ADVERTISEMENT

Where is all of the Big XII smack talk? Or even some VPI smack please...

WVGeek

Sophomore
Sep 7, 2016
Follansbee, West Virginia
While reading the Marshall threads is somewhat entertaining, I was hoping to see some K-State, TCU, OSU, and Taco Tech smack starting to surface. Nothing at all to read from those folks. And where the hell is VPI?

My point, we need some other commentary.

For the record sPitt sucks now and forever.

Begging for a rivalry, now that you're an outlier, playing football games against opponents 1,000 miles away? No more filling up the pickup truck, stopping at Little General for a 12 pack of Nati Light, and heading to the away game, eh? The big trip nowadays for you backwoods types is limited to the annual trip to Myrtle.

But, "Big Things Are Coming"

Just you wait & see...

Begging for a rivalry, now that you're an outlier, playing football games against opponents 1,000 miles away? No more filling up the pickup truck, stopping at Little General for a 12 pack of Nati Light, and heading to the away game, eh? The big trip nowadays for you backwoods types is limited to the annual trip to Myrtle.

But, "Big Things Are Coming"

Just you wait & see...
My last big trip was to New Zealand and my next one is to Portland. That is how us backwoods types roll (but with out the Nati). Let me know if you find any decent beer Florida. I am going down to this winter to pick up some Dunstan Chestnut trees for the farm.

I'm going to check out Nivol Brewing at PCB. I'm not expecting it to be on scale with the brews up here, but I'm hoping for the best. There is a tap house just a 1/2 mile from our condo (walking distance) that carries a bunch of beers across the country, including one of my go to beers - Two Hearted Ale. With that said, I'll be paying the 'beach rate' for them, but that's okay.

My last big trip was to New Zealand and my next one is to Portland. That is how us backwoods types roll (but with out the Nati). Let me know if you find any decent beer Florida. I am going down to this winter to pick up some Dunstan Chestnut trees for the farm.

My last big trip was a fly in fishing trip at an outpost camp on a lake along the Little Churchill River 600 miles north of Winnipeg, Manitoba. We were the second party to ever fish that particular lake. In 12 days we saw exactly one plane fly over, the one carrying Game Wardens out of Churchill who just happened to spot us and land their float plane to check us out. Lots of black bears, moose, a few wolves, and the cry of the loon........and the kind of fishing you can only dream about. If I can talk my wife into it our next big trip will be to Churchill where the largest congregation of polar bears on earth live.

My last big trip was a fly in fishing trip at an outpost camp on a lake along the Little Churchill River 600 miles north of Winnipeg, Manitoba. We were the second party to ever fish that particular lake. In 12 days we saw exactly one plane fly over, the one carrying Game Wardens out of Churchill who just happened to spot us and land their float plane to check us out. Lots of black bears, moose, a few wolves, and the cry of the loon........and the kind of fishing you can only dream about. If I can talk my wife into it our next big trip will be to Churchill where the largest congregation of polar bears on earth live.
My daughter is working in a salmon camp this summer in Alaska. She caught 3 big King Salmon the first day out. Fishing was closed in New Zealand when we were there.

While reading the Marshall threads is somewhat entertaining, I was hoping to see some K-State, TCU, OSU, and Taco Tech smack starting to surface. Nothing at all to read from those folks. And where the hell is VPI?

My point, we need some other commentary.

For the record sPitt sucks now and forever.
No love for VPI here , hope the Mounties crush Hokie High but wouldn't bet that way!

Reactions: WVGeek
Geez boys, forgot about Skylar Howard already? He wasn't great but kind of grew on me....3 year starters are hard to replace...as you boys are about to find out!

I may be one of the few that actually appreciated Skyler Howard and his hard nosed efforts. Sometimes he could throw a long ball with pinpoint accuracy and sometimes he'd throw a short and quick one near the sidelines and completely miss his intended receiver and we'd say WTH was that??? But he definitely gave all he had for our cause, too many times to the BOOS of some of our fans.

As for replacing him - Will Grier is a different kind of QB and after all the mystery he has been cleared as eligible for our season starter. Maybe not as tough when it comes to running head first like Skyler did, but according to all reports he has a much quicker release and better accuracy throwing the ball to all points on the field. Time will tell the tale.

I may be one of the few that actually appreciated Skyler Howard and his hard nosed efforts. Sometimes he could throw a long ball with pinpoint accuracy and sometimes he'd throw a short and quick one near the sidelines and completely miss his intended receiver and we'd say WTH was that??? But he definitely gave all he had for our cause, too many times to the BOOS of some of our fans.

As for replacing him - Will Grier is a different kind of QB and after all the mystery he has been cleared as eligible for our season starter. Maybe not as tough when it comes to running head first like Skyler did, but according to all reports he has a much quicker release and better accuracy throwing the ball to all points on the field. Time will tell the tale.
Yeah, I kind of liked Skylar as well...we'll see but no substitute for game experience.

Yeah, I kind of liked Skylar as well...we'll see but no substitute for game experience.

There's also no substitute for confidence and leadership, which Will Grier has in abundance, and some solid skills to go with it. Do yourself a favor and read up on how his team mates and our coaches respect him on both accounts.

There's also no substitute for confidence and leadership, which Will Grier has in abundance, and some solid skills to go with it. Do yourself a favor and read up on how his team mates and our coaches respect him on both accounts.
I'm from Missouri when it comes to that...but we'll give him a fair shot!

It'd be a spring board win to be sure but breaking in a new QB at Blacksburg will be tough sledding,IMHO!
It is always a tough thing to do. VPI has the same problem though with a guy that has 0 game experience. Will Grier has 6 undefeated games against the SEC to rely on as experience. Tony I see this guy having one of the highest ceilings in WVU QB history. (I have been watching this team since the Signetti era and was in attendance during some of the Bowdon led teams, though too young to remember.) My point is hyperbole isn't something that I am throwing around here. I really see this guy as being very very good. With the best back-field in the Big XII and a more than serviceable line and receiving corps, this offence is poised to put up ridiculous numbers. I realize that this is a smack board, but I felt you deserved a regular board level response. And sense yesterday, Grier is cleared by NCAA to play in Landover Md against the Chokies.

Geek

It is always a tough thing to do. VPI has the same problem though with a guy that has 0 game experience. Will Grier has 6 undefeated games against the SEC to rely on as experience. Tony I see this guy having one of the highest ceilings in WVU QB history. (I have been watching this team since the Signetti era and was in attendance during some of the Bowdon led teams, though too young to remember.) My point is hyperbole isn't something that I am throwing around here. I really see this guy as being very very good. With the best back-field in the Big XII and a more than serviceable line and receiving corps, this offence is poised to put up ridiculous numbers. I realize that this is a smack board, but I felt you deserved a regular board level response. And sense yesterday, Grier is cleared by NCAA to play in Landover Md against the Chokies.

Geek
That's true , it's not like he's never seen the field against top competition. Two of the best WVU QB's in the last 40 years were transfer's, Jake the Snake and Ol' Hoss!

Reactions: WVGeek
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT