ADVERTISEMENT

Watched some of the replay of the 1997 Motor City Bowl

Snow Sled Baby

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2003
Staunton Va
last night on Fox.......the herd against Missisippi.......two touchdowns in the first minute and a half....one by John Avery and one by some guy named Moss.......all kidding aside....Chad Pennington could really spin it....he threw a nice catchable ball........was that marshall's best team ever?.......didn't they lose that year to a team that they consider themselves to be much better than?......and.hasn't that team beaten them everytime they've played even though the herd, once again, thinks they are better?........please explain this to me.......ps....one additional notation......the marshall schedule that year was rated 101 out of 112.......sound familiar?.......same as it ever was.....same as it ever was

Last edited:
Reactions: WVU82
No to all questions, 80% of which I didn't bother reading.

We all know that the Herd's greatest teams are ALWAYS the years when you boys choose to not want to lace them up.

That's a FACT

last night on Fox.......the herd against Missisippi.......two touchdowns in the first minute and a half....one by John Avery and one by some guy named Moss.......all kidding aside....Chad Pennington could really spin it....he threw a nice catchable ball........was that marshall's best team ever?.......didn't they lose that year to a team that they consider themselves to be much better than?......and.hasn't that team beaten them everytime they've played even though the herd, once again, thinks they are better?........please explain this to me.......ps....one additional notation......the marshall schedule that year was rated 101 out of 112.......sound familiar?.......same as it ever was.....same as it ever was
Yeah, I watched a portion of that game as well....Moss got blantantly face masked on the Ole Miss 35 yard line after a reception as the game ended but guess the refs had plane reservations! Still a fun game to watch again!

I actually miss the days where I could root for Marshall before they started acting the way they did.

Moss was just sooooooo good and Pennington was a very good college QB. I'd trade him for Skyler and day of the week and twice on Sunday.

It is a shame that a school struggling for game attendance and tv viewership doesn't want a huge part of the state on it side because they are WVU fans.

I actually miss the days where I could root for Marshall before they started acting the way they did.

Moss was just sooooooo good and Pennington was a very good college QB. I'd trade him for Skyler and day of the week and twice on Sunday.

It is a shame that a school struggling for game attendance and tv viewership doesn't want a huge part of the state on it side because they are WVU fans.
Define " acting the way they did" !

Only in Morgantown (dumbest fan base in America) does 10-3 trump 13-0 as "greatest team ever."
You guys truly are morons

Reactions: Herd Fever
You mean daring to suggest we should play football? Hahahahahahahaha

Every year?

We just had a multiple game series and you lost every one. A team's OOC schedule should have different teams or your schedule gets stale.

We played Alabama, Oklahoma, and Baylor in 14, and you guys said we were scared to play you.

Don't act naive. You guys are mad that your welfare ended and you are grasping at desperate strings to make it return.

Reactions: still5-0vstarheels
Only in Morgantown (dumbest fan base in America) does 10-3 trump 13-0 as "greatest team ever."
You guys truly are morons
MVU still played a poor schedule in that 13-0 year. You could have played WVU that year but backed out of a gentlemen's agreement to play more games.

It is really hard for you to claim WVU fans are the dumbest when M-Turd post his stupidity for all to see. Like yesterday claiming 1 B12 conference championship in 4 years for WVU verses the 7 we have won. Google and facts are abstract concepts to Turd fans. Of coarse there is the constant banter on football when MVU is 0-12. That is pretty dumb in itself. So look in the mirror to see the true morons.

MVU still played a poor schedule in that 13-0 year. You could have played WVU that year but backed out of a gentlemen's agreement to play more games.

It is really hard for you to claim WVU fans are the dumbest when M-Turd post his stupidity for all to see. Like yesterday claiming 1 B12 conference championship in 4 years for WVU verses the 7 we have won. Google and facts are abstract concepts to Turd fans. Of coarse there is the constant banter on football when MVU is 0-12. That is pretty dumb in itself. So look in the mirror to see the true morons.

I don't have to claim it, just quote the numerous articles suggesting it and idiots on this board who can't understand basic math.

Every year?

We just had a multiple game series and you lost every one. A team's OOC schedule should have different teams or your schedule gets stale.

We played Alabama, Oklahoma, and Baylor in 14, and you guys said we were scared to play you.

Don't act naive. You guys are mad that your welfare ended and you are grasping at desperate strings to make it return.
Sure , why not play every year? Colorado plays CSU every year! Damn, you boys are sensitive...get your feathers ruffled over a stinking football game!

Actually, I gave you 1, but I was wrong. You have ZERO titles when it pertains to revenue sports & men's sports. Albeit, you have a few titles in girl's soccer. GIRL'S SOCCER. Let that sink it, moron.

Big 12 Football Titles: 0
Big 12 Men's Basketball Titles: 0
Big 12 Baseball Titles: 0

I don't have to claim it, just quote the numerous articles suggesting it and idiots on this board who can't understand basic math.
Most people don't understand simple math. I make a damn good living explaining it. While that maybe Marshall's greatest team, You still played a poor schedule.

Actually, I gave you 1, but I was wrong. You have ZERO titles when it pertains to revenue sports & men's sports. Albeit, you have a few titles in girl's soccer. GIRL'S SOCCER. Let that sink it, moron.

Moron? You claimed WVU won 1 in 4 years verses 7 in 9 years for MVU. Were all 7 in revenue sports? No. Was that discussion just about revenue sports? No. The village idiot cannot even preform a simple to Google search to determine that WVU has won the same amount of conference titles in less than half the time in a much tougher conference. Thanks once again for the laughs.

Most people don't understand simple math. You still played a poor schedule.
And....you would be one of them.

1997 Team - 10-3 record
at WVU
at Army
at Kent State
Western Illinois
at Ball State
Akron
at Miami, Ohio
Eastern Michigan
at Central Michigan
Bowling Green
Ohio
Toledo
bowl game Ole Miss

1999 Team - 13-0 record
at Clemson
Liberty
Bowling Green
Temple
at Miami, Ohio
Toledo
at Buffalo
Northern Illinois
at Kent
at Western Michigan
Ohio
Western Michigan
bowl game BYU

Only a true moron wouldn't place the 1999 team ahead of the 1997 team. Not to mention, the 1999 schedule was more difficult.

And....you would be one of them.

1997 Team - 10-3 record
at WVU
at Army
at Kent State
Western Illinois
at Ball State
Akron
at Miami, Ohio
Eastern Michigan
at Central Michigan
Bowling Green
Ohio
Toledo
bowl game Ole Miss

1999 Team - 13-0 record
at Clemson
Liberty
Bowling Green
Temple
at Miami, Ohio
Toledo
at Buffalo
Northern Illinois
at Kent
at Western Michigan
Ohio
Western Michigan
bowl game BYU

Only a true moron wouldn't place the 1999 team ahead of the 1997 team. Not to mention, the 1999 schedule was more difficult.

Only a true moron would not see that both these schedules suck.

Only a true moron would not see that both these schedules suck.
Only a bigger moron would change his/her argument from a discussion in regard to which team was Marshall's all time greatest to arguing SOS. Let's face it. You're certainly not the sharpest blade in the saw house.

No to all questions, 80% of which I didn't bother reading.

We all know that the Herd's greatest teams are ALWAYS the years when you boys choose to not want to lace them up.

That's a FACT
you mean you had somebody read it to you and show you the pretty pictures.......THAT is the fact

Only a bigger moron would change his/her argument from a discussion in regard to which team was Marshall's all time greatest to arguing SOS. Let's face it. You're certainly not the sharpest blade in the saw house.
You need to put the pipe down little bitch. The thread is about the 1997 team. The observation I made was that those schedules of the 99 and 97 teams both sucked. Simple observation that is hard to dispute and is relevant to the discussion of the 1997 team. Once again thanks for your village idiot routine.

So in these 3 sports, how many championships does Marshall have since joining CUSA over 10 years ago? One football championship played on your home field? Is that correct?

Sure , why not play every year? Colorado plays CSU every year! Damn, you boys are sensitive...get your feathers ruffled over a stinking football game!

And would you say that either team is benefiting from that game every year?

Can you honestly say that Marshall brings more to the table for WVU than Alabama or FSU?

No, you can't. So, your only solution is to be our paid game to come to Mountaineer Field. Make your 800k (which is four times your tv revenue) and go home.

At this point, your college doesn't deserve that. After the ridiculous way Marshallonians have been acting, they deserve the division drop that is ultimately coming their way.

And would you say that either team is benefiting from that game every year?

Can you honestly say that Marshall brings more to the table for WVU than Alabama or FSU?

No, you can't. So, your only solution is to be our paid game to come to Mountaineer Field. Make your 800k (which is four times your tv revenue) and go home.

At this point, your college doesn't deserve that. After the ridiculous way Marshallonians have been acting, they deserve the division drop that is ultimately coming their way.

I'd rather play UofL and Pitt. We've finished with more votes than WVU for three straight years, obviously we don't need to play you. CBS even stated we had the better program right now, so why bother. I think your ego is hurt more by the fact we don't need you.

I'd rather play UofL and Pitt. We've finished with more votes than WVU for three straight years, obviously we don't need to play you. CBS even stated we had the better program right now, so why bother. I think your ego is hurt more by the fact we don't need you.
MVU, your fans have earned that title. Still waiting for that we got votes from our coach banners to be hung. Who is bring the bean dip? Should be special. By the way we are very comfortable with MVU not needing us. Works for both of us. You can claim another moral victory because we did not bitch slap you that year and we can do what is best for us. A win, win solution.

More votes.....LOL.

The fact thay "more votes" is your baseline for success shows whose ego is tied up more.

Face the facts: WVU faced an exponentially tougher schedule the last couple years and did mediocre. They won some and lost some. Marshall played nobody and lost to a few of them.

Neither team really made a splash except WVU knocking off Baylor in 14 in their quest for a NC. WVU's list of wins is definitely more impressive.

The fact that you are celebrating nothing shows where your fan base is. Your college is in trouble, Marine. You shouldn't worry about WVU. You shouldn't be here anyway. Your college is in desperate mode because your athletic department has zero dollars and the state is trying to find money for more important things. Sooner or later you are going to have to cut the cord.

You will continue to count votes when your coach voted for himself.

I am being dead serious when I tell you that your football program is in trouble. If your conference doesn't represent itself soon, you're done.

We don't need you, set your ego aside and understand that.

Marshall means nothing to almost everyone.

The phrase "We don't need you" is an idiotic statement when you hang out on said team's free board 24/7 and need it to make that statement.

You need every element of WVU because without it you have nothing else to fuel you. You are not unique. Your fool's pride is quite standard to Herdies. It will be your eventual downfall.

Reactions: still5-0vstarheels

The phrase "We don't need you" is an idiotic statement when you hang out on said team's free board 24/7 and need it to make that statement.

You need every element of WVU because without it you have nothing else to fuel you. You are not unique. Your fool's pride is quite standard to Herdies. It will be your eventual downfall.
Hahahahahahha The most delusional, self important fan base in the universe lecturing someone else to set aside their ego's! If we could take the difference between what WVU is worth and what they think their worth...we could pay off the national debt and still have money left over!

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Hahahahahahha The most delusional, self important fan base in the universe lecturing someone else to set aside their ego's! If we could take the difference between what WVU is worth and what they think their worth...we could pay off the national debt and still have money left over!
Another idiotic MVU fan showing his ignorance. We expect better out of you.

You get all your fans off our main board and we will leave your smack board? How's that for a deal?

You get all your fans off our main board and we will leave your smack board? How's that for a deal?
lol, the delusional wing of the Ear fan base cannot EVER leave the Herd boards. Not to mention, this smack board here is OUR board, not theirs. OURS.

Reactions: mlblack16
Another idiotic MVU fan showing his ignorance. We expect better out of you.
I mean the Devil Dog pointed out the coaches poll and the CBS poll and the fact that WVU has NEVER won ANYTHING of real significance...yet you boys get mad at us for suggesting we simply play a football game, home and home! Hell, if anything we should be demanding exclusive rights to host the game!

I mean the Devil Dog pointed out the coaches poll and the CBS poll and the fact that WVU has NEVER won ANYTHING of real significance...yet you boys get mad at us for suggesting we simply play a football game, home and home! Hell, if anything we should be demanding exclusive rights to host the game!

Wow Tony are you doubling down on stupid. MVU can demand what ever it wants but you are not bargaining from a position of strength. The delusional MVU fans have thought they should dictate the terms and where has that gotten you. WVU has bitched slapped you by an average of 3 touchdowns. You play nobody and you win 10 games with the #236 schedule and we are suppose to be impressed? I would give you 21 points if we played you this year and laugh all the way to the bank. You used to be better than this.

Wow Tony are you doubling down on stupid. MVU can demand what ever it wants but you are not bargaining from a position of strength. The delusional MVU fans have thought they should dictate the terms and where has that gotten you. WVU has bitched slapped you by an average of 3 touchdowns. You play nobody and you win 10 games with the #236 schedule and we are suppose to be impressed? I would give you 21 points if we played you this year and laugh all the way to the bank. You used to be better than this.
...you'd be laughing all the way to the bank to borrow money to pay off the wager! You boys might be able to lay 21 to Kansas but that's about the extent of it!

It truly boggles my mind why Marshall fans live on this board.... Marshall for God's sake. We don't play each other. We live in different athletic and academic worlds. I can only surmise, jealousy. I'd like to have Notre Dame's athletic pedigree, but WVU doesn't. I'm not on their board talking smack to them seeing as how we've never beaten them, and another game is nowhere on the horizon. Your envy is very telling and obvious. Most Marshall fans behave as their administration behaves, ipso facto the reason we no longer play in any revenue sport. Marshall fans' insecurity and inferiority complex speaks so loudly, I cannot hear what you are actually saying.

...you'd be laughing all the way to the bank to borrow money to pay off the wager! You boys might be able to lay 21 to Kansas but that's about the extent of it!
We would likely score as many points on you as we did last time we played.

If we took all the actualmoney that Marshall gets from the state taxpayers, we could fix a lot of state problems.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT