Oct 26, 2001
after the Big 12 breaks up???

A. BIG 10
B. ACC
C. SEC
D. AAC
E. Conf USA
F. Sun Belt

I think WVU is a strong candidate for the proposed CUSA/Sunbelt "super" conference.

I don't believe the Big 12 will fold anytime soon, but hypothetically, if it were to occur, I would like to see WVU and Pitt added to the B1G. Obviously, that would never occur, but it would be nice if it did. WVU in the B1G east, with annual football games against Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan State, Pitt, Michigan, Rutgers, Indiana, and Maryland. Not too shabby of a schedule.

The B1G would be ideal but the Big 12 is not breaking up IMO. Including 3rd tier rights, our league paid out the 3rd most per school. Also, as the years go on Texas is losing any leverage as a cornerstone school. How can you continue to call the shots despite being a doormat?

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
Texas and Oklahoma are going to go from being the pimps to the prostitutes? LOL, not going to happen.

Why would Texas and Oklahoma give up all of that power so they can go and be someone else's pet in another conference?

Big 12 is never going to break up for that reason alone.

Until and unless we get AAU status, we are considered unclean and unworthy. Would hope Pres. Gee would make this a priority.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
If the BIG 12 loses more teams one day, the conference won't end, don't kid yourself G5 fans.

Your best teams will be absorbed to join whoever is left, just as they were into the now defunct Big East.

When the Big breaks up WV will land either in the Big Ten, the SEC or the ACC. Or, just maybe the PAC 12. Pick one. You will be wrong either way. Dadgummit, how can we be so dumb?

after the Big 12 breaks up???

A. BIG 10
B. ACC
C. SEC
D. AAC
E. Conf USA
F. Sun Belt
You've got it all wrong. The next big trend is school mergers. WVU, Marshall, VT and Virginia could merge into The Old Virginia University. Or WVU could merge with PITT, Cincinnati, Kentucky and Tennessee to become Appalachian University. All campuses would simply become separate branches. They are going to reduce the number of major universities down to about 24 so that universities are simply large corporations. Just like we have seen with school consolidation at the secondary education level, the same is coming to college athletics and competition for research dollars. Mark it down, you heard it here first. The will only be 2 12 team conferences in the future. Please spend a few days thinking about this and which schools are likely to merge.

Reactions: countryroads89
I'd like to see the SEC give Missouri the boot and WVU take their place. I am sure they are sick of Mizzou'd safe spaces and poorly performing sports teams, as well as terrible fan support.

The only problem I have with WVU in the Big 10 is that, even if the Mountaineers win the conference title game, that Ohio State would go to the Final Four instead.

M anhandled Missouri, 26-11

O rdinary against Youngstown, 38-21

U nnerving miracle goalline tip/interception escapes BYU, 35-32

N o quit against Kansas State, 17-16

T ony’s turbulence tore up Texas Tech, 48-17

A nother defense whipping, of TCU, 34-10

I gnominy of turnovers against Oklahoma State, 20-37

N o problem decimating Kansas, 48-21

E xcellent, timely defense AGAIN; beat Texas, 24-20

E rectile dysfunctioned against Oklahoma, 56-28

R ebounded big time on offense and defense at Iowa State, 49-19

S hellshock Baylor

You've got it all wrong. The next big trend is school mergers. WVU, Marshall, VT and Virginia could merge into The Old Virginia University. Or WVU could merge with PITT, Cincinnati, Kentucky and Tennessee to become Appalachian University. All campuses would simply become separate branches. They are going to reduce the number of major universities down to about 24 so that universities are simply large corporations. Just like we have seen with school consolidation at the secondary education level, the same is coming to college athletics and competition for research dollars. Mark it down, you heard it here first. The will only be 2 12 team conferences in the future. Please spend a few days thinking about this and which schools are likely to merge.

WVU, Tenn,Kentucky could merge and form Oxycontin University. Nickname, The Meth Heads.

WVU, Tenn,Kentucky could merge and form Oxycontin University. Nickname, The Meth Heads.

You are a idiot. I don't find that funny or cleaver. Because of that trend and the response by the government and medical sector. We are now in the middle of a Heroin epidemic. A opiate addict will eventually move on too a strong maybe the strongest opiate available e.g. heroin.

Last edited:
Your a idiot. I don't find that funny or cleaver. Because of that trend and the response by the government and medical sector. We are now in the middle of a Heroin epidemic. A opiate addict will eventually move on too a strong maybe the strongest opiate available e.g. heroin.

It's "you're" an idiot. Just trying to have some fun.

Reactions: WVU-Brand
Not real funny seeing a dead 20 something year old because of a Heroin overdose. But carry on funny man.
I lost a 26 year old son to cocaine. If I can lighten up, so can you.

Until and unless we get AAU status, we are considered unclean and unworthy. Would hope Pres. Gee would make this a priority.
Gee and WVU have made impressive progress in this area from what I've read.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT