ADVERTISEMENT

What now?

Bluevalley33

Freshman
Mar 17, 2013
ok I have a lot of mixed feelings after the Zaxby’s Bowl loss. We were missing our feature back, our QB, and came out flat. Defense I thought played like they always do with a bend don’t break and gave up chunks, special teams still an area of need, etc, etc, etc.

What now? What would make you happy to see happen? Nothing (walk away and let the game sink in and regroup next Spring?); Fire someone or make staff changes? Should Dana give an interview and provide more details that last longer than 3 minutes? Should Lyons make some critical statement?

What will make you feel better? At this point I just want to forget about it.

I don't get in the habit of ripping players but, Chuggs was just about as bad as I've ever seen. In total though, it looked like 22 guys playing 22 different games yesterday. Now, if that's on coaching, it's on coaching and it needs fixed immediately. No excuses, no homerism, no BS.

That said, I'm damned proud of Benton, Long, Wellman Jennings and both White bros. They actually looked like they wanted to be there and that is the guys that I feel bad for.

So your question: What now? Where do we go from here? Honestly, who knows? I'm not one of those guys that scream and yell and wants everyone fired but, it needs fixed by any means necessary.

We have a very unique situation next season. Offensively, we are LOADED. Sills and Grier SHOULD get a trip to New York and we SHOULD be a contender for the Big 12 championship but only and only if we can get our ducks in a row and keep our key players healthy (in other words, don't put Grier in a situation where he'll be injured again). Top to bottom, the first string O and D will be as talented as just about anybody in the conference. I hope that we don't have to win on talent alone.

I don't get in the habit of ripping players but, Chuggs was just about as bad as I've ever seen. In total though, it looked like 22 guys playing 22 different games yesterday. Now, if that's on coaching, it's on coaching and it needs fixed immediately. No excuses, no homerism, no BS.

That said, I'm damned proud of Benton, Long, Wellman Jennings and both White bros. They actually looked like they wanted to be there and that is the guys that I feel bad for.

So your question: What now? Where do we go from here? Honestly, who knows? I'm not one of those guys that scream and yell and wants everyone fired but, it needs fixed by any means necessary.

We have a very unique situation next season. Offensively, we are LOADED. Sills and Grier SHOULD get a trip to New York and we SHOULD be a contender for the Big 12 championship but only and only if we can get our ducks in a row and keep our key players healthy (in other words, don't put Grier in a situation where he'll be injured again). Top to bottom, the first string O and D will be as talented as just about anybody in the conference. I hope that we don't have to win on talent alone.

Loaded? Grier is back, and Sills can catch a jump ball (if he pushes off in time). Other than that, where are we "loaded?"

“What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' ****s, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.”
Marsellus Wallace

Reactions: MacMountie
Loaded? Hardly. All year I kept saying we are one injury away (to Grier) from being a bad team. Unfortunately I was right. Entering next year the same scenario stares at us. Hell,one bad thing in preseason practice to Grier and the season gets iffy. Of course, the DH fan club will say the team is loaded because of the incoming recruiting class (of unproven talent.)

Ah...so I see what this thread is. It's not a legit thread, it's just another attempt to down the entire team and coaching staff. Luckily, the ignore feature is up and running well. See you clowns later.

Reactions: ChattanoogaEER
ok I have a lot of mixed feelings after the Zaxby’s Bowl loss. We were missing our feature back, our QB, and came out flat. Defense I thought played like they always do with a bend don’t break and gave up chunks, special teams still an area of need, etc, etc, etc.

What now? What would make you happy to see happen? Nothing (walk away and let the game sink in and regroup next Spring?); Fire someone or make staff changes? Should Dana give an interview and provide more details that last longer than 3 minutes? Should Lyons make some critical statement?

What will make you feel better? At this point I just want to forget about it.

So, the Mountaineers came out flat. Just exactly what does that mean? I guess that means that the Utes didn't come out flat. Right? Whatever that means. I agree. Let's forget about it and get on with basketball. Warez

"What now? What would make you happy to see happen?" for starters i'd like to see us back to playing with an edge...for us to literally not get our asses physically kicked all over the field. i saw one of our backers "rush" the qb...sliding backwards into the backfield and then just stop, with the O lineman standing between him and the qb...wtf? i also saw a d lineman get pushed 10 yards downfield and then get taken down by the O lineman, then our d lineman gets up and raises hell. well maybe you should have raised that same kind of hell 10 yards ago at the line of scrimmage. we are physically weak and not much better mentally. we need to get nasty again...even if we are still a bit undisciplined at least make the mistake at 100 mph trying to kick someone's ass. folks on here stating that the defense didn't play bad blah blah blah....compared to what? our offense? like that's some kind of measuring stick. too many mistakes...we make a habit of totally whiffing on initial contact, like we don't want to tackle anyone. poor fundamentals. didn't we actually drop 9 people at one time into coverage and utah still completed a pass right over the middle??

Reactions: Rootmaster
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT