ADVERTISEMENT

🔥🔥BREAKING🔥🔥 Tshiebwe steps away from West Virginia basketball

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – West Virginia University men's basketball sophomore forward Oscar Tshiebwe is stepping away from the program due to personal reasons, coach Bob Huggins announced today.

"Oscar has our full support, and we certainly wish him the best during this time," Huggins said.

Tshiebwe is averaging 8.5 points and 7.8 rebounds through 10 games this season.

Good Lord, these kids...Konate all over again. And right in the middle of the season.

Last edited:
I wonder if a coach talking sh1t about players and using specific names in the post-game has anything to do with it.

So basically we lost 2 big men within a week. Not good. Oscar certainly hasn't looked as good as most of us were hoping he would this season tho. He has regressed a bit since last season, but he always seems to get in foul trouble early and that doesnt help. He is probably not getting along with Huggs or someone else within the program.

Well that sucks. After last year, we had high hopes. I really hope Oscar gets better and is able to live up to his potential rather than following the path of so many other 4 and 5 star recruits WVU has had in the past.

Ok read the press conference notes. pretty easy to read between the lines.
Huggs is pretty much saying that Oscar was being needy and complained about his role.

In short, he obviously didn't work on his game in a very long off season. His shooting is as limited as it was and his ball handling didn't progress.
That being said, these other guys need to step up and losing Cottrell is a much bigger problem today. I hate to think Oscar chose this moment in order to further hurt his team.

Last thought? Konate has been in his ear and likely is still salty about his departure from WVU so he poisoned the water. Konate is likely regretting his choice, so why not vent his frustration by leveraging Oscar against Huggins?

He will end up transferring somewhere so he can be "the man".

He will end up transferring to Europe where his agent can make money off of him. Have heard he is in Miami practicing and working out for NBA draft. Good luck Oscar. Now we find out if you were the cancer and the whiner.

He will end up transferring to Europe where his agent can make money off of him. Have heard he is in Miami practicing and working out for NBA draft. Good luck Oscar. Now we find out if you were the cancer and the whiner.

double edge sword with recruiting players from areas of poverty. The wrong person can easily sway their minds...

Players keep leaving and the one common denominator: Coach

But hey lets blame the players because they arent allowed to have feelings, an opinion, or look out for their best interests.

Just here to serve hateful fans and dictatorial coaches making millions right?

• Angry
Reactions: ChattanoogaEER

But hey lets blame the players because they arent allowed to have feelings, an opinion, or look out for their best interests.

You are a sad, sad individual if you truly believe what you type. You blame the coach for a player quitting? The player had the opportunity stay. He was starting every game. Was a big part of the offense. His PT was cut because of his own actions (fouls, lack of hustle/defense). This has nothing to do with Huggins or any coach. I challenge you to watch Tom Izzo. How does he deal with players? I remind you, many blasted Huggs for Eron Harris leaving and where did he go? Tom Izzo. Who is a carbon copy of Huggs as far as how he yells, speaks, etc.

You are a moron. Hugs is a HOF coach.

Reactions: Euell
Oscar Happy New Year wishes were not very happy. At least he was smart enough to cancel his social media profiles.

Reactions: RoanokeVAEer
I wonder if a coach talking sh1t about players and using specific names in the post-game has anything to do with it.

I say it has more to do with an agent looking to make money by filling a kids head full of cotton candy.

I've never heard Huggins use a players name specifically when talking of a whiner or complainer. Poor play that's a different story.

Would you prefer these kids be coddled and kissed goodnight and tucked into their beds?

Reactions: RoanokeVAEer
I actually think this is the best thing

Huggins isn't forced to put both on the floor even though it hurts them

Culver
Gabe
Sherman
McNeil
McBride

Reactions: WVUALLEN
You are a sad, sad individual if you truly believe what you type. You blame the coach for a player quitting? The player had the opportunity stay. He was starting every game. Was a big part of the offense. His PT was cut because of his own actions (fouls, lack of hustle/defense). This has nothing to do with Huggins or any coach. I challenge you to watch Tom Izzo. How does he deal with players? I remind you, many blasted Huggs for Eron Harris leaving and where did he go? Tom Izzo. Who is a carbon copy of Huggs as far as how he yells, speaks, etc.
I would have to say that Izzo is much more toxic toward players

Players keep leaving and yet you stay?
Shame.

Reactions: WVUALLEN

Stfu muraca777

I actually think this is the best thing

Huggins isn't forced to put both on the floor even though it hurts them

Culver
Gabe
Sherman
McNeil
McBride

Actually has been our best defensive and offensive unit with Matthews subbing for either Sherman or Gabe depending on the need.

Yeah it has absolutely nothing to do with Erik Martin being awful and the terrible track record of this staff development of NBA players.

In Huggs we trust by God! Another 2nd round banner a comin.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

In all sincerity I hope Oscar is OK and there isn't anything terribly wrong with him from a physical or mental standpoint. However, lets not forget the fact he did walk out and quit on his team almost halfway through the season. Now it's looking like he's thinking of transferring to Miami, if rumors are true? Very shady. Oscar certainly isn't making himself look like the good guy through this. I'll trust Hugg's judgement on this one.

Reactions: Euell
In all sincerity I hope Oscar is OK and there isn't anything terribly wrong with him from a physical or mental standpoint. However, lets not forget the fact he did walk out and quit on his team almost halfway through the season. Now it's looking like he's thinking of transferring to Miami, if rumors are true? Very shady. Oscar certainly isn't making himself look like the good guy through this. I'll trust Hugg's judgement on this one.

He is far worse this year than last year and the biggest deficit is the intensity and hustle are way down. Those things are completely under the player's control outside of medical issues/injuries. So it's hard to see how Oscar is the most righteous one here. I'd rather see ineffectual play due to lack of skill/talent than laziness any day. With his size and athletic ability,, Oscar should be balling out down low like the bigs WVU used to face and wish we had in our old Big East days. At the very least he shouldn't be getting out rebounded by guys smaller and shorter than him. It's hard to see how the fact that he isn't is due to something other than his own choice not to play as hard as he can.

Reactions: Mystic Mountie
Unlike schools like Duke, Kansas and UK, he is not getting paid to play here, so why risk injury and loss of pay? With all the hype he received, he thinks the NBA is a lock. Just ask his agent.

He is far worse this year than last year and the biggest deficit is the intensity and hustle are way down. Those things are completely under the player's control outside of medical issues/injuries. So it's hard to see how Oscar is the most righteous one here. I'd rather see ineffectual play due to lack of skill/talent than laziness any day. With his size and athletic ability,, Oscar should be balling out down low like the bigs WVU used to face and wish we had in our old Big East days. At the very least he shouldn't be getting out rebounded by guys smaller and shorter than him. It's hard to see how the fact that he isn't is due to something other than his own choice not to play as hard as he can.

Agreed. I almost feel like those 8.0ppg and 8.0rpg are a bit inflated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT