ADVERTISEMENT

What I learned from this bowl game:

raninab

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
1. Allison, Israel and Lowe will get a heck of a shot at the backup QB job. Chugs is not the man.
2. Wickline and McKivitz held their own today. Hardy, Lingafelter and Jones got their butts
whipped most of the day. Actual Competition in the spring? I sure hope so.
3. Where was any variety in our play calling? Spav has been a disappointment all year.
4. Mike Daniels has a lot of work to do at CB. I sure hope we can find a couple more CB's.
5. I sure hope Sinkfield or Leddie Brown bring some speed to our Off. backfield. I know there
wasn't a lot of room to run today but we sure looked slow in the backfield and what's up
with Pettaway? I wonder why we didn't try to run wide.
6. Will we give our #2 QB more reps next year to hopefully not go through something like the
end of this year?
7. Will we go to a 4 man front next year to hopefully get a pass rush? We'll have 14 d-linemen
on scholarship. 4-2-5 maybe.
8. Jovanni Stewart, Robinson, Avery, Pitts and Askew-Henry will make the safety position
strong next year. Askew-Henry might be our 5th best safety. Cornerback???????
9. We've got a lot of guys coming back on both sides of the ball and that could be part of the
problem. Every coach always says every position is open in the spring. I hope we mean it
this year. I think we could be pretty good next year if can develop in the spring and not pay
lip service to it. That goes for coaches and players.
10. I know, I know, I'm stating the obvious but I think its true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News