ADVERTISEMENT

What peeved me was

alveolus

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jul 10, 2001
The inability to prevent the score with 40 seconds before half. I’ve seen situational lapses from our coaching staff too many times. We rushed 3 on the long pass. Don’t get any pressure and didn’t have a center fielder while only rushing 3. Please don’t say it should have been offensive PI. That’s like leaving your freedom in the hands of a jury. You shouldn’t have to count of the zebras to bail you out. We should’ve had someone over the top to make sure there was a second defender on that pass.

To give the coaches credit they did make some adjustments in the outside run. PSU simply had too much penetration. I commend them for adjusting the blocking and leverage to a little more vertical which helped our HB TE types.

Early on GG had a RPO to his right. Some 300 plus DL running a 4.5 was about to catch him from behind. He got rid of it but the receiver dropped it. It kind of reminded me of the game at Auburn. The game with the rain. Forget who was QB. Brown? He ran to his right and nearly got cremated. From that point on he was quick to get rid of the ball where earlier he was patient and hit Noel on a long wheel. I think that one play altered GG decision making and Coach Browns play calling.

We simply didn’t have enough team speed. I’m starting to wonder if this is what college football is becoming and what we can expect whenever matched up against a BIG or SEC opponent.

Reactions: Orlaco
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.