ADVERTISEMENT

UCONN, Cincy, UCF and Houston to the Big12?

Maybe I tweet that the Big 12 disbands and most teams go to other P5 conferences....WVU left out.

Would that be thread worthy...?

UCF is the largest university in Florida, correct? That would be a smart choice by the Big 12. I like those additions, but cannot imagine Texas allowing Houston. UCONN and Cincy would be sweet for WVU fans to travel. And a lot of alumni in Florida as well for UCF.

UCF is the largest university in Florida, correct? That would be a smart choice by the Big 12. I like those additions, but cannot imagine Texas allowing Houston. UCONN and Cincy would be sweet for WVU fans to travel. And a lot of alumni in Florida as well for UCF.

UCf would be fine except for 0 - 12 in the AAC. UCF and USF bring similar numbers of TV sets and both have access to a wealth of talent. Which one is truly the next 'sleeping giant' in Florida?

While nothing is set until there is ink on a contract, of the seven viable candidates, Cincinnati is first on that list.

Really?

I guess a vote won't even be needed if the Big 12 decides to expand... ...since you magically know the most coveted team the large majority of the conference desires.

Even though a lot of Mountaineer forum fans like to deride UCF....here are a few fun facts for all to consider. Think market. Think potential. Think tv eyeballs for a possible network.

University of Central Florida is in Orlando Florida with an enrollment of 60,767. It is the second largest university campus in the United States. Play home games in Bright House Networks Stadium with a 45,000 capacity. Orlando metro market is home to 2.3 million.

There is nothing wrong with UCF for the future if they decide we ARE going to succeed in football. But USF is in an equal market and is dedicated to football success. I have no problem with taking them both along with Cincy and whoever provides the most cable TVs. I have no special affinity for Cincy, but they have been earning it and bring 2.2 million people to the network.

Really?

I guess a vote won't even be needed if the Big 12 decides to expand... ...since you magically know the most coveted team the large majority of the conference desires.

I am not entirely convinced that you are stupid as you try to portray yourself, but you can be very convincing at times...just saying.

I am not magically picking anyone. All one needs to do is read the various news articles, interviews from Boren, Gee and a few others on the possible candidate list and Cincinnati is always on whatever list is being discussed. It is a common denominator. It is called deduction, not magic.

It is not my nature to be snarky with others but you are intentionally stupid at times and make absurd comments based on the thinnest veneer of an assumption that only you see as logical. I am not sure what your problem is or even if you have more than one, but you are definitely one of those posters that should wait 5 minutes after you typed something before you hit send. You come across as an idiot more often than you think.

Reactions: michaelwalkerbr
Just don't see the value in the Florida directional schools. They won't ever be better than 4th and 5th in their own state in football
They are terrible in basketball. They're commuter schools. They are behind the
curve in facilities.
If we must expand, I can see Cincy. Uconn
Seems better than the Florida directional schools. Uconn is in a bigger tv market, has more name recognition, has a great bball program and has a decent on campus stadium and about as much history of success as usf and ucf on the field.
If anything BYU is better than both fla schools and uconn- there must be a way to resolve their Sunday issues. If so, invite cincy and byu. If not then invite cincy and uconn.
  • UCF is the largest university in Florida, correct? That would be a smart choice by the Big 12. I like those additions, but cannot imagine Texas allowing Houston. UCONN and Cincy would be sweet for WVU fans to travel. And a lot of alumni in Florida as well for UCF.

20 million people in the state of Florida. Last time WVU played at USF there were sixty five thousands butts in the seats. 2.7 million people in the Tampa Bay metro area. TVs, TVs and more TVs. I like UConn but to their administration football is a necessary evil. They really got behind the Big East and got burned. If the networks advise UConn and no Florida schools, so be it. But that really is the bottom line. I don't know how you ignore that many TVs.

Reactions: bluesjoc
BYU, maybe if they let go of half their demands, including their network. Colorado State, 32,000 students, largest university in Colorado, land grant research university, sounds great. How about facilities? Football - Beautiful new 41,000 seat stadium, agree to increase it to 50,000. Basketball - Your 50 yr old 8,700 seat arena has to go extensive modernization and expansion or be replaced. Commit to real facilities on the power 5 level in order to become a power 5 school. Would love to see it happen.

The other choices are far from garbage, have you seen what Cincy has done and is committing to do? And you dismiss 20 million people in Florida?

Reactions: bluesjoc
WVU was forced to spend $150 million on upgrades and new facilities with a 60,000 seat football stadium and 14,000 seat basketball arena. Get ready, CSU, UCF, etc. You wanna play with the big boys, it's gonna cost you at first.

Four....Cincinnati, Connecticut, USF and UCF....that's over 50 million in new cable tv market penetration. say money. Colorado State? They do have a great ski team.

Just don't see the value in the Florida directional schools. They won't ever be better than 4th and 5th in their own state in football
They are terrible in basketball. They're commuter schools. They are behind the
curve in facilities.
If we must expand, I can see Cincy. Uconn
Seems better than the Florida directional schools. Uconn is in a bigger tv market, has more name recognition, has a great bball program and has a decent on campus stadium and about as much history of success as usf and ucf on the field.
If anything BYU is better than both fla schools and uconn- there must be a way to resolve their Sunday issues. If so, invite cincy and byu. If not then invite cincy and uconn.

UConn's stadium is not "on campus" as you said. The campus is in Storrs and the stadium is in East Hartford.... not that it makes that much of a difference..... but it's not on campus.

You come across as an idiot more often than you think.

Claiming Cincy is first on the Big 12 expansion list because they're simply a common denominator is magical.

It's like your most recent disclosure stating that you can read my mind. ....based on nothing but a guess.

-------------

A smart and educated person doesn't need to use personal insults as a crutch. ....unless that person can't rationally explain a magic trick (aka using sleight of hand ).

Last edited:
If any one of those teams get invited to join the Big 12..............I'm moving to Puerto Rico!

Some WVU forum fans have become so elitist about those schools not in the BIg 12-2=10. Maybe it is because of all the success DH has bestowed on the program? LOL. Just wonderin'

It's kind of funny that the first game played at Milan Puskar Stadium when it was opened in 1980 was against Cincinnati. Now we're too good to play them in a conference game because they are where we once were. The last time WVU played USF in Tampa Bay they kicked our asses in front of 65,000 fans. It was #18 USF over #5 WVU. Now they are also stranded as we almost were. Of course WVU can't lower itself to play them as conference rivals again. How short our memories are.

20 million people in the state of Florida. Last time WVU played at USF there were sixty five thousands butts in the seats. 2.7 million people in the Tampa Bay metro area. TVs, TVs and more TVs. I like UConn but to their administration football is a necessary evil. They really got behind the Big East and got burned. If the networks advise UConn and no Florida schools, so be it. But that really is the bottom line. I don't know how you ignore that many TVs.
UConn brings in the NYC market. That is what got Rutgers into the Big 10.

Just invite Cincinnati and Colorado St. They're decent in both sports and seem to be more committed to sports than either UCF or USF.
Cinncinatti can SUCK the longest and thickest 4 life..I have as much hatred for cinnci as most of us have for Penn,sPitt and/or Vagina Tech

Well Lenny I'm sure that all the Presidents in the conference will take your well thought out and articulated comments to heart when considering schools for expansion. Would Salem International or Concord be alright?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT