ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM West Virginia must embrace the role of the aggressor

I fully agree. We started the game soft and intimidated based on their size and aggressiveness on defense. UCF set the tone and credit to them. It was just the opposite against Kansas. I realized Harris didn't play against KU but he made a difference on the inside and he made some shots yesterday which was a bonus but by the time he was making shots, the game was almost decided and it would have taken a miracle to win.

I know fans like to complain about the refs but that isn't what lost the game. Contrary to what some believe, we are limited in talent as a complete team. We have to play harder against the opponent and be better on the physical end on the game meaning setting picks, blocking out, eliminating easy drives and bodying up on defense with double downs on the block when the opposing player posts. And if we don't eliminate the stupid turnovers that are not necessarily caused by the defense, well........it is just giving points away.

Last edited:
Reactions: WVUALLEN
I fully agree. We started the game soft and intimidated based on their size and aggressiveness on defense. UCF set the tone and credit to them. It was just the opposite against Kansas. I realized Harris didn't play against KU but he made a difference on the inside and he made some shots yesterday which was a bonus but by the time he was making shots, the game was almost decided and it would have taken a miracle to win.

I know fans like to complain about the refs but that isn't what lost the game. Contrary to what some believe, we are limited in talent as a complete team. We have to play harder against the opponent and be better on the physical end on the game meaning setting picks, blocking out, eliminating easy drives and bodying up on defense with double downs on the block when the opposing player posts. And if we don't eliminate the stupid turnovers that are not necessarily caused by the defense, well........it is just giving points away.
I don’t blame the refs insofar that they let UCF play football against us all game and we didn’t adjust. That’s on us. Learning opportunity for the staff and players.

Reactions: WVUALLEN and WVUBRU

Do you realize that when WV loses and you make a statement about "the refs...isn't what lost the game" you are going against the tried and true company line? I thought all WV losses were caused by the refs. And before you reply "What about Marshall?" that's a whole other story. We can't seem to win many games even when the refs are on our side.

Do you realize that when WV loses and you make a statement about "the refs...isn't what lost the game" you are going against the tried and true company line? I thought all WV losses were caused by the refs. And before you reply "What about Marshall?" that's a whole other story. We can't seem to win many games even when the refs are on our side.
Shouldn't you be whining about Marshall on your own board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT