ADVERTISEMENT

Tweeter in Chief wants to ban flag burning and sentence those who burn to loss....

Let him go ask Siri about Constitution 101 first. Trust me, he will back off.
New York Times DEC. 7, 2005
Hillary Clinton is co-sponsoring a bill to criminalize the burning of the American flag. Her supporters would characterize this as an attempt to find a middle way between those who believe that flag-burning is constitutionally protected free speech and those who want to ban it, even if it takes a constitutional amendment. Unfortunately, it looks to us more like a simple attempt to have it both ways.

Hillary Clinton is co-sponsoring a bill to criminalize the burning of the American flag. Her supporters would characterize this as an attempt to find a middle way between those who believe that flag-burning is constitutionally protected free speech and those who want to ban it, even if it takes a constitutional amendment. Unfortunately, it looks to us more like a simple attempt to have it both ways.

Hillary isn't the President-Elect.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/307920-dem-senator-ill-beat-the-hell-out-of-you-for-burning-flags

Dem senator: I’ll ‘beat the hell out of you’ for burning flag

manchinjoe_gregnash.jpg

Sen.Joe Manchin(D-W.Va.) lashed out at flag burning on Tuesday after President-elect
Donald Trump raised the issue.

“It’s a First Amendment right, but you do it in front of me, I’m going to beat the hell out of you,” Manchin said, according to a Roll Call reporter.

Manchin is up for reelection during the 2018 cycle in a state that Trump won by more than 40 points. His comment came after Trumpfloated legal consequences for those who burn the American flag, which the Supreme Court ruled is protected as free speech.

“Nobody should be allowed to burn the American flag – if they do, there must be consequences – perhaps loss of citizenship or jail,” Trump tweeted Tuesday morning.

Trump did not say what inspired his tweet. The Supreme Court ruled in Texas v. Johnson in 1989 that the First Amendment allows flag burning. A spokesman for Trump doubled down later Tuesday, arguing that the practice should be outlawed.

“I think most Americans would agree with me that flag burning should be illegal,” Jason Miller told CNN’s “New Day." "It’s completely despicable.”

Some Republicans have pushed back against Trump's position.

“We have a First Amendment right,” House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.)saidon MSNBC’s “Morning Joe." "We’ll protect our First Amendment. That’s what the court has upheld.

“I don’t see why anybody would want to burn an American flag,” added McCarthy, who backed Trump’s presidential bid. "It’s the greatest symbol of freedom.

“[America is] a country that was conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. I don’t see why someone would want to burn [its flag].”

Republican Reps.Sean Duffy(Wis.) andJustin Amash(Mich.) also said Tuesday they believe flag burning is protected speech even though they dislike the practice.

He wants to revoke their citizenship for it. He knows so little about how all of this works....

Reactions: WVUBRU

Is SHE the president-elect???? Nope. Was she a FORMER president? Nope.

Why do you continue referencing her to everything. It has nothing to do with her....

of citizenship. The man clearly does not understand the Constitution and the 1st Amendment. God help us....

Doc,

There is a law that was passed in the Vietnam era; that makes it a crime punishible by a fine , maybe jail time ( not sure) of this . Google USC 18, 700. You cannot deface or defile the National Flag. As for the not honoring or not recognizing Old Glory, The Jehovahs Witnesses have been doing that forever.

Trump and his cowering cult boys could give two shits about dodging the draft though. Say's everything.

Is SHE the president-elect???? Nope. Was she a FORMER president? Nope.

Why do you continue referencing her to everything. It has nothing to do with her....
Because the leader of the opposition party declared her the most qualified cadidate for the office?

310 electoral votes is a pretty big win. 37 states elected Trump. 37-13 is a big margin. Keep up that losers limp moron.

-2 million = landslide win in dumb dave's world.

You are the gift that just keeps on giving.

Says the guy who claimed Obama cut the deficit in half while doubling the debt. Why do you try?

If you understood the difference between debt and deficit and the compounding of interest on the debt, you might understand. And for the record, I never said Obama cut the deficit in half. I did say he reduced the deficit, which was clearly displayed by the graph.

If I were you, I would change the subject from the number of electoral votes too. You clearly didn't even understand there are 538 electoral votes.

If you understood the difference between debt and deficit and the compounding of interest on the debt, you might understand. And for the record, I never said Obama cut the deficit in half. I did say he reduced the deficit, which was clearly displayed by the graph.

If I were you, I would change the subject from the number of electoral votes too. You clearly didn't even understand there are 538 electoral votes.
Oh no. I was off by one vote. Unlike you I didnt google it. The exact number wasnt important since your math was off by over 2 million. I do understand the difference between debt and deficit and you dont double the debt by reducing the deficit outside of fantasyland and any chart you can find that says otherwise is wrong.

Oh no. I was off by one vote. Unlike you I didnt google it. The exact number wasnt important since your math was off by over 2 million. I do understand the difference between debt and deficit and you dont double the debt by reducing the deficit outside of fantasyland and any chart you can find that says otherwise is wrong.

310+239=549. You were not off by one. You just can't keep your foot out of your mouth. The 2 million I referenced was the popular vote. I didn't realize I would have to spell it out for you, most people would understand. And with you, I don't even have to try.

310+239=549. You were not off by one. You just can't keep your foot out of your mouth. The 2 million I referenced was the popular vote. I didn't realize I would have to spell it out for you, most people would understand. And with you, I don't even have to try.
You dont have to spell it out moron. I know exactly what you were referencing and the popular vote is completely irrelevant. You are scoring the wrong game. How many ways do you need to hear it before reality sinks in? Hillary got blown out. Even you admitted it when I coaxed you into quoting the score.

You dont have to spell it out moron. I know exactly what you were referencing and the popular vote is completely irrelevant. You are scoring the wrong game. How many ways do you need to hear it before reality sinks in? Hillary got blown out. Even you admitted it when I coaxed you into quoting the score.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT