ADVERTISEMENT

When is the last time African American and Hispanic unemployment been this low?

30CAT

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Williamstown, WV
Never? At the very least, our lifetimes. 19-year low for female unemployment. Small business optimism at an all time high. Overall unemployment rate is the lowest in a very long time.

Progressive liberals are going to run on raising taxes, massive government control, everything will be free, Americans should give up their guns, a borderless country, catering to terrorists and respecting the animals of MS-13....

Reactions: atlkvb
Never? At the very least, our lifetimes. 19-year low for female unemployment. Small business optimism at an all time high. Overall unemployment rate is the lowest in a very long time.

Progressive liberals are going to run on raising taxes, massive government control, everything will be free, Americans should give up their guns, a borderless country, catering to terrorists and respecting the animals of MS-13....

Do you notice how the Left hardly ever touts these numbers on Black and Hispanic employment? Know what else you don't hear them talking about?

How many more Blacks are ready to vote for Trump as a direct result of these outstanding job numbers. Democrats don't want to admit to this, or see it become a main common theme in news reporting because Trump "hates Blacks and is a racist". That's what Democrats and the media want as the narrative, and these jobs numbers make it harder for them to have that lie stick. So they just ignore it.

Reactions: 30CAT
Do you notice how the Left hardly ever touts these numbers on Black and Hispanic employment? Know what else you don't hear them talking about?

How many more Blacks are ready to vote for Trump as a direct result of these outstanding job numbers. Democrats don't want to admit to this, or see it become a main common theme in news reporting because Trump "hates Blacks and is a racist". That's what Democrats and the media want as the narrative, and these jobs numbers make it harder for them to have that lie stick. So they just ignore it.

They absolutely ignore it. Tough to argue facts, so they just throw down their "card"...

b37690f8c90684d39afde591b0d63b5d-d8cvnzn.png

Reactions: atlkvb
They absolutely ignore it. Tough to argue facts, so they just throw down their "card"...

b37690f8c90684d39afde591b0d63b5d-d8cvnzn.png

They can ignore it, but Black people aren't stupid. They know Democrats ain't the reason they're gettin' paid $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

To a long list that's growing in the Black community, Trump's a Pimp!

Reactions: 30CAT
Lol, worrying about us Democrats, aww how sweet. I'll worry about us when the KKK and Nazis endorse our guy, ya'll consider that a plus I guess.

Unemployment overall is very low and it's so low for whites that it's hard to get lower for them and thus it's instead getting lower for blacks and others and thus the gap between the rates for whites and blacks is shrinking. That's fine but the real test will come someday when the rate starts going back up.

Will the rates then go up for whites and blacks at the same pace, thus continuing the smaller gap between them? Or instead will the rates go up more for blacks than whites, thus reinstating the large gap between whites and blacks? I suspect that that is the larger long term point for blacks.

Lol, worrying about us Democrats, aww how sweet. I'll worry about us when the KKK and Nazis endorse our guy, ya'll consider that a plus I guess.

Nope Keyser. You guys beat us to the race baiter when you made Keith Ellison your DNC co Chair. He can compete with any KKK member on that and he hates Jews more than the Nazis did.

Unemployment overall is very low and it's so low for whites that it's hard to get lower for them and thus it's instead getting lower for blacks and others and thus the gap between the rates for whites and blacks is shrinking. That's fine but the real test will come someday when the rate starts going back up.

Will the rates then go up for whites and blacks at the same pace, thus continuing the smaller gap between them? Or instead will the rates go up more for blacks than whites, thus reinstating the large gap between whites and blacks? I suspect that that is the larger long term point for blacks.

Why does the gap have to go down for anyone op2? Wouldn't an expanding economy mean more jobs for more people as the economy continues to produce new opportunities for businesses and entrepreneurs?

Why does the gap have to go down for anyone op2? Wouldn't an expanding economy mean more jobs for more people as the economy continues to produce new opportunities for businesses and entrepreneurs?

I don't understand what you're saying. I'm just saying that while a long term reduction in the gap in the UE rate between B and W would be a good thing, a short term reduction (which is what is happening now) is no guarantee the reduction will remain in place long term. Long term on this is what counts.

I don't understand what you're saying. I'm just saying that while a long term reduction in the gap in the UE rate between B and W would be a good thing, a short term reduction (which is what is happening now) is no guarantee the reduction will remain in place long term. Long term on this is what counts.

So that's what I'm saying long term means an expanding economy with sustained growth above 4% GDP. Isn't that what we're working for?

Fair points but couldn’t that just allude to specific sectors of the job market being hit stronger than others? Not necessarily that it’s the black folk getting the axe while whitey keeps working?

Fair points but couldn’t that just allude to specific sectors of the job market being hit stronger than others? Not necessarily that it’s the black folk getting the axe while whitey keeps working?

When folks stop eating or stop needing goods and services provided to them in either greater quantity or greater quality then we need to start worrying about folks losing their job from a shrinking economy.

But as folks continue to earn more produce more or want more there will be a need for more workers. Right now there are way more jobs than there are folks to fill them. Many of the jobs that are open most people are not even qualified for!

So that's what I'm saying long term means an expanding economy with sustained growth above 4% GDP. Isn't that what we're working for?

I'd like to see 4% growth forever but it's not going to happen and neither is a permanent 3.5% UE rate or whatever. What happens someday when the UE rate goes up to 5, 6, 7, 8%. It's going to happen eventually.

You could site various reasons for any particular change but I'm just saying that in the long term, if the gap in the UE rate between B and W is the same in 1980 and 2000 and 2020, etc. then from the POV of B folks that's bad because whitey always has it better.

I'd like to see 4% growth forever but it's not going to happen and neither is a permanent 3.5% UE rate or whatever. What happens someday when the UE rate goes up to 5, 6, 7, 8%. It's going to happen eventually.

True we have not seen that sustained, but we haven't seen interest rates this low either. We've never seen 25, 000 on the DOW. We've never seen 21 Trillion dollar deficits either! Our econony is not static. Growth solves all of the problems you mentioned, including paying down that debt if we can reign in deficit spending.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT