ADVERTISEMENT

UTE fan here, I come in peace...

Been to this board numerous times here and there. WVU is my B12 team, so I follow you guys pretty close. Be glad to answer any questions you have.

A lot of PItt fans here and Texas fans.
The PItt fans usually are afraid to identify themselves but you can tell them quite easily by how they speak about West Virginia.

Reactions: psute
A lot of PItt fans here and Texas fans.
The PItt fans usually are afraid to identify themselves but you can tell them quite easily by how they speak about West Virginia.
Ahh... the usual skepticism ... Go to the magnifying glass, fill in my handle, pick a few days back, deselect "search this forum only and check my posting history. You will find I am a national board mod...

Any word on Grier? Super impressed with him, injury looked pretty gruesome. What is your back up like?

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Ahh... the usual skepticism ... Go to the magnifying glass, fill in my handle, pick a few days back, deselect "search this forum only and check my posting history. You will find I am a national board mod...

Any word on Grier? Super impressed with him, injury looked pretty gruesome. What is your back up like?

It's not good news on the Will Grier front. We will know for absolute certainty in a week but it's not looking like Grier will be able to play.

Unfortunately without Will Grier The Mountaineer offense is not very good. It's possible the backup QB Chris Chugunov could have a breakout game. But The Mountaineer defense is still unpredictable. The defense is capable of stopping anybody while also being capable of giving the game away. It's very jekyll and hyde.

Gunx

That's about right. It's one of those games right now I couldn't pick . Let me rephrase given that I sucked at picking this year. Someone who does well picking will probably have a tough time picking this one because of all the unknowns.

I'll still take WVU because of loyalty.

Gunx

That's about right. It's one of those games right now I couldn't pick . Let me rephrase given that I sucked at picking this year. Someone who does well picking will probably have a tough time picking this one because of all the unknowns.

I'll still take WVU because of loyalty.

It's a tough call but I can't bring myself to pick The Utes over The Mountaineers.

If there ever was a game that The Mountaineers needed to win its this one. A win could propel this team forward into a very important off season.

Been to this board numerous times here and there. WVU is my B12 team, so I follow you guys pretty close. Be glad to answer any questions you have.
I'll tell you this; between Utes second half of the season and WVU missing Grier, this is an absolute disaster for the network airing the game and for local hotels and bars. This becomes one of the bowl games that makes you question why there are so many bowls.

Reactions: LAMountaineer
I guess I'll actually ask a question, is Utah good? What are the strengths and weaknesses of the them? I haven't watched a Utah game in a couple seasons.

I guess I'll actually ask a question, is Utah good? What are the strengths and weaknesses of the them? I haven't watched a Utah game in a couple seasons.
We put 16 into the NFL last year, so it has been a rebuilding year. Typical Utah team, very physical in the trenches. Defensively, the edges are an issue. We can get burned on the long ball. On offense, it depends on who the QB is. Huntley was out for two games and not 100% for two more, is healthy now. Installed a run pass option this year, lead to a shitload of ineligible receivers down field penalties early on, seems to have been cleaned up the last coupla games, 4/5 of the OL were replaced. RB Moss has come on as he has gotten more touches, vicious runner. If you can make us one dimensional by taking away either the run or pass, it'll be a long afternoon for us. Not sure with Grier out, with him in I would bet the over, now I'm not so sure...

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
Well chugs will have some more time to practice so who knows, Go Mountaineers! Cool game day and time for getting together with folks in for the holidays, I know I'll have a living room full!

Congrats on your overpowering record of 6-6. Shame you didn't make the playoffs with the sparkle wins you have. This will be an exhilarating game of who screws up less during the battle.

This WVU fan is out here in Ute territory... well, north of SLC anyway (Ogden area and within a short drive to Weber State).

It really comes down to who wants to play. WVU did not want to play defense against Oklahoma. They had zero interest. If that happens in the bowl we will have the same issues. If they decide they want to play we have a fair shot to win. Utah has a great bowl record over the years so they have a history of winning bowl games.

It really comes down to who wants to play. WVU did not want to play defense against Oklahoma. They had zero interest. If that happens in the bowl we will have the same issues. If they decide they want to play we have a fair shot to win. Utah has a great bowl record over the years so they have a history of winning bowl games.

OR, maybe OU was a better team than we were, we didn’t have our star starting QB, and Oklahoma played well that day. Just spitballing here.

Get use to it. My HB is Pitt and some of these guys can’t get over it. I am a huge childhood WVU fan and literally never posted one negative post about WVU yet several of these homers trash thread after thread. I go to more WVU games and give more money to WVU than these same morons yet get F’d with constantly by insecure homers.

Shame about Grier because the offense with him was as good as it gets. RB has moved on so the O is a shell of itself. That’s what sucks about Bowl games. Multiple weeks off makes for sloppy play sometimes and players miss these games.

I was at the Fiesta Bowl when A Smith boat raced Pitt. To this day I believe I watched the best team in college football that year. Your team was incredible.

I'll tell you this; between Utes second half of the season and WVU missing Grier, this is an absolute disaster for the network airing the game and for local hotels and bars. This becomes one of the bowl games that makes you question why there are so many bowls.

I looked at the Bowl schedule last week and was disappointed in most of the match up. Honestly I believe Bowls should focus on regional match ups. No one Nationally cares about match ups like WVU/Utah. The Bowl system is fatally flawed and attendance and ratings prove it every year. Outside of the Major Bowl games I can’t get excited for any of these minor Bowl games.

I’m excited about going to two Bowl games. I’m going to Orlando and get to see the VaTech/Oaklahoma St game. I’m also going to the ND/LSU game. I’m sure the ND game will be packed but will be suprised if half the stadium isn’t empty for the VaTech game.

I looked at the Bowl schedule last week and was disappointed in most of the match up. Honestly I believe Bowls should focus on regional match ups. No one Nationally cares about match ups like WVU/Utah. The Bowl system is fatally flawed and attendance and ratings prove it every year. Outside of the Major Bowl games I can’t get excited for any of these minor Bowl games.

I’m excited about going to two Bowl games. I’m going to Orlando and get to see the VaTech/Oaklahoma St game. I’m also going to the ND/LSU game. I’m sure the ND game will be packed but will be suprised if half the stadium isn’t empty for the VaTech game.
Pretty cool that you are going to two bowl games. I hope you have a good time at each.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Get use to it. My HB is Pitt and some of these guys can’t get over it. I am a huge childhood WVU fan and literally never posted one negative post about WVU yet several of these homers trash thread after thread. I go to more WVU games and give more money to WVU than these same morons yet get F’d with constantly by insecure homers.

Shame about Grier because the offense with him was as good as it gets. RB has moved on so the O is a shell of itself. That’s what sucks about Bowl games. Multiple weeks off makes for sloppy play sometimes and players miss these games.

I was at the Fiesta Bowl when A Smith boat raced Pitt. To this day I believe I watched the best team in college football that year. Your team was incredible.
Yes, most think that was the best Utah team ever, even better than the '08 team...

Say what? WV didn't want to play defense against Oklahoma? I defer to the WVU defensive co-ordinator for the answer to this question. Warez

Best of luck and here's to a good game with no kids injured. After what I read, both teams were in rebuild mode this year and will be scary good next year. The extra practices for the game were a huge benefit to both...

Reactions: Funky Bunch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT