ADVERTISEMENT

US colleges received $6 billion from China/Russia not reported to US govt.

I didn't spend it all in one place
jCvZK4K.jpg

If COVID has taught me anything it is the following:

1. The US needs to repatriate it's manufacturing base for anything we would consider essential in a crisis - including: Food, weapons, technology, medical supplies, plastics, metal manufacturing, etc. I very much was a global free trade kind of guy before this. But watching China essentially take over the factories for PPE, India immediately put a moratorium on the export of certain drugs, etc. it's clear that if it's essential, you're making yourself vulnerable if you're outsourcing its production.

2. We as a country can't find a single damn thing we can all agree on and not dissolve into tribal debate about, and that's sad. Partially we've done this to ourselves, partially we've let bad actors from outside America attack the things that we did have in common (origin stories, basic constitutional and economic principles).

3. (And relevant to this thread) The Chinese Communist Party has its hands way to deep into influencing our collegiate system. A college degree is not worth the asking price at current. I'm hopeful we see a trade-skill revolution, but more-over, STEM scholarships and positions need to be going to American kids alone. China and some of these other countries may not be our enemies, but they are certainly not our friends and we need to protect our technological advantage if we don't want our kids or grand kids to be living under Beijing's thumb in 50 years. The whole damn system needs purged of professors and administrators sympathetic to foreign money, influence, and political philosphies. I don't care what you look like, or where your parents came from, but you better have a vested interest in being an American first, not corrupting American constitutional ideals, and not taking your knowledge back to those countries who do not have our best interests at heart.

4. It's scary staring down a potential immanent death at any age, and I'm grateful to the support from the Blue Lot while waiting for my viral PCR swab tests to come back in March.

1. The US needs to repatriate it's manufacturing base for anything we would consider essential in a crisis - including: Food, weapons, technology, medical supplies, plastics, metal manufacturing, etc. I very much was a global free trade kind of guy before this. But watching China essentially take over the factories for PPE, India immediately put a moratorium on the export of certain drugs, etc. it's clear that if it's essential, you're making yourself vulnerable if you're outsourcing its production.

2. We as a country can't find a single damn thing we can all agree on and not dissolve into tribal debate about, and that's sad. Partially we've done this to ourselves, partially we've let bad actors from outside America attack the things that we did have in common (origin stories, basic constitutional and economic principles).

3. (And relevant to this thread) The Chinese Communist Party has its hands way to deep into influencing our collegiate system. A college degree is not worth the asking price at current. I'm hopeful we see a trade-skill revolution, but more-over, STEM scholarships and positions need to be going to American kids alone. China and some of these other countries may not be our enemies, but they are certainly not our friends and we need to protect our technological advantage if we don't want our kids or grand kids to be living under Beijing's thumb in 50 years. The whole damn system needs purged of professors and administrators sympathetic to foreign money, influence, and political philosphies. I don't care what you look like, or where your parents came from, but you better have a vested interest in being an American first, not corrupting American constitutional ideals, and not taking your knowledge back to those countries who do not have our best interests at heart.

4. It's scary staring down a potential immanent death at any age, and I'm grateful to the support from the Blue Lot while waiting for my viral PCR swab tests to come back in March.

I have no idea which way you politically lean, but I agree strongly with everything you said, besides #4.

Reactions: MountainDoc1
The problem we face in this country is the people would rather sell America to other countries than protect it. Rome fell because people wouldn’t fight for the empire anymore and they had to rely on mercenaries to defend the empire. Mercenaries won’t die for Rome they only care about getting their money. I hope as a country we can see what’s going on and make the decision either to choose money or choose country. For me America is worth a lot more than a damn check.

Timeline of trying to destroy Trump:
1. Obama administration spying on Trump
2. Russia collusion
3. Impeachment inquiry
4. Mysterious virus from China destroying America

Reactions: Manleyeer

3. (And relevant to this thread) The Chinese Communist Party has its hands way to deep into influencing our collegiate system. A college degree is not worth the asking price at current. I'm hopeful we see a trade-skill revolution, but more-over, STEM scholarships and positions need to be going to American kids alone. China and some of these other countries may not be our enemies, but they are certainly not our friends and we need to protect our technological advantage if we don't want our kids or grand kids to be living under Beijing's thumb in 50 years. The whole damn system needs purged of professors and administrators sympathetic to foreign money, influence, and political philosphies. I don't care what you look like, or where your parents came from, but you better have a vested interest in being an American first, not corrupting American constitutional ideals, and not taking your knowledge back to those countries w

I agree with this 100%. I just want y'all to know.

You had me at weapons...

If you want to see something really scary google rare earths and magnets and spend an hour or so reading about defense uses of refined rare earths, most of which are irreplaceable due to their unique physical and electronic character and Chinese domination of industrial materials in a vital area in the defense supply chain. Also consumer high tech products.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT