ADVERTISEMENT

West Virginia's Biggest Offseason Question Mark

It's gotta be Skyler. If he improves, this offense is going to be really good. I know we lose Wendell, but our receivers are going to improve a lot with or with our Durante, and they will be working behind a solid OL.

It's gotta be Skyler. If he improves, this offense is going to be really good. I know we lose Wendell, but our receivers are going to improve a lot with or with our Durante, and they will be working behind a solid OL.

Yea... ...couldn't possibly be defense.

Yea... ...couldn't possibly be defense.

Our DL is going to be good, LBs have the talent. CB is the weak spot but with Dravon and J. Tyler back at S hopefully they can make the secondary decent.

Luckily, there are only 4 good QBs that we face in the Big 12 ( Mayfield, Russell, Rudolph, and Mahommes) and we get 2 of them at home. It's questionable if Rudolph is even good.

Our DL is going to be good, LBs have the talent. CB is the weak spot but with Dravon and J. Tyler back at S hopefully they can make the secondary decent.

Luckily, there are only 4 good QBs that we face in the Big 12 ( Mayfield, Russell, Rudolph, and Mahommes) and we get 2 of them at home. It's questionable if Rudolph is even good.

We're going to get raped thru the air.

You know it.

And a 54% completion ratio. With an average of one pick six for every game. It's just the way it is in Holgorsen's final year. He chose it, he can live with it.

I was being facetious about the pick six. Hopefully Howard will be much better with his reads and plant his feet before throwing. His numbers against conference foes were not good at all, with four games under 50%. My agenda is for him to be much improved and WVU to win the games they can and should win. I'm pushing the hell out of it.

How will young and inexperienced DBs plus a young and inexperienced DB coach add up? This is actually very concerning to me and I'm not sure the group has exactly turned any heads. This could be a serious problem especially in a conference like the Big12.

I'm skeptical, but it certainly avoided any chance of a QB 'controversy'. Howard had an excellent day minus one play.

We have WR's for days. White and Durante weren't there and we still had WR's making plays everywhere.

Add Durante, White, and Smothers too Gibson, Shorts, Jennings, Simms, Sills, Rogers, Mathis and we have the deepest WR corp in the country.

Reactions: lenny4wvu

Damn near prophetic! Wish Chugs could have been in the mix, though. Maybe it's better he wasn't.

Insinuating, Waterboy? Nah, I'm suggesting. It probably didn't happen but it would not shock me. But I gotta give the devil his due. Howard was very good except for one play and hey, how about the new kid Cody Saunders? Wow! And Crest may not be very good at passing but that kid can run! To address one of your points, the receivers may be the best group in the nation this fall. There may be five outside guys who could start. And only one dropped pass that should have been caught. I'm impressed! I don't insuate anything, I say what I think. Kind of like BobbyBoucheer!

One more thing I forgot about: Marcus Simms is going to be special!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT