ADVERTISEMENT

US Airways layover in Charlotte

dolemitebmf

All-American
May 29, 2001
I have never had a layover in CLT before. Does anyone know approximately how long of a layover would be necessary to not miss the connecting flight, at this particular airport? Trying to decide between a flight with a 1.5 hour layover and a 3 hour layover. Thanks for the help.

You will be fine with a 1.5 hour layoff

Go to concourse C and eat at Bad Daddy's
Posted from Rivals Mobile

You will be fine with a 1.5 hour layoff

Go to concourse C and eat at Bad Daddy's

Ditto to the others; absolutely no reason to book the 3 hour layover connecting through CLT. Speaking in general terms, there aren't too many airports (or circumstances) anywhere.....at least in the States.....where I'd willingly book a 3 hour layover if a 1.5 hour was available.

May I assume you're traveling internationally, and are therefore exceptionally worried about the ramifications of a missed connection ??

Dude, I make 35 minute connections all the time. 1.5 hrs gives you 45 mins to make it to the next gate, and then a grace of 30 more mins until they close the gate. So basically you have an 1 hr and 15 mins to make it to the next gate. Realistically though, stick to the 45 mins.

I had a 40 min layover there two weeks ago....

...my flight was 15 mins late, had a 10 min walk to the gate and I had no problem making my connection.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT