ADVERTISEMENT

What if...... What if you were TCU this weekend, what would be your plan to attack WVU?

LSUeer

All-Conference
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Since this board is essentially the retired Division I Head Coaches lounge, Id like to hear how each of our former National Champion HC's would attack WVU this weekend. Ill go first.

On film, WVU has poor downfield coverage and over play's zone. WVU rarely is in man, but when they are, they are bringing pressure and trying to rush throws. The DL is the strength of the defense. The defense is multiple, moving from a 3 man front to walking a OLB (Bartlett) down to create an even front and disguise pressure and coverage.

I believe TCU will slant, screen and drag the zone to death, taking advantage of the overly aggressive play in the secondary and LB positions. This will ultimately end with fewer blitzes as the S and LB's will need to stay back and cover zones. Herein brings the crux of the game into focus. TCU will then be able to run against the 3 or 4 man front for 1st downs in critical situations. I have this as a mid-range Big 12 game (25/35 pts for the winner) with the winner doing so by +10 points.

Reactions: EerNearClemson
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News