ADVERTISEMENT

UofL journalist claims WVU “most annoying fan base” among others.

Christian96

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 25, 2019
Rick Bosich claims that West Virginia has the most annoying fan base in America. Goes as read;

1. West Virginia -- I'll be shocked if even one of you puts Mountaineer Field at Milan Puskar Stadium and WVU fans atop his/her list -- unless it's somebody who was there for the lovely trips the University of Louisville made to Morgantown.
I duck and dive under cover every time the dude with the rifle (I believe they call him, 'The Mountaineer,') aims and fires.

The language and taunts that I heard directed toward the Cards' bench during games against Steve Kragthorpe or Bobby Petrino teams were as vile as anything I remember -- and I've covered games in more than 50 college football stadiums.

My sense is WVU sees itself as a Top 20 program. Top 40 is more like it.

My take is WVU is a program that lost its head coach to a program in the American Athletic Conference.

West Virginia thought it put one over on college football by fleeing the Big East for the Big 12. Now the program flounders in a league miles from its nearest Big 12 competitor.

Who's the Mountaineers' primary rival? Iowa State?

It’s a nice program. It's just not as nice and wonderful and nationally relevant as WVU fans believe that it is

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News