ADVERTISEMENT

Well boys and girls, that was historic

coalcountry52

Heisman Winner
Oct 26, 2004
The Revolution
Regardless of what we do the rest of this Regional, we won and won big out of the gate. In 1996 (our last Regional), we started 2-0 only to lose the last 2 games to Tennesee and Clemson to be eliminated. Granted, Regionals then had 6 teams in them, and if we get 2-0, we're one win away from Super Regionals this time around.

Let's bask in it for now, but tomorrow we have likely a very tough game against Wake Forest (I assume they dispatch UMBC easily tonight). With this win, we are now one of 48 survivors. Another win, and we'll be in the list of 32 remaining, not to mention the Regional final. I assume Kearns will be on the mound tomorrow, and we'll need him in Baylor game form to keep up. Mazey went for broke throwing Myers in relief of Manoah, but his count was low enough I think we see him again Sunday. Manoah likely starts the Sunday game unless Mazey feels better with Strowd. Sunday will greatly depend on if we are facing elimination or Super Regional. Tomorrow, a mix of Kearns, Troutt, Sigman, and Zarbs is who I see working for us in hopefully another Mountaineer win. We're likely facing the home team, so expect a dogfight.

LGM!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News