ADVERTISEMENT

UVa interviews

So, listening to his comments, I think that article that was posted earlier in the week about our press can be trashed now. Bennett seems to think that our relentless pressing wore down his team mentally more than anything else. He said that our pressure showed his guys the need to focus 100% of the time.

So, listening to his comments, I think that article that was posted earlier in the week about our press can be trashed now. Bennett seems to think that our relentless pressing wore down his team mentally more than anything else. He said that our pressure showed his guys the need to focus 100% of the time.

What article?

UVA is like how Pitt was back in the Levance Fields days. They are a legit top 5 regular season opponent and they protect their home court better than anyone. That win is beyond huge not only for our resume but what it means for this team's upside. Going through the schedule and penciling in Ws and Ls preseason you would be hard pressed to find a WVU homer saying that game would be a W. Makes up for the Temple fiasco and paints that game as simply an aberration rather than a true cause for concern.

Thanks. Tony Bennett is a class guy.

Yes, he is. Perhaps our QB could learn a lesson from him on how to answer questions? I just read the comments from Howard after last week.....odd. Guess he thinks 10-29 for 119 yards is "ok".....;).....but he is 10-2.........wonder what the young MAN (not a kid, he's 23 folks) will be like next year when no NFL, CFL, or Arena team comes calling? Who will be to blame, then?

Reactions: HugoStiglitz
Yes, he is. Perhaps our QB could learn a lesson from him on how to answer questions? I just read the comments from Howard after last week.....odd. Guess he thinks 10-29 for 119 yards is "ok".....;).....but he is 10-2.........wonder what the young MAN (not a kid, he's 23 folks) will be like next year when no NFL, CFL, or Arena team comes calling? Who will be to blame, then?

Have you seen his Big 12 Champion for Life commercial? He is getting his masters degree and he seems genuinely grateful that football has allowed him to get that degree. Whatever his shortcomings are on the field I think he makes up for them with his tenacity. I think he'll do just fine in life.

Have you seen his Big 12 Champion for Life commercial? He is getting his masters degree and he seems genuinely grateful that football has allowed him to get that degree. Whatever his shortcomings are on the field I think he makes up for them with his tenacity. I think he'll do just fine in life.

Perhaps.....but for him to throw his own teams' fans under the bus like that......Perhaps better games against OK State and OU would have been different........ah well, got 10 wins, bowl game and chance at 11 wins......can't wait for next year.

Pulled info off wvusports release about game. Now that you mention it I remember that game. Not sure it was on their campus or not.
#8/#9 Florida in Gainesville. Note sure how that got overlooked, but good catch.

Classless post

Typical

Reactions: CAJUNEER
Pulled info off wvusports release about game. Now that you mention it I remember that game. Not sure it was on their campus or not.
According to WVUSTATS webpage, WVU beat Florida in December of 2002 at the Charleston Civic Center 68 - 66.

I was at the game yesterday and their players said the same thing in the interview. I do think this defense is better than the last two years to this point and hope that it holds up through the season. One improvement is that we are fouling less often, especially the dumb reach-ins fare away from the basket. The other is that our half court defense is more disciplined.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT