ADVERTISEMENT

What a difference a year makes.

Mntneer

Heisman Winner
Oct 8, 2001
Last year our group was the first to stay at the Greenbrier after the floods. It shocked me at the devastation that area saw, the debris in the creek beds, the condition of the course.

They've done a great job in turning it all around. The revamped "Meadows" course is pretty good, and the "Old White" course is in phenomenal condition.

Last year our group was the first to stay at the Greenbrier after the floods. It shocked me at the devastation that area saw, the debris in the creek beds, the condition of the course.

They've done a great job in turning it all around. The revamped "Meadows" course is pretty good, and the "Old White" course is in phenomenal condition.
Great to hear! Best resort in WV, imo

Is the Meadows still just 12 holes?

Is the Meadows still just 12 holes?

No, it's a full 18 now. They've "added" a few, modified a number of others. Going from Par 5's to Par 4's, 4's to 3's, etc. They still have some work to do to clean up the surrounding areas around the course, and they're putting in more houses throughout the course, so it's a bit of a mess in places. Also, I think they're working on "The Greenbrier" course as well.

No, it's a full 18 now. They've "added" a few, modified a number of others. Going from Par 5's to Par 4's, 4's to 3's, etc. They still have some work to do to clean up the surrounding areas around the course, and they're putting in more houses throughout the course, so it's a bit of a mess in places. Also, I think they're working on "The Greenbrier" course as well.
Phil said he would be re-designing 6 holes and I never caught what course it was, but assumed it would be the Meadows. Maybe they are using something temporary?

Phil said he would be re-designing 6 holes and I never caught what course it was, but assumed it would be the Meadows. Maybe they are using something temporary?

It might have been the Meadows. For example, the 18th hole is all new, and a real bitch. 250 dog leg left to a pond, 100 yards to carry the pond, traps all around the green. So someone put thought into that bastard.

Reactions: WVUCOOPER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT