ADVERTISEMENT

Watching other games over the past several weeks

BurninDownTheCouch

All-Conference
Jan 16, 2006
Saint Albans
I've come to the conclusion the WVU is Porcupine U in basketball.

Porcupine..... Not pretty, not overly athletic, doesn't look like anything else out there, but no one wants to deal with one.

You're right. Most people are lazy by nature, and fighting the full-court press for 40 minutes takes considerable effort and concentration. After having gone 13-19 and 17-16 (or so), Huggins made a good decision to employ a gimmick.

You're right. Most people are lazy by nature, and fighting the full-court press for 40 minutes takes considerable effort and concentration. After having gone 13-19 and 17-16 (or so), Huggins made a good decision to employ a gimmick.
Says the 3-7 buckeye fan. No gimmick, can't shoot, can't play defense.....

Last edited:

Defense isn't a gimmick and there are a ton of ways to do it in basketball. This is just one of them.

Of course their is the MVU way of playing no defense. Is that a gimmick to?
Then you have a case of using 'their' when you should have used 'there's', which is a gimmick all to its own. Way to confuse the viewing audience and keep them off guard with your gimmicky posting style.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Then you have a case of using 'their' when you should have used 'there's', which is a gimmick all to its own. Way to confuse the viewing audience and keep them off guard with your gimmicky posting style.
Grammar points to the two teamer in Michigan. That and $5 will get you a pint at the local pub.

The full court press is not a gimmick you ignorant twat. It has been around for 65 years. Go watch your shitty team suck cock.

Reactions: Motown Mounty
Sugar Cone be maaaaaaaad...reeeeeeeeeal...maaaaaaaaad!

I've really touched a nerve, haven't I? Running a full court press for 40 minutes is a total gimmick. Barnum & Bailey must love some Thuggy Bear!

Many college teams play "solid defense," but precious few play a full court press for 40 minutes. It's a gimmick for sure, but you can't blame a desperate tHuggins for implementing it after having gone 30-35 in a two season stretch.

Many college teams play "solid defense," but precious few play a full court press for 40 minutes. It's a gimmick for sure, but you can't blame a desperate tHuggins for implementing it after having gone 30-35 in a two season stretch.
Meanwhile WVU is a top 25 team for the third year in a row. 69-23 over the last three season with multiple wins over # 1 rated teams. Do those wins count since the press and solid half court defense are a gimmick?

Reactions: countryroads89

What you consider a gimmick has put WVU at 1st in the nation in turnovers per game, 1st in turnover margin, 1st in total steals, and 1st in turnovers forced.

And WVU's intimidating defense isn't the whole story. WVU is 7th nationally in points per game, 2nd in scoring margin, 6th in assists per game, and 3rd in offensive rebounds.

Once again it's a good thing you're only a pretend lawyer, because you just keep losing case after case.

http://web1.ncaa.org/stats/StatsSrv/ranksummary

Reactions: WhiteTailEER

I've really touched a nerve, haven't I? Running a full court press for 40 minutes is a total gimmick. Barnum & Bailey must love some Thuggy Bear!
Running a full court press for 40 minutes has been a part of basketball for 65 years. Nobody is mad moron. Pointing out facts is a simple process of knowing WTF you are talking about and then typing it out. You should try the former more often.

Not many play the 2-3 exclusively either, but it's worked out for Syracuse.

Please keep showing your complete ignorance though.

Precious few are talented enough to do it so they can't and don't. Being better than everyone else at something makes you and expert, not a gimmick.

I would think that Barnum and Bailey is a better description of Ohio State's hoops program anyway. Bankrupt and time to shut down for everyone's benefit.

LMAO at all of the butthurt Fold & Blew fans who know deep down in their itty bitty hearts that this a gimmick, which won't last forever. Enjoy your gimmick now. Nolan Richardson had a lot of success with this gimmick 25-30 years or so ago, but I don't recall any national champion since then using this gimmick. Give Thugs credit for finally realizing that most blue-chip recruits want no part of Morganhole, and that he had to create a gimmick to have some success there.

LMAO at all of the butthurt Fold & Blew fans who know deep down in their itty bitty hearts that this a gimmick, which won't last forever. Enjoy your gimmick

Ask Baylor, Kansas and Virginia about our defense. They couldn't handle it when they were ranked #1, #2, and #6 respectively.

LMAO at all of the butthurt Fold & Blew fans who know deep down in their itty bitty hearts that this a gimmick, which won't last forever. Enjoy your gimmick now. Nolan Richardson had a lot of success with this gimmick 25-30 years or so ago, but I don't recall any national champion since then using this gimmick. Give Thugs credit for finally realizing that most blue-chip recruits want no part of Morganhole, and that he had to create a gimmick to have some success there.
When facts don't support your argument, declare yourself the winner. 69-13 two teamer and 3 wins over the #1 team.

Pitino pressed with Kentucky and Louisville and won titles. VCU rode it to the final 4.

Maybe it would help if you were knowledgeable about the discussion topuc.

Pitino's championship teams did not press 40 minutes/game, Dumb Dave. Stick to lassoing orange cones, and leave the serious roundball discussion to those of us whom know the game.

Pitino's championship teams did not press 40 minutes/game, Dumb Dave. Stick to lassoing orange cones, and leave the serious roundball discussion to those of us whom know the game.
WVU presses 45% of the other teams possessions. Speaking of those who know the game. WVU beat # 1 Kansas with solid half court defense and exploiting a match up problem on offense. But hey thanks for entertaining us.

Last edited:
And, lost to unranked Temple, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Kansas State. The Gimmick giveth, and the gimmick taketh away....

Mad being ranked #7. You're special

You are right. Pitino's teams only pressed about 55% of the game. WVU presses about 45% of the time. Please know what you are talking about in the future so I don't have to waste time correcting you and embarrassing you.

And, lost to unranked Temple, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Kansas State. The Gimmick giveth, and the gimmick taketh away....

LOL ... you're an imbecile.
How many losses does OSU have? How many wins? How many top 10 wins?

You'd kill for our defense and our record ... your team just doesn't have the balls or the heart to be able to do it.

LOL ... you're an imbecile.
How many losses does OSU have? How many wins? How many top 10 wins?

You'd kill for our defense and our record ... your team just doesn't have the balls or the heart to be able to do it.
The only thing a Marshall fan would know about balls involves a late night snack.

They should throw John Wooden out of the Hall of Fame. He used the 2-2-1 press for years at UCLA. Wonder how he fared during his time with the Bruins?

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Great, another peach basket days reference.... You clowns are desperate to blind your eyes from the truth: Full court pressing for 40 minutes is a gimmick. Y'all should be happy that Thuggins wouldn't tolerate more 13-19 seasons, and reached into his big bag of tricks, instead of crying about the truth.

I guess now the peach basket era has moved up to 1975 when UCLA won it's last title with John Wooden as head coach (while using that gimmick full court press). That date keeps moving to fit the narrative.

Back to cussing and name calling in 3 .... 2 ..... 1 ....

John Wooden was a great coach in a completely different era: No shot clock, three-point shot, etc. He is irrelevant to this discussion. More crying from the little girls' coach in 3, 2, 1....

Well Mr (thinks you) Know-it All on Basketball, the fact that there was not a shot clock, 3 point line, or any other rule changes since the mid 70's has nothing to do with the how or why Wooden or Huggins used or uses the press.

If you want your ignorance exposed again, just let me know and I will explain it to you.

All facts are irrelevant to the discussion in your mind. #7 No not the number of B10 losses OSU has. No not the number of posters bitch slapping you around in this thread but WVU's ranking this week. Truly we thank you for entertaining us with your ignorance two teamer.

Well Mr (thinks you) Know-it All on Basketball, the fact that there was not a shot clock, 3 point line, or any other rule changes since the mid 70's has nothing to do with the how or why Wooden or Huggins used or uses the press.

If you want your ignorance exposed again, just let me know and I will explain it to you.
You are unable explain why you are an alumnus of West Virginia State, but beat your chest about WVU, so why should you be expected to explain anything in a coherent fashion?

All facts are irrelevant to the discussion in your mind. #7 No not the number of B10 losses OSU has. No not the number of posters bitch slapping you around in this thread but WVU's ranking this week. Truly we thank you for entertaining us with your ignorance two teamer.
Entertain you? I'm kicking your a$$ all over this place, which is why you need seven other delusional WVU homer fans' help to debate me, Peachy.

[laughing]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT