ADVERTISEMENT

What do you all think about the new Gillette ad?

Yeah women want a real push over ..wtf is toxic masculinity? Yes boys will be boys , we are very much equal in the way that both sexes are needed equally to make the world go around, but we are totally different in our make up ....

google it.....lots of man bashing

didn't see it on Fox...saw it on the internet......nice try though...I have netflix just to watch The Joy of Painting
As lame as the Joy of Painting sounds, it sounds better than getting worked up over an ad.

Holy Cow! Standing up against bullying and misogyny gets you upset? Maybe we are talking about different commercials?

I love Terry Crews.

Speaking only for myself, I can't understand why anyone would give two shits about it either way......

Reactions: WVUCOOPER
To me it was trying to say guys shouldn't be guys ....not going to stop me from using there products..
No im not a woman basher, not intimidated by powerful women, i think thwy are sexy , but to down play a man roll in life is juat as wrong as down playing a women's

It's callous! It's brazen! It's ludicrous! It's horrendous!

P&G is a competitor in another arena. Any pain for them makes my bonus bigger.

Reactions: WVU82
You “men” are sadly weakened by the rigidity of thinking and viewing the world through one perspective. There was no “man bashing” in that commercial at all.

To me it was trying to say guys shouldn't be guys ....not going to stop me from using there products..
No im not a woman basher, not intimidated by powerful women, i think thwy are sexy , but to down play a man roll in life is juat as wrong as down playing a women's
How did it downplay a man’s role in life?

How did it downplay a man’s role in life?
Guess wrong wording....downplaying our natural way of being....not talking about the bullies or the like ...boys will be boys ...we will fight as kids , we will jump off the wood shed , we will act like idiot's around women ...& we will be competitive...we will stare at a nice ass or big beautiful boobies ....as long as we aren't disrespecting ladies in the process

.we will stare at a nice ass or big beautiful boobies
tenor.gif

Guess wrong wording....downplaying our natural way of being....not talking about the bullies or the like ...boys will be boys ...we will fight as kids , we will jump off the wood shed , we will act like idiot's around women ...& we will be competitive...we will stare at a nice ass or big beautiful boobies ....as long as we aren't disrespecting ladies in the process
I don’t think it’s about shaming those acts, but rather teaching/learning behavior that both embraces our testosterone inspired braveness and sense of adventure, but also balances that out with a dose of respect and understanding of a larger community.

No different than what my father taught me. Less about the surface chivalry (such as pulling out a lady’s chair) and more about seeking true partnership in romantic relationships.......less about dominating the neighborhood boys as the alpha, and more about combining strength with others. It’s adaptation and evolution of social structures and of the mind. It’s not as bad as you see it to be, imo.

Having respect & chivalry is key to any relationship, but trying to make us all the same is wrong, we are different by nature, men & women have different strengths & weaknesses .....we need each other to make a "whole" but if we both do the same things then we are only 2 halves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT