ADVERTISEMENT

Where are the anti-Dana antagonists?

You should look at what Mike McIntyre has done at Colorado. He took over a Colorado program that was in the same shape as Kansas and now its 4 years later and there playing in the Pac 12 championship game. Colorado doesn't have the greatest facilities and very minimal in state recruiting. The job he has done far exceeds what dana has accomplished as well as what Chris Petersen has done at Washington. 6 years is plenty of time to build the necessary depth to compete in the big 12 and since wvu has had the 2nd most NFL draft picks in that time period the lack of depth and talent is open to criticism. The Big 12 is extremely weak will see how well he does next year. Mike Gundy has competed for the big 12 title in 3 of the 5 years we have been members of the big 12 and in that time period he has only had 5 players drafted in the NFL and we had that alone last year.
But they lost 2 games to Michigan and USC. Weren't they "big games"?

Wow. Some thread here.

I'll help you all out.

Dana is likely better than anyone else we can get out there in the free agent market with all the big spenders dumping coaches left and right.

Is he a top 10 coach? No. I'll say he is in the top 25 though. I would equally say he wan't a top 40 head coach 3 years ago.

Dana is trending up. He deserves at least a 4 year deal in the 4m/yr range. If he would have beaten OKSt or OU, it might have been closer to 5m/yr to keep him.

The debate that is going on (unless a contract is already signed) will be the buyout/guaranteed years issues.

No one will ask me but 4 mil either way is enough to make people pause before making a rash decision, but yet not enough for one to hold the other hostage the way this current contract went.

That's just me though.

Reactions: OmarLittle
I have no dog in this hunt, but want to point out that Herman also coached a third-string quarterback to the National Title in 2014-15, and is a member of Mensa. Having said this, Holgorsen has done a good of coaching offense, and should be given a chance to coach Grier, the most talented QB, by far, that he has had at WVU.

Holy crap. The Buckeye fan with the win!! You must be in the 0.2% of OSU fans that actually went to college.

well, it appears someone finally got over their "he done burnt a redshirt" butthurt

Congrats!

I'm not sure if your conclusion "adds up," but remember that even a blind squirrel finds a nut every so often. Keep pluggin' there junior.

Any consideration they showed Holgorsen went out the window after that putrid performance against Oklahoma. They didn't want Orgeron they only choose him because option A and B were gone. That fact they choose him over Dana shows they weren't really impressed with what Holgorsen has accomplished. The incompetence he displayed in the 1st half of the Oklahoma game said it all.
So its Dana's fault we lost to Oklahoma? Did Dana fumble twice on the 5 yard line? Did Dana turn the ball over 5 times? Where was WVU picked to finish preseason? Where was Oklahoma picked preseason?

Truth is, Dana deserves a lot of credit for this turn around. WVU has overachieved and this coaching staff deserves some credit for that turn around.

Wow. Some thread here.

I'll help you all out.

Dana is likely better than anyone else we can get out there in the free agent market with all the big spenders dumping coaches left and right.

Is he a top 10 coach? No. I'll say he is in the top 25 though. I would equally say he wan't a top 40 head coach 3 years ago.

Dana is trending up. He deserves at least a 4 year deal in the 4m/yr range. If he would have beaten OKSt or OU, it might have been closer to 5m/yr to keep him.

The debate that is going on (unless a contract is already signed) will be the buyout/guaranteed years issues.

No one will ask me but 4 mil either way is enough to make people pause before making a rash decision, but yet not enough for one to hold the other hostage the way this current contract went.

That's just me though.

Steeler, I think some reasonable-minded person hacked your account.

ColoradoMountaineer (aka: Hank), TruWVblu, etc? Thoughts?
We started the season 6-0 and the board was relatively peaceful. Then you came along stirring the pot. You should feel reel proud of yourself. Thanks for upsetting the apple cart.

Reactions: GoWVU
We started the season 6-0 and the board was relatively peaceful. Then you came along stirring the pot. You should feel reel proud of yourself. Thanks for upsetting the apple cart.

The apple cart was a ghetto, let's dump it!

Dana is making WVU great again.

The apple cart was a ghetto.

Dana is making WVU great again.
I am happy with the season I am not happy with the constant bickering and attempts by certain people to cause division amongst the fan base and that that's exactly what the op had intended.

Reactions: GoWVU
So its Dana's fault we lost to Oklahoma? Did Dana fumble twice on the 5 yard line? Did Dana turn the ball over 5 times? Where was WVU picked to finish preseason? Where was Oklahoma picked preseason?

Truth is, Dana deserves a lot of credit for this turn around. WVU has overachieved and this coaching staff deserves some credit for that turn around.
Typical Dana fluffer propaganda. Maybe if Dana would have had his team prepared to play football in the 1st half instead of auditioning for WWF wresting then maybe the result would have been different. The lack of disciple the team showed is on him.

Typical Dana fluffer propaganda. Maybe if Dana would have had his team prepared to play football in the 1st half instead of auditioning for WWF wresting then maybe the result would have been different. The lack of disciple the team showed is on him.

How many screen names does ColoradoMountaineer have?

Busted.

Bret Bielema, Butch Jones, and Dan Mullen all make over $4mil. I don't think you're factoring market value.

Respectfully, I'm trying to factor in what my alma mater can afford. We all want to throw money at ANY coach that we hope will win the national title, but you have to have the money to throw. It's not market value. It's what we can afford. Texas threw a ton of money at their coaching choice and now the Longhorns are throwing another ton of money as his replacement. WVU doesn't have that kind of money, even with the increased payout from the Big 12 compared to the Big East. WVU cannot afford a coaching $$$ race with the oil billionaire schools. As usual, we have to do more with less. That's been our history. It won't change, as much as we would like to pay Dana more than Nick Saban. That won't win any more games than it has.

I don't think EERSFAN and CM are the same poster.
I'll let you in on a little secret im not EERfan, Hank Hill, wvpaper,spookcat2002 But I am Darth_VadEER. You see we were diagnosed with a multiple personality disorder when we were young. It was a perfect rouse while it lasted but I have decided to turn over a new leaf. Any observant poster on this board will see that we both like to push hot button topics, Escalates debates topics to heights no one would have imagined and make mountains out of mole hills. How have we accomplished this? well its easy since were the same person. I'll talk to you later but im not sure when i'll be Colorado again Darth has been refusing the psych meds as of late so we can't control this disorder in the manner our psychiatrist has suggested.

How many screen names does ColoradoMountaineer have?

Busted.
Hey Darth I just spilled the beans to cajun. I reveled that you me are the same poster. I let em know about the personality disorder we have suffered since childhood. It was fun while it lasted no one would have ever guessed. I came on an escalated the anti Dana position while you did the same on the Pro Dana side. We had em fooled but all good things come to an end. Im just curious since you decided to stop taking the psych meds is there another personality I am unaware of? It seems the amount of time I spend being Colorado has been severely diminished lately? I have noticed that wvu80ate and you seem to have taking a liking to truwvblu. You and him seem to be the only 2 dedicating time to calling him out by name. You two seem joined at the hip. He conveniently shows up to have your back when you need it. Mama said you were the one who liked to keep secrets in the family. So if i were to insult him am I really insulting myself? Or is it Anakin Skywalker. Please don't tell me its emperor palpantine.

Hey mouth breather its the coaches job to have his team prepared to play. Wvu80ate=punisheer.

I find it very telling when people call others out instead of just enjoying a good WVU season. This is more of a reflection of your character than anyone you mentioned. It is clear you have not read anything I have posted in the past 3 months.
"This is more of a reflection of your character...blah...blah...blah". Same old tired rebuttal. If the shoe fits, you wear it. Youve been against Dana from day 1. Then you disappear as soon as the wins come in numbers. Exposed.

"This is more of a reflection of your character...blah...blah...blah". Same old tired rebuttal. If the shoe fits, you wear it. Youve been against Dana from day 1. Then you disappear as soon as the wins come in numbers. Exposed.
I have not disappeared at all. I have been on here many times over the past couple of months and have said more than once that I am very happy with the progress the team and Holgorsen has made. This just doesn't fit your agenda so you have chosen to overlook those posts. If you are going to call someone out by name, you should at least know what you are talking about.

Oh, so Hank is back on this board. Well, that's a shame.

I found your picture

th

Isn't he dead? For real?

Wasn't he the one who rode one of those little scooters and was at all the basketball games?

Sad, I haven't paid attention for years.

• Haha
Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Isn't he dead? For real?

Wasn't he the one who rode one of those little scooters and was at all the basketball games?

Sad, I haven't paid attention for years.
Shit. I didn’t know this. Good job raining on this parade lol. He definitely stirred the drink on here back during the Mothman “WVU to SEC. Done deal” days. I didn’t post much but always enjoyed the banter.

Reactions: spartansstink
Sorry about that. I don't know if it's true or not. Hope not anyway.

Yes, he did. Had several go-rounds with him myself. Always a worthy adversary.

Good times back then, at least on the board!

I saw Hank Hill post on Facebook recently, so I believe the demise of Hank is fake news.

Same one?

I mean, he was in pretty rough shape even 10 years ago.
If Hank is the same guy that had the marina shop, then yes. I do believe he attended games sitting in handicapped section, as I remember people giving him crap about it, primarily Keaton, who Lord knows which handle he is here these days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT