ADVERTISEMENT

Well the defense just bailed Dana out of the

We won. We're unbeaten. Not many teams can say that.

Serious problems with kicking game, so much so that we pooch kicked the last 2 kickoffs.

Defense hot and cold, but twice saved our ass when it counted the most.

Orlosky was pissed at Skylar on that fumble.

BYU had more yards and more first downs than WVU, but turnover margin favored WVU by 2, and that won the game.

The defense made a couple good plays.

The last interception was a good defense play. The one before that was luck...but that's ball.

White's drop was big.

The 4 & 1 in the Pistol drove me nuts. That's on Dana, terrible call.

Dana has to quit telling White to drop a pass on the numbers and seriously call a cluster snap from the 3. Shoulda won by 10 easily but it's on the players not Dana. Some of you are just too stupid to not allow your hatred for all things Dana to see what happened.
Good win. Now take our 3-0 record on to Big 12 play.

The defense giveth and the defense taketh. BYU came in ave. 339 ypg. and 17ppg. The D gave up 521 yards, 27fds and 2-100yd rushers. The 3 picks saved our asses.

We won! There were enough mistakes to go around for everyone. For the most part, the offense moved the ball well except for Dana calling for his wide receiver to drop a first down reception and a botched snap when he could have iced the game. The defense was pushed around but never quit. There have been some crazy happenings in college football this season. In spite of the mistakes, we are 3-0 headed into B-12 play. We should enjoy it while we can.

You have to time the post. I made that after our first interception which came after we ran Howard up the middle on 4th down on perhaps the slowest developing play ever. All Dana there.

Reactions: GoWVU
We won. We're unbeaten. Not many teams can say that.

Serious problems with kicking game, so much so that we pooch kicked the last 2 kickoffs.

Defense hot and cold, but twice saved our ass when it counted the most.

Orlosky was pissed at Skylar on that fumble.

BYU had more yards and more first downs than WVU, but turnover margin favored WVU by 2, and that won the game.

He can be pissed all he wants. It was Orlosky fault.

Pick another team...sick of your sorry ass...

squirrel-raids-park-trash-can-4.jpg

He can be pissed all he wants. It was Orlosky fault.

No idea why DH is running shotgun at the 2 with game 99% in hand, or why there is a possibility of an audible. Get under center, hand if off 3 times, we get in its over, if we don't get in they have to score a TD with no timeouts in about a minute, a massive task for most college teams who don't have big armed NFL QBs going against 8 DBs

Reactions: GoWVU
Take the win and move on. It could've just as easily been a loss. Offense, Defense, Special Team all had their ups and downs. If Dana is responsible for the failures, then he is also responsible when they succeed. They won. In five years, that is all that will be remembered.

Reactions: WVU80ate
Dana is wired to lose. Glad we have Gibson though
I would normally agree with you but on Saturday the offense looked a lot better than the defense did for most of the game. A couple of opportunistic turnovers covered over what was otherwise a very poor performance by the defense. BYU moved the ball at will most of the time and only a poor decision by their QB at the end of the game prevented a loss. Our offense, with the exception of the fumbled snap, looked very good for most of the game. The game plan was solid and when executed, looked great.

I've been very impressed by the man from Van, DC Tony Gibson.

You mean the guy that is the position coach of the worst group on defense? Our 5 LB's that played against BYU had a total of 13 tackles for the game of which only 3 were solo tackles. No solo tackles from our MLB Benton. That Coach Gibson?

dumbest damn call I've seen this year....anywhere.
You managed to send a post that makes the call (which, really, it was nothing more than a mix up between two players) look like a proclamation by Albert Einstein (if you don't recognize the name, look it up on the internet, presuming you have a third grader in the house to lead the effort.)

You mean the guy that is the position coach of the worst group on defense? Our 5 LB's that played against BYU had a total of 13 tackles for the game of which only 3 were solo tackles. No solo tackles from our MLB Benton. That Coach Gibson?

This will likely be the "barest" cupboard we have on defense for a while. Lots of new parts. Green 2nd team DL. Personnel-wise, this is the worst group we've had since 2012...and that's saying a lot.

I like Gibson's approach. I think he wants to blitz more, but he doesn't (and shouldn't) trust this group of CBs being 1 on 1 with a WR. At some point (not this week), he will have to bring it and pray we get there quick enough for a sack or a bad throw/INT. That is about as good as we're going to get this season on defense. Losing Worley was a friggin killer.

This will likely be the "barest" cupboard we have on defense for a while. Lots of new parts. Green 2nd team DL. Personnel-wise, this is the worst group we've had since 2012...and that's saying a lot.

I like Gibson's approach. I think he wants to blitz more, but he doesn't (and shouldn't) trust this group of CBs being 1 on 1 with a WR. At some point (not this week), he will have to bring it and pray we get there quick enough for a sack or a bad throw/INT. That is about as good as we're going to get this season on defense. Losing Worley was a friggin killer.
Correct about Worley. But, losing Askew-Henry and Ferns have hurt pretty badly. Henry may have ben able to cover up for some of the Worley loss, especially by allowing Tyler to also be in the backfield at the same time.

You managed to send a post that makes the call (which, really, it was nothing more than a mix up between two players) look like a proclamation by Albert Einstein (if you don't recognize the name, look it up on the internet, presuming you have a third grader in the house to lead the effort.)

Damn, son....did you even read this thread? I posted this well before that fumble, which was (IMO) on the QB for signaling a snap and not being aware of the ball coming.

I wrote this after the INT that bailed out that God awful, 10 seconds to develop, QB "sneak" from a shotgun snap on 4th and inches when everyone on the team was already in the back field and had baked a cake by the time he got close to the line of scrimmage.

Reading is fundamental. Try it sometime.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT