ADVERTISEMENT

Why Is Texas Tech Interested In Dana?

Armand Goldman

Freshman
Apr 28, 2006
TTU's AD is frustrated because of their lack of defense. Why hire Dana then?

I'm guessing that this is a ploy by Dana to get an extension and a raise from WVU. TTU is not really interested in him.

Well, to be fair. Dana has finally grabbed on to the CEO part of being a head coach and now has experience. He is incapable of making it happen at WVU but he would get several years at TT to bring them up to being mediocre. Hope he moves on. It would be great news for all. Get an SEC minded HC in here to increase the level of expectations...or watch interest in the program fade away in the future.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
If Dana wants to stay here then he needs to put on his CEO hat and fire/demote Gibby and bring in a marquee DC. If he isn't willing to do what needs to be done then he needs to move on.

Tech is already a loser. Why change that. Holgs can take Gibby and Spavital with him and the points will rise and 7 or 8 wins will be great for Tech,

Dana is got going anywhere. Good deal here for him. Last extension runs through 2021 and gets him $3.72 mil per year avg; topping out at $4mill in 2021.

Smart thing to do would be to give him another 3 years to 2024, get him up to $4.25 avg with $4.65 in the final year. GOR ends with the contract and then we can see what will happen to the Big Xii and make a move from there. If we end up in another conference Dana may not be a good fit.

Dana is got going anywhere. Good deal here for him. Last extension runs through 2021 and gets him $3.72 mil per year avg; topping out at $4mill in 2021.

Smart thing to do would be to give him another 3 years to 2024, get him up to $4.25 avg with $4.65 in the final year. GOR ends with the contract and then we can see what will happen to the Big Xii and make a move from there. If we end up in another conference Dana may not be a good fit.

[Quote Believe I read that NC has to pay Fedora 14 mil reduced somewhat if he finds another job. Guess they have deeper pockets and I am probably missing some small print here!

I hope we leave the Big12 soon enough. Too far away, and the air raid/no defense conference has worn itself out on me. Aint none of these teams ever going to win a NC the way it is now. Not until they go back to playing both sides of the ball and being tough and physical. This patty cake crap is old to me. I'd rather play in any other P5 conference with a few teams east of the mississippi.

I hope we leave the Big12 soon enough. Too far away, and the air raid/no defense conference has worn itself out on me. Aint none of these teams ever going to win a NC the way it is now. Not until they go back to playing both sides of the ball and being tough and physical. This patty cake crap is old to me. I'd rather play in any other P5 conference with a few teams east of the mississippi.

If you don't think Oklahoma's OLine is Physical you have no idea about College Football.

There is a reason why Alabama went with Tua and Clemson told Kelly Bryant to get loss.

Oklahoma forces you to play their game.
Problem for OU like we have seen is other teams have elite talent on offense as well.
UGA was able to beat them because Jim Chaney is their OC.

I dont think TTU is serious in Dana, but DH did show he is able to improve a defense when he wanted.

OK..............I just got offen the phone with Holgybear. He told me that he is having a bad hair day and didn't feel like talking. He was in the 'countin' room when I called but he did take time out long enough to say............'I ain't going no where. There is still plenty of gold to be mined in them thar hills of WV!' Warez

Last edited:
Nobody wants Dana. He is last choice by bad losing teams like Texas Tech, Colorado who also don’t want him. WVU is stuck with Dana for another year and then we can fire him when the payout lowers a lot more.

Dana needs WVU. WVU doesn’t need him.

DH is a loyal person from what I have heard.
Dana has a lot of loyalty to Mike Leach.
With all that DH will never coach at Tech because of the issues between Mike Leach and Tech.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
And Mack Brown to UNC.

Mack Brown will play more golf at UNC than coach football.
Don't know the local courses around Chapel Hill but at the end of Brown's time in Austin he spent more time golfing with all the big money boosters than he did at coaching football.

UNC needed to go go over to Boone and get the coach at Appalachian State.

Mack Brown will bring in two coordinators from his past that football pasted up 5 years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT