ADVERTISEMENT

UCONN???

Really? that's the best the Big XII can do?

It is a weak move. UConn dilutes football and only adds some basketball appeal. The latter hardly compensates for the former. The Big XII is in a position of strength to lock up the second tier FBS conference when the ACC inevitably restructures. I don't see how this improves the Big XII currently or improves the chances of the Big XII adding the best available from the ACC when it moves in a similar direction as the PAC 12.

It is a weak move. UConn dilutes football and only adds some basketball appeal. The latter hardly compensates for the former. The Big XII is in a position of strength to lock up the second tier FBS conference when the ACC inevitably restructures. I don't see how this improves the Big XII currently or improves the chances of the Big XII adding the best available from the ACC when it moves in a similar direction as the PAC 12.
I thought the talks were for everything but football. I may be wrong.

That would certainly make more sense. However if the future is a 20-24 team mega conference, why add non football members and create an even more unwieldy basketball conference?
All other sports now. FB in '31 to give them time to get the program back up to speed. They were very competitive in the BE days. Donors pledging cash.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT