ADVERTISEMENT

Two great lines from Trump’s speech

CAJUNEER

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
"At the center of this movement is a crucial conviction: that a nation exists to serve its citizens.”

"We will seek friendship and goodwill with the nations of the world -- but we do so with the understanding that it is the right of all nations to put their own interests first."

Terry Moran said Trump's message of America First had anti-semitic overtones. The media is on their death bed and comments like this add more poison to their already decaying health.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
Terry Moran said Trump's message of America First had anti-semitic overtones. The media is on their death bed and comments like this add more poison to their already decaying health.

To me it adds more credibility to their unadulterated stupidity.

"At the center of this movement is a crucial conviction: that a nation exists to serve its citizens.”

"We will seek friendship and goodwill with the nations of the world -- but we do so with the understanding that it is the right of all nations to put their own interests first."

the first @ 7:10 in the above recording... the second @ 13:10...

After listening to Obama's speeches over the years it is so heartening to hear Trump use the term "we" rather than Obama's preferred pronoun, "I".

I was happy to hear a U.S. President say the words "Radical Islamic Terrorists"

I was actually starting to think it was just "workplace violence" or "ideological extremism"? Didn't think Islamic radicals had anything to do with it really...I mean that's what Obama said isn't it?

I was happy to hear a U.S. President say the words "Radical Islamic Terrorists"

I was actually starting to think it was just "workplace violence" or "ideological extremism"? Didn't think Islamic radicals had anything to do with it really...I mean that's what Obama said isn't it?

My wife is a Lebanese and Syrian Christian. We have many, many Muslim friends. And we have discussed terrorism at length. They are not offended at all when I used the term radical islamists. They agree with it. They are at least as angry as we are about them. They feel they are destroying Islam. They hate what they are doing to the their native countries and the impact they are having on young people in particular.

And while many had some reservations about Trump, they were more worried about Hillary. My guess is that roughly 75% voted for Trump.

Reactions: lenny4wvu and WVU82
My wife is a Lebanese and Syrian Christian. We have many, many Muslim friends. And we have discussed terrorism at length. They are not offended at all when I used the term radical islamists. They agree with it. They are at least as angry as we are about them. They feel they are destroying Islam. They hate what they are doing to the their native countries and the impact they are having on young people in particular.

And while many had some reservations about Trump, they were more worried about Hillary. My guess is that roughly 75% voted for Trump.

I also know several Blacks who are Muslim...very warm and friendly. They think the radicals are not only crazy, but Evil. To speak with these folks, is to understand what being in a state of "Islam" or "submission" to a Godly peaceful existence is supposed to be like.
http://muslimvoices.org/word-islam-meaning/

Nothing like the Dudes chopping off heads, and blowing up shopping markets.

Last edited:
Reactions: lenny4wvu and WVU82
I also know several Blacks who are Muslim...very warm and friendly. They think the radicals are not only crazy, but Evil. To speak with these folks, is to understand what being in a state of "Islam" or "Peaceful existence" is supposed to be like.

Nothing like the Dudes chopping off heads, and blowing up shopping markets.

It's been a great learning experience for me. Understanding the differences between Shia and Sunni's. Informed about the Druze religion. Being educated about Wahhabism and how dangerous it is. Gaining insight into how western many Shia are (outside of Iran of course). I have traveled to Beirut a couple of times. They have gay bars. Bikini beaches. Great nightclubs. Just a beautiful country. On the beach one moment and in snow covered mountain tops 45 minutes later.

It's been a great learning experience for me. Understanding the differences between Shia and Sunni's. Informed about the Druze religion. Being educated about Wahhabism and how dangerous it is. Gaining insight into how western many Shia are (outside of Iran of course). I have traveled to Beirut a couple of times. They have gay bars. Bikini beaches. Great nightclubs. Just a beautiful country. On the beach one moment and in snow covered mountain tops 45 minutes later.

I know a guy from Abu Dhabi (UAE) he says much of the same things Pax.

The lifestyles over there are chic...highly sophisticated, beautiful Women, first class restaurants, fabulous schools, theaters, high fashion, museums, ornate palaces for homes where the oil Sheiks live...just deluxe all the way around.

They actually love America, Americans, and embrace Western lifestyles. Yet, they are still Muslim. So it just depends on what sect of the Religion you follow, just as you mentioned.

Face it, there are some pretty whacked out versions of Christians too. I can't stand Jehovah's Witnesses...a lot of them are Black and annoy the Hell out of me!

I know a guy from Abu Dhabi (UAE) he says much of the same things Pax.

The lifestyles over there are chic...highly sophisticated, beautiful Women, first class restaurants, fabulous schools, theaters, high fashion, museums, ornate palaces for homes where the oil Sheiks live...just deluxe all the way around.

They actually love America, Americans, and embrace Western lifestyles. Yet, they are still Muslim. So it just depends on what sect of the Religion you follow, just as you mentioned.

Face it, there are some pretty whacked out versions of Christians too. I can't stand Jehovah's Witnesses...a lot of them are Black and annoy the Hell out of me!

They LOVE Americans. You can't believe it. So nice to be in a country that feels this way about us. And actually, Lebanon is about 50-50% Christian. I think it was about 80% Christian in the 80's or so. In fact, by law, the President of Lebanon must be Christian.

Very hospitable. And as you said, gorgeous women, absolutely stunning. Very western. Very expensive. Once called the Paris of the Middle East. But downtown, you'll see some bombed out buildings still standing. Everyday for about 2 hours, they lose their electricity. Not at the better hotels because of generators, but it impacts the poor. And their downtown condos on the beach sell for millions to many millions.

The strangest part to me is that license plates can be very, very valuable. A friend who lives there was bequeathed his father's license plate. It has 3 digits and is worth about $20K. A license plate in Dubai with the number 1 sold for $1M, I believe. If a license plate has any letters, it is worthless. The fewer the numbers on the plate the more valuable.

They LOVE Americans. You can't believe it. So nice to be in a country that feels this way about us. And actually, Lebanon is about 50-50% Christian. I think it was about 80% Christian in the 80's or so. In fact, by law, the President of Lebanon must be Christian.

Very hospitable. And as you said, gorgeous women, absolutely stunning. Very western. Very expensive. Once called the Paris of the Middle East. But downtown, you'll see some bombed out buildings still standing. Everyday for about 2 hours, they lose their electricity. Not at the better hotels because of generators, but it impacts the poor. And their downtown condos on the beach sell for millions to many millions.

The strangest part to me is that license plates can be very, very valuable. A friend who lives there was bequeathed his father's license plate. It has 3 digits and is worth about $20K. A license plate in Dubai with the number 1 sold for $1M, I believe. If a license plate has any letters, it is worthless. The fewer the numbers on the plate the more valuable.

That's interesting.

In UAE...all education is free...even College. Paid for by oil revenues...all citizens get educated for free because their society places a high value on intelligence and competence.

You never see winos out on the streets, my friend says it's spotless all the time, everyone works, everyone makes good money, no one is "poor".

Chicks look like movie stars. I'm going there with him soon.

Amazing.

That's interesting.

In UAE...all education is free...even College. Paid for by oil revenues...all citizens get educated for free because their society places a high value on intelligence and competence.

You never see winos out on the streets, my friend says it's spotless all the time, everyone works, everyone makes good money, no one is "poor".

Chicks look like movie stars. I'm going there with him soon.

Amazing.

Many of the kingdoms provide extraordinary benefits. The reason is that they have to keep the people happy or risk being overthrown. So they use oil money to keep them happy. Saudi Arabia needs oil priced at $110/bbl. to maintain their current level of social spending. They are quickly draining their cash reserves.

But these gulf countries have very, very strict laws. In Dubai, for example, if you date a woman from Dubai and she registers a charge against you (even if it is false), you are jailed and then deported. If you speed, it is a huge multi-thousand dollar fine. Same with running a red light. The cops in Dubai drive Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, even Bugatti's. Amazing. Visiting Dubai was great, the city amazing, everything is new, but you have to be very, very careful. Not at all as western as Beirut. Money laundering center of the world. Many, many Russian and Eastern European prostitutes.

Many of the kingdoms provide extraordinary benefits. The reason is that they have to keep the people happy or risk being overthrown. So they use oil money to keep them happy. Saudi Arabia needs oil priced at $110/bbl. to maintain their current level of social spending. They are quickly draining their cash reserves.

But these gulf countries have very, very strict laws. In Dubai, for example, if you date a woman from Dubai and she registers a charge against you (even if it is false), you are jailed and then deported. If you speed, it is a huge multi-thousand dollar fine. Same with running a red light. The cops in Dubai drive Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, even Bugatti's. Amazing. Visiting Dubai was great, the city amazing, everything is new, but you have to be very, very careful. Not at all as western as Beirut. Money laundering center of the world. Many, many Russian and Eastern European prostitutes.

Yes all true. This is why my friend says he prefers Abu Dhabi...it's just different there.

The Left would not be happy over there. Homosexuality? Strictly forbidden. Abortions? Unthinkable.

No "worshiping" or refusing to allow expressions of "God" in public places?

Ostracism. Atheism? Sacrilege!

America is truly unique in our ability to co exist with various forms of debauchery, and maintain our sanity.

Agreed...great quote! And we will do just that rest assured....let's hope things work out....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT