ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM West Virginia uses complete effort to beat No. 3 Kansas

If we play like we did last night the rest of the season we are gonna wins some games down the stretch. Would be nice to go on a little run off the win last night.

If we play like we did last night the rest of the season we are gonna wins some games down the stretch. Would be nice to go on a little run off the win last night.
I believe it was only you and me on this board in November and December saying we could pull some upsets as the players needed to learn to play as a team. We've seen it twice now. Others were predicting 0-18 in conference play and even worse comments. We will see some more wins but also see some losses. Hopefully no more like Oklahoma as that was the worst game of the year in my book.

Reactions: locustwv
1983 defeated #1 UNLV... 2007 #2 UCLA...this is a big one...albeit our records the other years were much better

S
1983 defeated #1 UNLV... 2007 #2 UCLA...this is a big one...albeit our records the other years were much better
Stayed up overnight as a student waiting in line for my usual seat in the third row for the UNLV win. There are many great wins I witnessed from early 70's through 1986 at the Coliseum as I went to almost every home game. My greatest was against Notre Dame in 1977. They had a great team and highly ranked. Still have the ticket stub.

Texas no longer ranked. So according to board of experts it's only a win over #3 Kansas. WVU is 7-5 at home vs Kansas.

Beat #1 - Kansas, Baylor, North Carolina
Beat #2 - Kentucky, Kansas, Ohio State
Beat #3 - Villanova (on the road), Kansas

Eilert a great win doesn't make him automatically the next HC. Put together a great finish and some big road wins in Big 12 and he probably gets it. But then again Gee has a problem with decision making so you never know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT