ADVERTISEMENT

When asked if he was going to play in Bowl Marshall player

Nova Mountaineer

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
Morgantown
said look forward to being with my teammates - according to TV announcer. It was one of their receivers who seem to have a chance at NFL. To me that's a real teammate. One of our
players I believe it was Donahue put it well when he said that bowl games are important
and indicated he was fired up. IMHO that's the way it ought to be. If you're a true
member of the team you stop playing when all the games are done. Sure wish
we had a head coach that did not support players that are snubbing our last game.

You are talking about two different situations.

On one side you have a player who may never compete at that level again so he wants to put on the uniform for one more time and go to battle.

On the other you have future NFL players who can sign with an agent once they give up their eligibility and can start preparing for the draft.

Neither is right nor wrong but they are not similar.

Cannot compare the two.

On one side you have a player who may never compete at that level again so he wants to put on the uniform for one more time and go to battle.

On the other you have future NFL players who can sign with an agent once they give up their eligibility and can start preparing for the draft.

Neither is right nor wrong but they are not similar.

Cannot compare the two.
This.

Don’t compare some random Marshall receiver to 3 of the greatest players to ever play for WVU

Reactions: WVUALLEN
said look forward to being with my teammates - according to TV announcer. It was one of their receivers who seem to have a chance at NFL. To me that's a real teammate. One of our
players I believe it was Donahue put it well when he said that bowl games are important
and indicated he was fired up. IMHO that's the way it ought to be. If you're a true
member of the team you stop playing when all the games are done. Sure wish
we had a head coach that did not support players that are snubbing our last game.

Do you believe everything the tv announcers on espn say & promote as gospel?
Do you believe they're not trying to hype the game they're doing that won't even draw a 2 rating and is in an oversized empty stadium?
Do you realize that espn and its on air & radio employees even have an agenda to continue this charade that there are not waaaaaaay tooooooo many bowl games to create programming, make the network money, and continue to give them jobs for broadcasting games nobody is really watching?

If you answered yes to any of these questions it explains why you continue to beat this dead horse.

The bottom line is you go to college to get a better job and a better financial future. It's why I went to WVU and got 3 engineering degrees. The players sitting out of this exhibition bowl games are accomplishing that by getting ready for the interview of their lives. All have given at least 3 seasons to WVU football. One has given 5 and played the last game or games and wasn't able to even walk right. They all have lottery tickets of some value in their pockets. The lottery office opens next in April to cash them. Why risk losing it?

One other question when DaSean Butler left millions on the floor in Indianapolis with a knee that was ruined, how much did you donate to make up for his loss? Exactly. And that is why Joe Alexander made the absolute right decision by leaving school when he was projected as a NBA lottery pick after only 6 or 7 good games at the end of a season and then went 7th in the draft to the Bucks.

Yeah it's a whole lot easier to make decisions for others when you got not a darn thing invested or nothing to lose.

I wish all those guys well. I hope they make a lot of $$$$$$$ and invest it wisely.

Last edited:

Brady will play in the NFL.

Do you believe they're not trying to hype the game they're doing that won't even draw a 2 rating and is in an oversized empty stadium?

He said it on camera. They did a one-on-one interview with him.

This is all I’m going to say:

David Sills!

Do you think they would have used an interview with a player projected to go high in the draft saying "Heck no I ain't playing in a bowl game nobody really watches. I am ensuring my financial future and getting ready for the draft."

That's all I'm going to say.

Well that & the players have figured it out. They're tired of risking their health making coaches, ADs, and schools a lot of $$$$ as well as networks. This will become more and more the norm in the next few years and these numerous bowl games are going to have to go away. The playoffs will definitely be expanded then.

He has to play because nobody has ever recognized him. He is on no radar at all. Nobody knows who he is.

He has to play because nobody has ever recognized him. He is on no radar at all. Nobody knows who he is.

1. Brady was a Miami recruit and signee (so, people knew of him).
2. He's going to play in the NFL (ranked #20 WR)
3. He was thankful for a 2nd chance that MU gave him and felt it was his duty to play in the game (Grier should have took a page from that lesson on "second chances")

Reactions: RAK
#20 receiver means 4th to 6th round draft player. Why did he need a 2nd chance? Being ranked 20th WR is no guarantee you play in NFL.

Sills is ranked 9th and he was an ex QB.

#20 receiver means 4th to 6th round draft player. Why did he need a 2nd chance? Being ranked 20th WR is no guarantee you play in NFL.

Sills is ranked 9th and he was an ex QB.

He will be drafted in the second or third (most likely third) round.

NFL scouts don’t watch bowl games?

Who f’ucking knew?

He did himself a favor with a very good game last night. He made some very impressive catches.

Do you realize that espn and its on air & radio employees even have an agenda to continue this charade that there are not waaaaaaay tooooooo many bowl games to create programming, make the network money, and continue to give them jobs for broadcasting games nobody is really watching?

If you answered yes to any of these questions it explains why you continue to beat this dead horse.

The bottom line is you go to college to get a better job and a better financial future. It's why I went to WVU and got 3 engineering degrees. The players sitting out of this exhibition bowl games are accomplishing that by getting ready for the interview of their lives. All have given at least 3 seasons to WVU football. One has given 5 and played the last game or games and wasn't able to even walk right. They all have lottery tickets of some value in their pockets. The lottery office opens next in April to cash them. Why risk losing it?

One other question when DaSean Butler left millions on the floor in Indianapolis with a knee that was ruined, how much did you donate to make up for his loss? Exactly. And that is why Joe Alexander made the absolute right decision by leaving school when he was projected as a NBA lottery pick after only 6 or 7 good games at the end of a season and then went 7th in the draft to the Bucks.

Yeah it's a whole lot easier to make decisions for others when you got not a darn thing invested or nothing to lose.

I wish all those guys well. I hope they make a lot of $$$$$$$ and invest it wisely.
All this has elements of facts and truthful thought. However, why then play in the post season 'select me' games just before the NFL combines where players are REALLY evaluated? Brings the dedication to team and teammates a little more into focus. If it is injury (similar to the Butler situation) then playing ANY game prior to signing an NFL contract offers exactly the same opportunity for career ending injury.

Myself, I never heard of the guy. I'm not a Marshall fan or follower so that could be the main reason. If you think he was that good you would have heard on many different boards and not just in this thread from yesterday. Perhaps it should be on a mini u board.

It seems that there are more folks who believe
Will should play than those who say they support it. It's close. Of course, it's his decision I just happen to disagree with it.

All this has elements of facts and truthful thought. However, why then play in the post season 'select me' games just before the NFL combines where players are REALLY evaluated? Brings the dedication to team and teammates a little more into focus. If it is injury (similar to the Butler situation) then playing ANY game prior to signing an NFL contract offers exactly the same opportunity for career ending injury.

I'm not trying to go quote back and forth cause that is too confrontational for my style.

I will say Joey Bosa at Ohio State is like top NFL projection. When he had a slight tear in his abdomen (I think he's juicing & not just cranberry- haha), he shut it down for the year after like 3-4 game. The reasons are over $15 million in guaranteed $$$$$$$$. I don't blame him for it.

Nick Bosa is his name, and his injury was worse than a "slight tear." Moreover, Nick has some excellent genes, as his father and uncle both played in the NFL, and his brother Joey is an NFL sack artist, so your "juicing" remark is wild speculation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT