ADVERTISEMENT

Unofficial ISU game thread

Doege can fumble, throw picks, get sacked for 10+ plus yards, miss wide open WRs, float out passes that put his WRs on the chopping block, but then throw one TD where the WR makes a great catch, or go 8-10 on passes under 6 yards, and kneel forgets about all the bad that typically defines his play.

It's like an abusive relationship. He'll blacken your eye for the dinner being cold, or she'll smash your TV over a coworker's text, but he'll sent you flowers, or she'll buy you a new 8k, and you think all is well.

Right on cue, BFW makes an insane catch. Wash away that pick 6. It's like it never happened.
Greene 1 dimensional and sucks so what are you going to do?

I don't think WVU can hang on here. Given too many freebies to ISU with big plays and then that horrible pick 6. I don't have faith that the offense will consistently be able to answer possession after possession. Hope I'm wrong, but so far this season the offense hasn't given me much reason to be hopeful.

I hate to say it, Brown is either slow or ISU is really fast. He has had some holes where I was expecting a big run and ISU closes enough to keep it to less than 10 yards

And they burned a timeout, and have confusion between the RB and QB on a simple handoff. Exhibit A of "in over his head"

Greene 1 dimensional and sucks so what are you going to do?
At least Greene has a dimension. Doege's sycophants speak of his lead feet almost like a joke (similar to the light-hearted jabs at Tom Brady's mobility) as if he also had a precision, cannon arm.

They act like he's a statue in the pocket but also picks apart defenses and has impeccable game management. But instead, he relies on WRs to make incredible catches and great YAC plays to pad his TD and yard stats. He's also zero threat to pick up 5 yards with his feet. Furthermore, for the last three games, the objective play-by-play guys have mentioned his questionable decision-making.

So honestly, what does he do well?

I dunno, that replay looks like ISU guy may have been in. Either way, Bartlett really ****ed up on that previous play by leaving his feet when he had Prudy dead to rights for a sack

Well that's great. Still made mistakes and still have more work to do, but this is starting to look like where we should be at this point.

Good win but talk about home cooking. Definitely wasn’t a fumble at the goal line and Purdy got the 1st on their last drive.

Good win but talk about home cooking. Definitely wasn’t a fumble at the goal line and Purdy got the 1st on their last drive.
The fumble was a toss up. The PI call that negated a 45 yard gain, killed a drive, and turned into a pick 6 wasn't. Purdy may have had the first down, but really, the score should have been 38-24 anyway. The way the team was clicking, maybe even 41 or 45 to 24.

ISU should look back on this game objectively and know that they got some breaks.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
No quit two weeks in a row. Much better efforts since player's meetings. Much better play calling...and execution. Disciplined. Good job team. Good job coaches.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
There were plenty of piss poor officiating calls to go around and WVU still made big mistakes on defense and has issues with run blocking as well as Doege still making some mistakes. However the line protected much better today. And Doege played really well. Unlike games past, he really made plays down field and was able to hit on vertical routes instead of dink and dunk plays. Defense needs to get their run stopping game together. The D-line also needs to get better at finishing plays and tackling. They got pressure, but there were a few sacks that WVU left on the field and on the play where Purdy questionable made the first down, a blatantly missed tackle let him get those extra 8-10 yards.

SUCK IT PURDY. Suck it haters.

was a fumble and you haters will swear it wasn't.

8723265.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: WVUALLEN
This is the first game in a long time where I felt like they were playing well enough to overcome bad breaks and bone-head plays.

Probably the first time in Brown's tenure. And I'll admit, I was happy to see his elation in the middle of the field after the final.

Reactions: Rootmaster
There were plenty of piss poor officiating calls to go around and WVU still made big mistakes on defense and has issues with run blocking as well as Doege still making some mistakes. However the line protected much better today. And Doege played really well. Unlike games past, he really made plays down field and was able to hit on vertical routes instead of dink and dunk plays. Defense needs to get their run stopping game together. The D-line also needs to get better at finishing plays and tackling. They got pressure, but there were a few sacks that WVU left on the field and on the play where Purdy questionable made the first down, a blatantly missed tackle let him get those extra 8-10 yards.
Would not have mattered as there was a penalty and run off on the next play. Take the win enjoy and nit pic tomorrow.

There were only 3 bad calls and several no calls. With 2 of the 3 bad calls going against WVU.

One of the INT was Bryce Ford-Wheaton as he dropped the ball into the defenders hands.

The Pick 6 was a telegraphed throw. My 93 year old mother could have picked that one and scored.

WVU dominated the line of scrimmage and won. Could of would have should have won by 14.

ISU got no sacks on the day and WVU O-Line pushed around the number 1 defense all day.

Better late than never, but the saying goes you are never as bad as you think when your lose or as good as you think when you win. WVU still has plenty of things to work on and while I may be a "hater" for this, I haven't lost sight of the fact that what we saw on the field today is what WVU should have been from the start. I'll even grant that today represents what WVU should have been after LIU game having 2 games to work out the "kinks."

This is the first game in a long time where I felt like they were playing well enough to overcome bad breaks and bone-head plays.

Probably the first time in Brown's tenure. And I'll admit, I was happy to see his elation in the middle of the field after the final.
I was happy to see him fired up on the sidelines after officiating called a ghostly offensive pass interference on WVU.

Would not have mattered as there was a penalty and run off on the next play. Take the win enjoy and nit pic tomorrow.

There were only 3 bad calls and several no calls. With 2 of the 3 bad calls going against WVU.

One of the INT was Bryce Ford-Wheaton as he dropped the ball into the defenders hands.

The Pick 6 was a telegraphed throw. My 93 year old mother could have picked that one and scored.

WVU dominated the line of scrimmage and won. Could of would have should have won by 14.

I don't think the bad calls really pushed the game in one direction or the other, but there was plenty of stupid officiating calls. Like I said, Doege played really well. His pick 6 was a disastrous play, but unlike in games past where his dink and dunk style doesn't make up for it as it usually eventually stalls drives when he misses a throw, this time he was able to push the ball down field and find the end zone. The first pick was definitely on Ford-Wheaton who made up for it with that impressive second TD catch. It was a great win, but plenty of tape here for our next opponent to dissect especially for the defense.

Better late than never, but the saying goes you are never as bad as you think when your lose or as good as you think when you win. WVU still has plenty of things to work on and while I may be a "hater" for this, I haven't lost sight of the fact that what we saw on the field today is what WVU should have been from the start. I'll even grant that today represents what WVU should have been after LIU game having 2 games to work out the "kinks."
Play all year like we did today and we are probably 7-1 maybe 6-2. It's not perfect yet may never be. Probably shouldn't ever be perfect because you should learn each week. Even if we lose this one I would be happy at the effort.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT