ADVERTISEMENT

Why the Big 12 has an issue with Houston joining the conference | Tilman Fertitta

When did this come down to theology? But since we are here, Christianity is based upon Judaism. Christianity does not rewrite Judaism, but rather postulates that the Kingdom of God as noted in Judaism is in essence not an earthly or physical kingdom, but rather a spiritual one. That spiritual kingdom was created with the Messianic prophecy of Judaism being fulfilled through Jesus Christ.

There are plenty of Christian denominations with various interpretations, but for foundation must be consistent for them to be Christians. I personally feel Catholics err too much on legalism and creating hierarchies with Saints, Popes, and Mother Mary. However, Catholics are Christians in they do not completely rewrite Judaism AND they hold the belief in the divinity of Christ.

Mormons invoke the name of Christ, however their fundamental beliefs are based upon a complete rewriting of Judaism and conjecture without any proof. And before some purists talk about lack of proof in in the Bible I am referring to the fact that at least Judaism and the Old Testament refer to kingdoms we know exist such as Babylon and Egypt. Whereas the Book of Mormon has conjecture about the true Isreal being in the Americas and that white people were there before Europeans ever discovered the land. Also Christ's story in Mormonism goes beyond the crucifixion which is unlike any other sect of Christianity. All that being said, Mormonism has actually been mostly positive for its followers and society. Nothing is perfect, but the teachings make for good neighbors and communities. So while saying that Mormons are not Christians in the same way Baptists, Methodists, Lutherans, Catholics, etc... are is not disparaging or condemning them as evil.

However, Mormonism is like Islam in that a singular person contradicts the basics of the 39 books of Judaism/Old Testament as well as the 27 of the New Testament which were written across multiple generations and by multiple authors. No matter what your stance on Religion is, there is a difference between a set of beliefs whose fundamentals are based upon multiple accounts across multiple generations and a set of beliefs whose fundamentals are based upon a singular person creating them over a blip of history.
Mormans are Christians.

Reactions: KingCoal
Michaelwalkerbr....My shooting club is made up of mostly retired police...former military like myself...and spouses. Five bays...60 stations. We do a ton of events. I go a lot....seversl times per week. Lucky because my wife is an avid shooter...and exceptional handgun enthusiast. Know Rock Hill well. Daughter and family moving to north myrtle.
I'm an NRA firearms instructor and former SWAT Team leader. Tell her I bought the Ruger LCP Max and it is a great EDC. You ever come through here I'll buy you a beer after we go to Pappy's gun range.

I'm an NRA firearms instructor and former SWAT Team leader. Tell her I bought the Ruger LCP Max and it is a great EDC. You ever come through here I'll buy you a beer after we go to Pappy's gun range.
Bought a scatter gun recently. Pump action...4 + 1. 26 inches with birds head grip. Turkish. Shoot from hip. It is a blast...no pun. Legal classied as other fiirearm. Even have a holster sling. Actually great home defense firearm. I carry bersa 9 and my wife a bersa 380.

Bought a scatter gun recently. Pump action...4 + 1. 26 inches with birds head grip. Turkish. Shoot from hip. It is a blast...no pun. Legal classied as other fiirearm. Even have a holster sling. Actually great home defense firearm. I carry bersa 9 and my wife a bersa 380.
I had a Bersa 9 that was stolen by my ex wife. Nice pistol. I had Glocks S&W, Ruger, SCCy and Taurus along sith several long guns and a couple of shotguns, But I lost them all in a boating accident. LOL

I had a Bersa 9 that was stolen by my ex wife. Nice pistol. I had Glocks S&W, Ruger, SCCy and Taurus along sith several long guns and a couple of shotguns, But I lost them all in a boating accident. LOL
That would ruin a day lol. By the wsy i have a sccy1 gathering dust...9mm. How was the trigger on yours?

When did this come down to theology? But since we are here, Christianity is based upon Judaism. Christianity does not rewrite Judaism, but rather postulates that the Kingdom of God as noted in Judaism is in essence not an earthly or physical kingdom, but rather a spiritual one. That spiritual kingdom was created with the Messianic prophecy of Judaism being fulfilled through Jesus Christ.

There are plenty of Christian denominations with various interpretations, but for foundation must be consistent for them to be Christians. I personally feel Catholics err too much on legalism and creating hierarchies with Saints, Popes, and Mother Mary. However, Catholics are Christians in they do not completely rewrite Judaism AND they hold the belief in the divinity of Christ.

Mormons invoke the name of Christ, however their fundamental beliefs are based upon a complete rewriting of Judaism and conjecture without any proof. And before some purists talk about lack of proof in in the Bible I am referring to the fact that at least Judaism and the Old Testament refer to kingdoms we know exist such as Babylon and Egypt. Whereas the Book of Mormon has conjecture about the true Isreal being in the Americas and that white people were there before Europeans ever discovered the land. Also Christ's story in Mormonism goes beyond the crucifixion which is unlike any other sect of Christianity. All that being said, Mormonism has actually been mostly positive for its followers and society. Nothing is perfect, but the teachings make for good neighbors and communities. So while saying that Mormons are not Christians in the same way Baptists, Methodists, Lutherans, Catholics, etc... are is not disparaging or condemning them as evil.

However, Mormonism is like Islam in that a singular person contradicts the basics of the 39 books of Judaism/Old Testament as well as the 27 of the New Testament which were written across multiple generations and by multiple authors. No matter what your stance on Religion is, there is a difference between a set of beliefs whose fundamentals are based upon multiple accounts across multiple generations and a set of beliefs whose fundamentals are based upon a singular person creating them over a blip of history.

People are saying that statements against BYU are anti Christian

They aren’t really Christian

Comes down to a simple Bible verse. Pretty much the gospel John 3:16

If God can have multiple sons doesn’t this go against basic teachings of the Bible

The idea is Joseph Smith was Jesus Christ is where they are get at

Not gonna to call them a cult
But that is why people do…
Because it is pretty much heresy to call yourself Jesus Christ
They follow a man who did

S&W shield for a pocket rocket. Glock 17, HK 45c, or HK VP9 when wearing light clothing. HK USP 45 when wearing bulky clothing.

Unfortunately rootmaster will now claim you're racist.

Pistols are alright
Interested in more complex weapon systems because of my time in the USMC though
Was in ordnance but for aviation.

When I entered a lot of people were still huge fans of the 1911A1
Some officers didn’t want to give it up. Felt more protected with that than the M9.
Still remember how hardcore some were. Understandable

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT