ADVERTISEMENT

When HCNB arrived on the scene many of you

Regardless, Brown's record is not significantly better than Cignetti comparing their first 4 years. It is not unreasonable to say that prior to 2 days ago, Brown was as bad or worse.
Brown is not playing Villanova, Richmond, Temple in the same season. VT was bad every year at that time and pretty much bad again. The 1978 season was probably Cignetti's toughest schedule and he finished 2-9. Brown had more wins against tougher competition than Cignetti.

Brown went to 2 bowl games Cignetti 0
Cignetti didn't have to go through Covid, NIL or transfer portal or it's probably even worse than he had.

Cignetti didn't have a 12 million dollar buyout or a stupid AD that gave a huge extension in year 2 for going 6-4.

Cignetti faced 10 ranked teams and finished 1-9 against them.
Brown has faced 16 so far (15 in 4 years) Finished 3-13 against them.

I’d say Utah is the team that may carry the Big12 torch. I don’t think anyone is giving them the respect. They’ve been at the top of the Pac12 with Oregon, Washington and USC. And KState is always good.
I don't think any team will necessarily carry the torch for the new big 12. I think it will be done more by committee. None of the members are consistently good every year. I think growing the conference to 16 helps. That should be enough of a buffer to produce a couple of teams that should be better than average.

Last edited:
Reactions: WVUALLEN
Brown is not playing Villanova, Richmond, Temple in the same season. VT was bad every year at that time and pretty much bad again. The 1978 season was probably Cignetti's toughest schedule and he finished 2-9. Brown had more wins against tougher competition than Cignetti.

Brown went to 2 bowl games Cignetti 0
Cignetti didn't have to go through Covid, NIL or transfer portal or it's probably even worse than he had.

Cignetti didn't have a 12 million dollar buyout or a stupid AD that gave a huge extension in year 2 for going 6-4.

Cignetti faced 10 ranked teams and finished 1-9 against them.
Brown has faced 16 so far (15 in 4 years) Finished 3-13 against them.
Ok yeah Brown is leaps and bounds better....pfft lol. Brown is over his head man. The dude uses a cell phone app to help him make in game decisions. He would take up for Daygay after throwing 2-3 ints and losing the game and throw Greene under the bus for running for 1st downs in the same game. He marched down High St representing a marxist, violent, divisive organization. He has blamed literally everyone but himself for his failures. And thats before it even gets into his overall win loss record, the piss poor play calling, the fact that even in year 5, another batch of his WRs cant catch for shit. Strange in game personel decisions that kill momentum. Playing not to lose. Whining like a baby. That Penn St press conference was embarrassing when he lied after they asked him if PSU scoring that last TD bothered him. His response to that was epic loser, beta male garbage. So whatever about Brown vs Cignetti. Not much difference if any. Brown is more of a woke weenie is all. Every penny of that buyout is worth paying to get a real coach in here. This is a good team. They are worth it.

Last edited:
Ok yeah Brown is leaps and bounds better....pfft lol. Brown is over his head man. The dude uses a cell phone app to help him make in game decisions. He would take up for Daygay after throwing 2-3 ints and losing the game and throw Greene under the bus for running for 1st downs in the same game. He marched down High St representing a marxist, violent, divisive organization. He has blamed literally everyone but himself for his failures. And thats before it even gets into his overall win loss record, the piss poor play calling, the fact that even in year 5, another batch of his WRs cant catch for shit. Strange in game personel decisions that kill momentum. Playing not to lose. Whining like a baby. That Penn St press conference was embarrassing when he lied after they asked him if PSU scoring that last TD bothered him. His response to that was epic loser, beta male garbage. So whatever about Brown vs Cignetti. Not much difference if any. Brown is more of a woke weenie is all. Every penny of that buyout is worth paying to get a real coach in here. This is a good team. They are worth it.
So yesterday you stated that you Hope Brown succeeds and now you post this garbage nice going man.

Daygay? really?

You people need help...grow the **** up.

So yesterday you stated that you Hope Brown succeeds and now you post this garbage nice going man.
I hope he succeeds but dont think he is going to, for the reasons above and more. I have made that very clear many times over the last year or 2. I'm not against Neal Brown as a person. I just think a lot of the stuff he has done here is stupid, and it is garbage, and that garbage is not what I want for WVU either. I want him to man up and be a real coach or pack his shit and leave. That's all. It would be nice if he stepped up and figured it out since we are already stuck with him thanks to the worst AD in history, but my faith level in that happening is like 8%. But its not gone lol.

The sad part is, outside of a small percentager of WVU homers, the sports world knows that Neal would have been fired last season if the buyout wasnt there. I think its a bad look for WVU.

Last edited:
I hope he succeeds but dont think he is going to, for the reasons above and more. I have made that very clear many times over the last year or 2. I'm not against Neal Brown as a person. I just think a lot of the stuff he has done here is stupid, and it is garbage, and that garbage is not what I want for WVU either. I want him to man up and be a real coach or pack his shit and leave. That's all. It would be nice if he stepped up and figured it out since we are already stuck with him thanks to the worst AD in history, but my faith level in that happening is like 8%. But its not gone lol.

The sad part is, outside of a small percentager of WVU homers, the sports world knows that Neal would have been fired last season if the buyout wasnt there. I think its a bad look for WVU.
Honestly, I don't know what you believe. You did a complete 180. Neal Brown is the coach at the moment, and you don't know for sure if he would have been fired are not. You have a right not to like him but make up your mind. If you truly want him to succeed, then I suggest you delete that post. It doesn't come off as someone who supports the coach. It sounds like an ignorant hate filled rant.

Reactions: WVUBRU
Honestly, I don't know what you believe. You did a complete 180. Neal Brown is the coach at the moment, and you don't know for sure if he would have been fired are not. You have a right not to like him but make up your mind. If you truly want him to succeed, then I suggest you delete that post. It doesn't come off as someone who supports the coach. It sounds like an ignorant hate filled rant.
Why would I delete my post? Prove it wrong.

Here's the thing, it is possible to love your team and support them and want them to win but also not have faith that the coach is the answer and even completely disagree with a lot of that crap he's done. I'm always rooting for the team especially the players. And I would rather Brown do a 180 and really truly grt it going long term but I haven't seen anything to make me believe it will happen even in the wins we've had this season, we're just not the kind of mountaineer team that we used to be. I don't want to lower the standards. I would rather raise them to another level. Because in my mind WVU is worth it. We are worth investing in the best coaches, facilities, teachers everything. WVU is the school I love. Brown didn't go there and he's not from here and I won't care when he's gone.

Said that his failures were due largely to a general lack of talent and a bare cupboard.

So, moving forward, what is the current state of WVU’s roster? Is it rich with talent or is it filled with a bunch of suspect players? Just want to make sure we establish what the baseline is before we bring in a new coach…..
Said that his failures were due largely to a general lack of talent and a bare cupboard.

So, moving forward, what is the current state of WVU’s roster? Is it rich with talent or is it filled with a bunch of suspect players? Just want to make sure we establish what the baseline is before we bring in a new coach…..
The answer to what you suggest is easily answered—-STOP emphasizing replacing the current staff! We are winning and recruiting is not what is was before Dana left. SO why are you dwelling on a negative emphasis?
In addition, were you and those as narrow minded as you appear successful in ignoring and distorting relative facts regarding 2022 in particular and convince some weak minded administrators to follow your idiotic agenda by replacing this staff YOU and those of like mind WILL be the ones responsible for the State of Affairs greeting replacement staff. I would foresee the portal being flooded with a large portion of those we most need retain. In your naivety you falsely presume we are able to attract a replacement staff of superb coaches anxiously waiting the opportunity to come to Morgantown and dealing with myopic critics like you. HA! I have serious doubt we would attract an upper crust staff after some realization of the attitudes and tactics of some who falsely classify themselves as ‘fans’. Couple this with our not being a school with massive resources and I see the replacement bring one inexperienced as a HC. So we hire, at best, another “up and comer” co-ordinator or just a lifelong assistsnt. We may attract another HC from a lower level waiting to try ghe big time. (This provides you and yours built in material for future dislike and another agenda based mess!)
So, scrap the last sentence from your post and dwell on looking in a mirror and observe that A MAJOR PROBLEM for future program success is YOU.

Haters.

The cupboard was bare as a baby's bottom. Has it it been replaced? The talent is there and his recruiting is up to standard of other coaches here before him. His coaching, motivational skills and growth of players on the other hand is bad, well you see the results. He tends to pick starters that have seniority instead of starting talented players. His assistant coaches are below the standard that WVU has had before. If not for Shane I believe Brown would have been fired already.

Good coaches make good teams by coordinating the players' strengths to achieve a good outcome. A good coach can identify what each player can contribute.

Brown doesn't change his offense for the skills the players have. Plus he needs to fire assistant coaches that have sucked since being here.

And please somebody get rid of EGG and this would be a huge step forward.
Your first paragraph is filled with ramblings with NO specifics noted. Your vague criticisms about playing other than the best players may increase the emotions of some but, without specifics, is hollow and reeks of a poorly conceived argument. Such a display is often referred to as meaningless ‘nit-picking’

Your first paragraph is filled with ramblings with NO specifics noted. Your vague criticisms about playing other than the best players may increase the emotions of some but, without specifics, is hollow and reeks of a poorly conceived argument. Such a display is often referred to as meaningless ‘nit-picking’
You have no arguement so you post a pile of shit.

The answer to what you suggest is easily answered—-STOP emphasizing replacing the current staff! We are winning and recruiting is not what is was before Dana left. SO why are you dwelling on a negative emphasis?
In addition, were you and those as narrow minded as you appear successful in ignoring and distorting relative facts regarding 2022 in particular and convince some weak minded administrators to follow your idiotic agenda by replacing this staff YOU and those of like mind WILL be the ones responsible for the State of Affairs greeting replacement staff. I would foresee the portal being flooded with a large portion of those we most need retain. In your naivety you falsely presume we are able to attract a replacement staff of superb coaches anxiously waiting the opportunity to come to Morgantown and dealing with myopic critics like you. HA! I have serious doubt we would attract an upper crust staff after some realization of the attitudes and tactics of some who falsely classify themselves as ‘fans’. Couple this with our not being a school with massive resources and I see the replacement bring one inexperienced as a HC. So we hire, at best, another “up and comer” co-ordinator or just a lifelong assistsnt. We may attract another HC from a lower level waiting to try ghe big time. (This provides you and yours built in material for future dislike and another agenda based mess!)
So, scrap the last sentence from your post and dwell on looking in a mirror and observe that A MAJOR PROBLEM for future program success is YOU.

The feelings brigade strike again. You dont actually believe this rubble. You're a PITT fan in disguise.

Haters.

The cupboard was bare as a baby's bottom. Has it it been replaced? The talent is there and his recruiting is up to standard of other coaches here before him. His coaching, motivational skills and growth of players on the other hand is bad, well you see the results. He tends to pick starters that have seniority instead of starting talented players. His assistant coaches are below the standard that WVU has had before. If not for Shane I believe Brown would have been fired already.

Good coaches make good teams by coordinating the players' strengths to achieve a good outcome. A good coach can identify what each player can contribute.

Brown doesn't change his offense for the skills the players have. Plus he needs to fire assistant coaches that have sucked since being here.

And please somebody get rid of EGG and this would be a huge step forward.
I saw poor coaching on the basics lose this game in the final seconds. Ever college level coach and thus defensive player should know that you don't defend end of game hail Mary's by trying to tip and catch the ball for an interception. You try to punch the ball out of play!!!!! But with NB, we just try tipping the ball back up into the air (and to the other team).

I saw poor coaching on the basics lose this game in the final seconds. Ever college level coach and thus defensive player should know that you don't defend end of game hail Mary's by trying to tip and catch the ball for an interception. You try to punch the ball out of play!!!!! But with NB, we just try tipping the ball back up into the air (and to the other team).
Really. No shit.

Reactions: BombidEER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT