ADVERTISEMENT

POLL What is YOUR Leftist priority?

What is YOUR Leftist priority for the new Congress?

• Repeal the Trump tax cuts, and increase taxes on the "evil rich", decrease Military funding.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Impeach Trump, remove him from office for lying and "colluding" with Russians to steal Presidency

• Restore ACA's mandate, replace it with single payer healthcare including "pre-exisiting" conditions

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • A "Guaranteed" minimum wage (15.00/hr), and "guaranteed" incomes, even for those who don't work

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Free College tuition for all

• Scrap all trade deals, set up a Global economy based on 100% compliance to climate change rules.

• Ban Conservatives or Christians from ever voting or holding office because they're racists

• Remove all White males from positions of power in business or Government, scrap the Constitution

• Shut down building a border "wall", have "open borders" for anyone seeking a better life in America

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Eliminate all voter I.D. anyone can vote...simply show up and cast your Democrat ballot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

atlkvb

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 9, 2004
With Democrats now set to control the House and the upcoming Legislative agenda, what do you Leftists want to see as their major legislative accomplishment? What did YOU vote for on the Leftist agenda?

Reactions: WVU82
No Leftists favor anything on this proposed legislative agenda? Ya'll want nothing on here? Not even increasing taxes on the "evil rich" and cutting Military spending? So you actually favor making the tax cuts permanent, and increasing funding to our armed forces?o_O

Reactions: lenny4wvu
Actually they can vote for every item on the agenda if they wish. There are no limits to what you can select.

I did that as a courtesy to the Leftists because I understand how tough picking just one of those would be for most of them.

So I'm more interested in seeing which one eventually draws the most votes then we can tell what their true priority is?

I'm not a leftist, but I sure wish they would ban together and take Marijuana off Federal list as a Scheduled 1. This non violent crime is a detriment for all and lives have been destroyed from this prohibition.....And it is very evident that why it is not legal is because it lines the pocket of every Politician with Big Pharma money.....That is a crock of shit

With Democrats now set to control the House and the upcoming Legislative agenda, what do you Leftists want to see as their major legislative accomplishment? What did YOU vote for on the Leftist agenda?
#10 already exist..the YT video of a black ameriAme pollster telling this woman that,this DACA alien doesn't have any ....VALID ID' and that it's ok,for him to vote with his.....DACA card!!!

Reactions: atlkvb

Choices are flawed. Where are the investigations?

A "typical....crickets" when you slap them acroos the face with..."government cheese"... LMFAO!!

It gets funnier the longer it goes without anyone on the Left voting for anything on that agenda. First none of them would tell me why they voted Democrat? So I post their agenda up there and now none of them votes for their own agenda!:joy: Side splitting!

Last edited:
#10 already exist..the YT video of a black ameriAme pollster telling this woman that,this DACA alien doesn't have any ....VALID ID' and that it's ok,for him to vote with his.....DACA card!!!

You notice how no one on the Left complains about any of that? California hands them an application for a driver's license and a voter registration card whether they're legal or not.

"No borders no walls no USA at all"! They were chanting this in front of Tucker Carlson's house last night. They were all Leftists. The kind, patient, tolerant, open minded, peaceful, compassionate, considerate Left.

In order of my personal preference:
  1. Public option for Medicaid to actually compete with private insurance. It's ****ing criminal how much these hospitals charge for basic services and how many people go bankrupt just trying to pay medical bills.
  2. Student loan forgiveness + making community college tuition-free so people can go to places like WVU with their general education credits completed and can focus on their majors only. We cannot move the economy forward with an entire generation - the largest in American history - weighed down by hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt.
  3. Nonpartisan gerrymandering reform commissions. North Carolina & Maryland are the first two states that NEED redistricting.
  4. Carbon tax increase + lower/scrap taxes entirely for companies investing in solar, hydro, wind, and geothermal energy capture.
  5. Restore the Voting Right's Act + include the Democratic machine states like NY & IL that make voting incredibly time consuming & difficult.
  6. I think Trump is doing a good job with ****ing up the GOP's chances in 2020 by himself, so I'd prefer the Dems just let Trump continue his daily diarrhea mouth.

In order of my personal preference:
  1. Public option for Medicaid to actually compete with private insurance. It's ****ing criminal how much these hospitals charge for basic services and how many people go bankrupt just trying to pay medical bills.
  2. Student loan forgiveness + making community college tuition-free so people can go to places like WVU with their general education credits completed and can focus on their majors only. We cannot move the economy forward with an entire generation - the largest in American history - weighed down by hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt.
  3. Nonpartisan gerrymandering reform commissions. North Carolina & Maryland are the first two states that NEED redistricting.
  4. Carbon tax increase + lower/scrap taxes entirely for companies investing in solar, hydro, wind, and geothermal energy capture.
  5. Restore the Voting Right's Act + include the Democratic machine states like NY & IL that make voting incredibly time consuming & difficult.
  6. I think Trump is doing a good job with ****ing up the GOP's chances in 2020 by himself, so I'd prefer the Dems just let Trump continue his daily diarrhea mouth.

Maybe Nancy will listen to you? Sounds like she and the rest of Leadership want to go after Trump on impeachment first.

No amnesty for illegals on your "list"? No stricter gun controls? Abortion on demand? Universal health care?

Sounds like she and the rest of Leadership want to go after Trump on impeachment first.
Does this sound like a Speaker hellbent on impeachment?

No amnesty for illegals on your "list"? No stricter gun controls? Abortion on demand? Universal health care?
I'll take this point by point.
  • I'm fine with keeping DACA protections and would prefer our nation not be aghast when people come here seeking asylum, which we afford to people who need it.
  • The right to an abortion was granted first by a conservative SCOTUS and reaffirmed twice under subsequent conservative-controlled SCOTUS. I think places like Mississippi, Missouri & Texas have made the hoops to jump through to get an abortion too burdensome with ridiculous legislation like "hallway width in the facility."
  • I'm a gun owner myself, so I'd prefer to have a robust discussion as to what people mean by "gun control." I do think it's too easy in many cases to buy guns though.
  • Universal health care would be covered by the "public option" thing I posted above. Don't have private insurance? The public option (aka Medicaid) will automatically cover you.

Does this sound like a Speaker hellbent on impeachment?

I'll take this point by point.
  • I'm fine with keeping DACA protections and would prefer our nation not be aghast when people come here seeking asylum, which we afford to people who need it.
  • The right to an abortion was granted first by a conservative SCOTUS and reaffirmed twice under subsequent conservative-controlled SCOTUS. I think places like Mississippi, Missouri & Texas have made the hoops to jump through to get an abortion too burdensome with ridiculous legislation like "hallway width in the facility."
  • I'm a gun owner myself, so I'd prefer to have a robust discussion as to what people mean by "gun control." I do think it's too easy in many cases to buy guns though.
  • Universal health care would be covered by the "public option" thing I posted above. Don't have private insurance? The public option (aka Medicaid) will automatically cover you.

Good.Good. Pop! Let me ask you if Trump sends a budget over for FY '19 calling for 5% cuts across the board for all Federal agencies...what do you think Nancy will do? Republicans plan on passing legislation during the final weeks of this Congress making the tax cuts permenent. If they do that, will Nancy repeal them? Finally funding for the wall. If it's tied to overall comprehensive immigration reform including citizenship for DACA, does Nancy sign on?

I'm fine with keeping DACA protections and would prefer our nation not be aghast when people come here seeking asylum, which we afford to people who need it.

Do we reward all applicants who want to come here or base admissions on merit?

The right to an abortion was granted first by a conservative SCOTUS and reaffirmed twice under subsequent conservative-controlled SCOTUS.

Does the right to kill unwanted children suprecede their right to Life? If it does, why?

Universal health care would be covered by the "public option" thing I posted above. Don't have private insurance? The public option (aka Medicaid) will automatically cover you.

Would that be cheaper than market based consumer choice, competition from across State lines, and medical savings accounts?

Do we reward all applicants who want to come here or base admissions on merit?
People involved in DACA don't fall into either category as they were brought here as children or adolescents. The only criteria should be: don't break the law & you get to stay.
Does the right to kill unwanted children suprecede their right to Life? If it does, why?
I think bringing any child into this world without the proper support system - which includes one to two supportive parents with the financial means to raise them - is equally cruel. You and I differ where we define life as "beginning." I don't view it at conception, but much later when a fetus is actually viable.
Would that be cheaper than market based consumer choice, competition from across State lines, and medical savings accounts?
Yes. In every circumstance you can slice it Americans pay far more for the same services - with worse health outcomes like life expectancy - than single payer healthcare countries. The ACA, originally built by the Heritage Foundation & put into place by Mitt Romney well before Obama became a household name, was the market-based approach, which we're seeing fail spectacularly. Too many people think "market based approach" to healthcare means finding another insurance plan when in actuality, you either pay up or die.

Good.Good. Pop! Let me ask you if Trump sends a budget over for FY '19 calling for 5% cuts across the board for all Federal agencies...what do you think Nancy will do? Republicans plan on passing legislation during the final weeks of this Congress making the tax cuts permenent. If they do that, will Nancy repeal them? Finally funding for the wall. If it's tied to overall comprehensive immigration reform including citizenship for DACA, does Nancy sign on?
I can tell you what will happen with the same answer: the legislation will stall due to a stalemate between the House & Senate and nothing will get done.

Re: the tax cuts - don't you remember Obama & Pelosi voting to make 98% of the Bush-era tax cuts permanent? It was only 10 years ago.

People involved in DACA don't fall into either category as they were brought here as children or adolescents. The only criteria should be: don't break the law & you get to stay.

I think bringing any child into this world without the proper support system - which includes one to two supportive parents with the financial means to raise them - is equally cruel. You and I differ where we define life as "beginning." I don't view it at conception, but much later when a fetus is actually viable.

Yes. In every circumstance you can slice it Americans pay far more for the same services - with worse health outcomes like life expectancy - than single payer healthcare countries. The ACA, originally built by the Heritage Foundation & put into place by Mitt Romney well before Obama became a household name, was the market-based approach, which we're seeing fail spectacularly. Too many people think "market based approach" to healthcare means finding another insurance plan when in actuality, you either pay up or die.

DACA kids aren't applying for Asylum are they?

So if the circumstances of birth dictate whether a child lives or dies should all kids in all poor countries deserve to be aborted? If it's not human or Alive what else is it?

Consumer-driven choice pays for the insurance of homeowners, automobiles, and even their lives. The government does not subsidize insurance for any of those much needed protections against sudden loss. Why is Health insurance any different? If consumers drive the choices and the costs for their health insurance why would it not be cheaper than the government driving up those costs?

Last edited:
I can tell you what will happen with the same answer: the legislation will stall due to a stalemate between the House & Senate and nothing will get done.

Re: the tax cuts - don't you remember Obama & Pelosi voting to make 98% of the Bush-era tax cuts permanent? It was only 10 years ago.

That DACA deal was offered to Democrats this year and they turned it down. These tax cuts that Trump passed are the largest in American history. Nothing close to what Obama and the Democratic Congress passed back then.

DACA kids aren't applying for Asylum are they?
No. DACA kids are already here and were brought here before they could make a decision of their own choosing. Asylum is granted only at ports of entry under certain circumstances, like fleeing violence like that Honduran caravan.
If it's not human or Alive what else is it?
If you eat eggs in the morning are you eating an aborted chicken? If it's not viable outside of the womb I do not believe a fetus has achieved personhood.
Consumer-driven Choice pays for the insurance of homeowners Automobiles and even their lives.
The difference in cars being, if I can't afford that Mercedes, I could buy a Toyota, take the bus/train, call an Uber, or walk. With healthcare it's: pay up or die.
The government does not subsidized insurance for any of those much needed assets against sudden loss. Why is Health Care any different?
You can live without a car. Hell, you can live without a home too, though it's not a good life. You can't live at all without a functioning heart/liver/kidneys or if you have cancer.

Reactions: Boomboom521
That DACA deal was offered to Democrats this year and they turned it down. These tax cuts that Trump passed are the largest in American history. Nothing close to what Obama and the Democratic Congress passed back then.
It was offered in exchange for an unconstitutional ban (prior to SCOTUS stepping in) of people from Muslim-majority countries. That's not a deal in good faith.

Obama/Pelosi didn't pass tax cuts, they simply made permanent ones enacted by the GWB administration. You were talking about Pelosi rebuking Trump making his own tax cuts permanent, which her voting record indicates isn't the case.

No. DACA kids are already here and were brought here before they could make a decision of their own choosing. Asylum is granted only at ports of entry under certain circumstances, like fleeing violence like that Honduran caravan.
If you eat eggs in the morning are you eating an aborted chicken? If it's not viable outside of the womb I do not believe a fetus has achieved personhood.
The difference in cars being, if I can't afford that Mercedes, I could buy a Toyota, take the bus/train, call an Uber, or walk. With healthcare it's: pay up or die.
You can live without a car. Hell, you can live without a home too, though it's not a good life. You can't live at all without a functioning heart/liver/kidneys or if you have cancer.

So again do we grant Asylum to all who seek it or do we base it strictly on Merit?

Do we eat humans? I simply asked you if it isn't human or Alive what else is it?

Automobiles or houses are not necessities of life but it is difficult to live without them. Gallbladder and open heart surgeries do save lives but they're not always necessary. You purchase insurance to guard against sudden loss of your home or car. In the case of a catastrophic health related event you purchase insurance for that also.

For most routine hospital or doctor visits medical savings accounts driven by consumer choices and lower cost would be more than enough to pay for services desired. Insurance wouldn't be needed to cover those expenses. Particularly if those services were driven by what people could actually afford or choose to purchase.

It was offered in exchange for an unconstitutional ban (prior to SCOTUS stepping in) of people from Muslim-majority countries. That's not a deal in good faith.

Obama/Pelosi didn't pass tax cuts, they simply made permanent ones enacted by the GWB administration. You were talking about Pelosi rebuking Trump making his own tax cuts permanent, which her voting record indicates isn't the case.

Our immigration policy right now is not limited to Muslim only countries. Trump added exceptions for those countries that have declared open war against us in the form of state-sponsored terrorism.

None of the Democrats voted for the current version of tax cuts. My question simply was if those tax cuts are made permanent what will Nancy in the Democrats do once they take over? Leave them in place or try to repeal them?

So again do we grant Asylum to all who seek it or do we base it strictly on Merit?
Asylum isn't a merit-based status and is by definition afforded to those who need it.
Do we eat humans? I simply asked you if it isn't human or Alive what else is it?
I don't think early term fetuses have achieved personhood, so if "alive" and "not alive" are my only two choices, I fall into the latter group.
Automobiles or houses are not necessities of life but it is difficult to live without them. Gallbladder and open heart surgeries do save lives but they're not always necessary.
Difficult? Yes. Impossible? No. It's impossible to live without a functioning heart.
medical savings accounts
Those are a canard to cut medical spending to the bone. Once those are up people are left doing what they're doing now - begging strangers to help with their medical bills on GoFundMe before they die.

Reactions: Boomboom521
None of the Democrats voted for the current version of tax cuts. My question simply was if those tax cuts are made permanent what will Nancy in the Democrats do once they take over? Leave them in place or try to repeal them?
I don't think any substantial pieces of legislation get passed in the next two years. We'll name a lot of post offices, though!

You don't use your auto insurance for a flat tire. You shouldn't use your health insurance for a routine physical or check up from the doctor or even a lot of routine operations.

I don't think any substantial pieces of legislation get passed in the next two years. We'll name a lot of post offices, though!

I happen to agree with you on this one although I think in the case of judicial appointments over in the Senate we are likely to see a lot more activity.

I can also envision Trump baiting the Democrats in the house by sending spending proposals that they will never pass and blaming them for the fact they're not passing!

You don't use your auto insurance for a flat tire. You shouldn't use your health insurance for a routine physical or check up from the doctor or even a lot of routine operations.
Routine medical care like physicals and blood screens aren't the primary drivers of inflated medical costs though.

I happen to agree with you on this one although I think in the case of judicial appointments over in the Senate we are likely to see a lot more activity.
Trump/Senate GOP will absolutely confirm as many judges as they can from now until 2020. Without question.

Reactions: atlkvb
Routine medical care like physicals and blood screens aren't the primary drivers of inflated medical costs though.

That's true but the use of insurance to pay for those Services is what's driving up the cost of buying health insurance. People are using their insurance to pay for things that could be more easily affordable if they were driving the costs of those needed services.

Hospitals have no incentive to offer lower prices if they know an insurance company will pay their inflated costs. Consumers paying for those Services as they would for maintenance on their homes or their cars would bring competitive pressures to the healthcare delivery providers and force them to lower prices in order to stay in business.

Competition works when we purchase food or furniture or clothing or automobiles or any other essential service that we need in order to live better lives. Healthcare should be driven by the same factors that drive prices on those other needed services.

Low-cost high-deductible catastrophic health insurance instruments should be available to pay for sudden or expensive needed emergency Health Care Services. If a window breaks in your home you don't necessarily use your homeowners insurance to fix that. If the roof blows off your house then you indeed utilize your homeowners insurance to repair that much of a sudden loss.

Same thing with a sudden or debilitating illness.
You don't use your health insurance if you simply catch a cold or need to go in to have a routine appendectomy.

You would access your health insurance for open heart surgery or cancer treatment. Consumers armed with their own purchasing power and selecting among competing providers for healthcare delivery services are what drive costs down on other routine procedures. Lowering the demand for insurance companies to pay claims, and increase in premiums for other insurereds to recover those losses.

Last edited:
Trump/Senate GOP will absolutely confirm as many judges as they can from now until 2020. Without question.

Agreed. That's why he concentrated on helping to win those Senate races.

I don't think early term fetuses have achieved personhood, so if "alive" and "not alive" are my only two choices, I fall into the latter group.

The vast majority of choice abortions are done well after the early gestation stages of a fetus' development when the baby is totally capable of living without the protection of the Mother's womb. In most cases women are not even aware that they are pregnant until at least 6 to 8 weeks into the pregnancy. At that point the fetus most certainly is "viable" although further development is required for it to live successfully outside of the womb.

So if it isn't viable and it isn't alive at that point, why do you have to kill it in order to abort it?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT