ADVERTISEMENT

Two recipes that were a big hit with Sooner fans...

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
Thought I would pass them on...

Whats on the menu Week 1

Crock Pot Cheese Steaks

Ingredients:
3 1/2 lbs. tri tip steak
1 1/2 cups beef broth
2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
2 Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 tsp. onion salt
2 Tbs. olive oil
2 large onions, sliced
1 large green bell pepper, sliced
1 large red bell pepper, sliced
1 tsp. salt
20 Slices American cheese
10 Italian sub rolls, split

Preparation:
Place the beef in the crockpot. In a medium bowl, whisk together the beef broth, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, crushed garlic, black pepper and onion salt. Pour this mixture over the beef and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Remove the cooked beef from the broth and set aside. Reserve the broth. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, peppers and salt and cook until the vegetables are soft. About 5 minutes. Slice the beef thinly and divide the beef and vegetables evenly among the sub rolls. Top each sandwich with cheese of your choice wrap in foil. Place sandwiches in preheated oven and heat until the cheese is melted; about 8-10 minutes.[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]----------[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]Crock Pot Pork Tacos
Pork Tenderloin
Can of crushed pineapple (I use the smaller size)
1 teaspoon red pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 onion dices (I use red)
1 small diced jalapeno
1 can of Rotel (I like Hot)
some cilantro
salt to taste (I actually use very little)

place all ingredients in crock pot add only a 1/2 to 3/4 cup water, cook 8 hours on low, remove from juices shred pork, I use corn tortillas, red cabbage, cilantro, and pico as the toppings with a cilantro, lime jalapeno ranch sauce to make it dice about 1/2 a small jalapeno, use about a table spoon of lime juice a few sprigs of cilantro and smash it up really good in a bowl or use the food processor add sour cream and packet of hidden valley stir well and enjoy.
[/QUOTE]

They both sound very tasty. Good luck trying to find a tri tip cut in Motown though. Haven't found it yet.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

I don't think it's easy to find tri tip east of the Mississippi at all. Only people I've know that cook in regularly live in California. I'm sure you can go to a butcher and request it, though. I'm sure you can use other similar cuts and get similar results.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT