ADVERTISEMENT

POLL Which player you like to have for another year?

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
I noticed this yesterday and wondered what you folks would think?

EV5eC_uXQAAXVEK

I noticed this yesterday and wondered what you folks would think?

EV5eC_uXQAAXVEK

Joe Alexander. I say that because his senior season would have been on a team that already had the players for the Final Four. I also think he was the most versatile player of the group. Could shoot, play defense, could play somewhat down low and was able to scrap for rebounds.

Not on that list, but Ron 'Fritz' Williams...run, shoot, pass, D...total pkg. Guard problems solved.

Alexander. Perhaps the fastest improving player under Bob Huggins.

Devin Williams back for 16-17. That team without him came within an eyelash of ousting 1 Gonzaga who had a huge team. Williams would've neutralized some of that & provided some sorely needed scoring in that game. We then beat Gonz & Xavier after to return to the final four. Maybe more. Even beyond that Williams would've likely meant a higher seed as well, so meeting Gonz could've come a round later in the tourney too. Just awful how he never again played for WV after the sfa upset.

Will add a bonus one. Culver becomes eligible as he was intended to & is a freshman on Carter-Miles senior season team. With Culver, I think we finish off Villanova & prevent that huge run they went on particularly with their big Spellman I think it was going off. WV was only team to test Nova that whole tournament. Culver could've pushed them over the edge.

Reactions: Darth_VadEER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT