ADVERTISEMENT

Who's your top 5 most despised programs - and why?

WV Jim WV

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2001
Parkersburg, WV
As a WVU fan, what schools do you most enjoy seeing fail? When I made my list I realized how concentrated my disdain was for members of one conference.

I don't really think of this as hating because it doesn't necessarily occupy my mind regularly - except when these schools are mentioned.

(6) UV Gay - they have beaten us when we faced them and mocked us while doing so. They are our antithesis in many ways and our natural enemy.

(5) Pitt - I know they should be higher on my list. Worst loss was the first game I attended - 16-13 in Pittsburgh.

(4) Syracuse - Marvin Graves

(3) BC - Fredo has never accomplished anything and was always WVU's bitch... But somehow they were chosen by the ACC. I still believe that was one of the dumbest moves of expansion - passing on us for them.

(2) Notre Dame - The reasons are many but the most glaring one f the preferred treatment they receive. I believe it serves to undermine college football. They will be forced into a conference at some point. I remember interviewing Digger Phelps after we kicked their ass in South Bend and how bad he hated WVU.

(1) Just about any ACC team (save for FSU and Clemson) - Elitist bastards think they are so superior to WVU. I particularly enjoy the exposing of the UNC Academic fraud... How any self-respecting fan would want to be part of that conference...

Reactions: Mountaineer Gooch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News