ADVERTISEMENT

Way too early BPI.......

old buzzard

All-Conference
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2005
I've always said that this type of poll months before the regular season starts are pointless, so take it for what it's worth.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ulldogs-lead-espn-college-basketball-bpi-2018

Of note to regular posters on this forum -

WVU #5 with the 14th rated offense and the 4th rated defense
Marshall #76 with the 44th ranked offense and the 161st rated defense

And for tOFUgrab, Ahia State #82 with the 115th ranked offense and 54th ranked defense.

Those numbers will surely change as the season gets underway, but the one thing it does show is the amount of respect each program is getting before the season even starts.

Last edited:
I've always said that this type of poll months before the regular season starts are pointless, so take it for what it's worth.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ulldogs-lead-espn-college-basketball-bpi-2018

Of note to regular posters on this forum -

WVU #5 with the 14th rated offense and the 4th rated defense
Marshall #76 with the 44th ranked offense and the 161st rated defense

And for tOFUgrab, Ahia State #82 with the 115th ranked offense and 54th ranked defense.

Those numbers will surely change as the season gets underway, but the one thing it does show is the amount of respect each program is getting before the season even starts.
Please concentrate on UT...not the hoop Vols either who come in at# 3 in this joke of a poll!

Please concentrate on UT...not the hoop Vols either who come in at# 3 in this joke of a poll!

As if anything I concentrated on would have anything to do with the outcome of a game. That kind of thought train is for stupidsticious people...........

Preseason BPI???

[laughing]

If you had any reading comprehension skills about you, you would have seen in my original post that I said that pre-season polls are meaningless, other than showing the amount of respect that certain programs are getting, and that those numbers will change once the season gets underway. I'm surprised that a big time downtown Charleston lawyer like yourself missed so many details in what I posted.

As if anything I concentrated on would have anything to do with the outcome of a game. That kind of thought train is for stupidsticious people...........
You got lost last season in MU recruiting rankings and I repeatedly asked you to concentrate on Utah but you wouldn't have any of it....result a crushing defeat at the hands of the mighty Utes. Just saying!

You got lost last season in MU recruiting rankings and I repeatedly asked you to concentrate on Utah but you wouldn't have any of it....result a crushing defeat at the hands of the mighty Utes. Just saying!

You keep on with your superstitions if it makes you feel good. I will just sit back and watch my team and their fortunes or misfortunes play out on the field and on the court. My wishes or whatever I do or don't concentrate on have nothing to do with the outcome of those games.........sorry if you believe in that kind of thing.

Last edited:
You keep on with your superstitions if it makes you feel good. I will just sit back and watch my team and their fortunes of misfortunes play out on the field or on the court. My wishes or whatever I do or don't concentrate on have nothing to do with the outcome of those games.........sorry if you believe in that kind of thing.
Your football team played like they too were more concerned with MU's football class rankings than their own performance on the gridiron! The obsession with Marshall only holds the Mounties back!

Your football team played like they too were more concerned with MU's football class rankings than their own performance on the gridiron! The obsession with Marshall only holds the Mounties back!

Our football team toward the end of the season played like they had lost their starting QB, a future Heisman candidate. I doubt that any WVU football players are the least bit concerned about Marshall...........in fact most of them have probably never heard of the Herd, or even know what state Marshall is in unless they grew up in WV. And our basketball team last year proved how many worlds apart WVU and Marshall are on the hardwood.

If you had any reading comprehension skills about you, you would have seen in my original post that I said that pre-season polls are meaningless, other than showing the amount of respect that certain programs are getting, and that those numbers will change once the season gets underway. I'm surprised that a big time downtown Charleston lawyer like yourself missed so many details in what I posted.
If you agree that the BPI is meaningless, then why have you started a thread about it? (By the way, the BPI isn't a poll at all; it's even less meaningful than a poll.) Because you'll avoid the question, I will answer it for you: You're desperate for validation of Fold & Blew athletics.

Our football team toward the end of the season played like they had lost their starting QB, a future Heisman candidate. I doubt that any WVU football players are the least bit concerned about Marshall...........in fact most of them have probably never heard of the Herd, or even know what state Marshall is in unless they grew up in WV. And our basketball team last year proved how many worlds apart WVU and Marshall are on the hardwood.
PEDS boy wasn't a Heisman candidate when he crumbled vs. Texas. You're revising history. Nice try, though.

If you agree that the BPI is meaningless, then why have you started a thread about it? (By the way, the BPI isn't a poll at all; it's even less meaningful than a poll.) Because you'll avoid the question, I will answer it for you: You're desperate for validation of Fold & Blew athletics.
And you keep coming to a board where no one wants you because you are desperate for validation of yourself.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
If you agree that the BPI is meaningless, then why have you started a thread about it?........

You obviously have your feathers ruffled because little ole Marshall is getting more pre-season respect than your Buckeyes. And furthermore, I said in my original post that opinion polls at this point are pretty much worthless and that the BPI will evolve as the season gets started. Surprising that a top notch lawyer like yourself can't comprehend the little details in what people say............

And you keep coming to a board where no one wants you because you are desperate for validation of yourself.
Yeah, nobody wants me here, but here you are, like about six others, hanging on my every post. If I didn't post here, then this board would shut down, due to inactivity. #Fact

Yeah, nobody wants me here, but here you are, like about six others, hanging on my every post. If I didn't post here, then this board would shut down, due to inactivity. #Fact
I don't hang on your every post. Your posts are stupid, immature and just plain silly. The board would be better off without you.

Reactions: old buzzard
You obviously have your feathers ruffled because little ole Marshall is getting more pre-season respect than your Buckeyes. And furthermore, I said in my original post that opinion polls at this point are pretty much worthless and that the BPI will evolve as the season gets started. Surprising that a top notch lawyer like yourself can't comprehend the little details in what people say............
You have some insane jealousy of lawyers, don't you, Gomer? Stick to the topic of your own thread. You're foolishly talking about "respect." Who exactly is BPI? Is he some hill jack in rural West Virginia like you?

[laughing]

You have some insane jealousy of lawyers, don't you, Gomer? Stick to the topic of your own thread. You're foolishly talking about "respect." Who exactly is BPI? Is he some hill jack in rural West Virginia like you?

[laughing]

You know full well what the BPI is all about, and without a doubt if Ahia State was poised up near the top of it, instead of being ranked below lowly Marshall, you would be here spouting off about it.

Last edited:
Yes, WVU was better that night...but that doesn't prove they're better this year....how about a game in Charleston like we had for 30 year straight until Huggy got his nose out of joint!?

You know full well what the BPI is all about, and without a doubt if Ahia State was poised up near the top of it, instead of being ranked below lowly Marshall, you would be here spouting off about it.
What I want to know is what have you done today to insure victory (- 9) over the hapless Tennessee Vols? Hoops BPI is meaningless as you pointed out but covering the spread has tangible value!

Wrong again, Buzzkill. I have no idea what criteria is used in the BPI, which is some ESPiN fabrication, about which nobody outside of the Big 12 cares. I do know something about the RPI, though, and Ohio State finished higher in it than WVU did last season, despite having a brand new coach. Perhaps, we'll crown tHuggs' fat a$$ for having a No. 5 preseason ranking in some meaningless formula; will that make you happy? Probably not, as Kansas, your daddy, is No. 1, and preseason BPI champions!

[roll]

Wrong again, Buzzkill. I have no idea what criteria is used in the BPI, which is some ESPiN fabrication, about which nobody outside of the Big 12 cares. I do know something about the RPI, though, and Ohio State finished higher in it than WVU did last season, despite having a brand new coach. Perhaps, we'll crown tHuggs' fat a$$ for having a No. 5 preseason ranking in some meaningless formula; will that make you happy? Probably not, as Kansas, your daddy, is No. 1, and preseason BPI champions!

[roll]
That nonsense had the Vols at # 3....I quit reading after I saw that foolishness!

What I want to know is what have you done today to insure victory (- 9) over the hapless Tennessee Vols? Hoops BPI is meaningless as you pointed out but covering the spread has tangible value!

You'd be best advised to keep your money in your pocket instead of betting on point spreads. Vegas was built with money from people who thought they were smarter than the bookies.

You'd be best advised to keep your money in your pocket instead of betting on point spreads. Vegas was built with money from people who thought they were smarter than the bookies.
Points spreads are not Vegas's prediction of the outcome of a game, they are an attempt to insure the betting public bets an equal amount of money on both contestants in particular football contest. Vegas makes a sure 10% if that happens with no downside risk!

Points spreads are not Vegas's prediction of the outcome of a game, they are an attempt to insure the betting public bets an equal amount of money on both contestants in particular football contest. Vegas makes a sure 10% if that happens with no downside risk!

I've got a little business proposition to offer you Tony. This year, instead of you placing bets on the outcome of football games, and taking your chances with the point spreads, just send me the amount you were going to bet. Do that with every bet you even think about placing all football season long. Here's the payoff part for you - after the season is all played out, I will send you back exactly half, and keep the other half for myself. That's a better return than you will get trying to outsmart the bookies. and we will both be money ahead.

I've got a little business proposition to offer you Tony. This year, instead of you placing bets on the outcome of football games, and taking your chances with the point spreads, just send me the amount you were going to bet. Do that with every bet you even think about placing all football season long. Here's the payoff part for you - after the season is all played out, I will send you back exactly half, and keep the other half for myself. That's a better return than you will get trying to outsmart the bookies. and we will both be money ahead.
I'll pass on that proposition but I'm willing to buy beachfront property in Arizona if you have any for sale!

BUMP for Buzzard to update the "BPI," whatever that is. Is WVU still the No. 4 defensive team in America since having surrendered 99 points in a loss at home to an MAC team?

BUMP for Buzzard to update the "BPI," whatever that is. Is WVU still the No. 4 defensive team in America since having surrendered 99 points in a loss at home to an MAC team?

So, okay...........If you are talking about basketball season already, revive this thread toward the end of February or the first part of March. I think that by then Huggs will have most of our early season woes fixed and we will once again make the tourney field. And besides that, Buffalo has a pretty decent basketball team this year.

The meaningless preseason BPI projected much bigger things for WVU than just making the 68 team tournament field, Buzzard. Top 4 defensive teams don't surrender 99 points at home to a MAC team, even a good MAC team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT