ADVERTISEMENT

What division do you want WVU in?

It matters in terms of winning a conference championship.

If WVUs "division" means beating all of UT, Tech, Baylor and TCU every year plus a certain number of other division foes- that is a pretty tough task.

What if the Big 12 had been able to add FSU and Clemson when it was possible? Then look at your conference schedule. You may as well play Alabama and Ohio State as OOC games too!

I was being facetious, Bobby! Who could play a schedule like that? That was for those who only want to add teams that 'add value' to the conference. In other words, currently better than WVU.

Problematic on many fronts. First--how do you know a team good last year will be good the next?

There is really little benefit to even breaking into divisions at all, let alone trying to guess who will be great year to year and then trying to toss together schedules at the last minute.

Obviously the membership can't even make a decision on what divisions to have.

Buck, Why are you in such a hurry? It wan't even until last week they decided to have a CCG with 10 teams.

1. The BIG12 has to decided if they want to split into divisions or play 1 vs 2
2. Expansion is still not off the table for 2017.
3. This should not be a rushed decision. Even without expansion the BIG12 has at least 6 months before they need make their final plans for CCG.
And last, there is at least one reason I can think of to split into divisions. To insure that teams playing in the CCG at least played the previous game early in the season, and not have a CCG where the teams just played 1 or 2 weeks prior.

It matters in terms of winning a conference championship.

If WVUs "division" means beating all of UT, Tech, Baylor and TCU every year plus a certain number of other division foes- that is a pretty tough task.
You took my post way out of context. I did not say it did not matter based on who is in the CCG. The post I responded to stated the following
"Texas schools aren't breaking up, and neither are Kansas State/Kansas and Oklahoma State/Oklahoma. The only two that can be moved around is Iowa State and WVU."

My point is the Texas schools don't give a crap if they are put into different conferences because they still have to play each other. The same holds true for KSU/KU, as well as OSU/OK

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT