ADVERTISEMENT

Trump vs. Trump, again: Judge cites presidential tweets as he blocks DACA phaseout

moe

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Fayetteville, WV
Trump's own tweets do him in (again), what a retard.

“Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!” the president wrote in a Sept. 14 tweet. Another read: “Congress now has 6 months to legalize DACA (something the Obama Administration was unable to do). If they can’t, I will revisit this issue!”

Those lines seemed to capture the program’s benefits in a nutshell, Alsup wrote in a 49-page order.

“We seem to be in the unusual position wherein the ultimate authority over the agency, the Chief Executive, publicly favors the very program the agency has ended,” the judge wrote. “For the reasons DACA was instituted and for the reasons tweeted by President Trump, this order finds that the public interest will be served by DACA’s continuation.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...&utm_term=.b8bce979457a&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

“Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!” the president wrote in a Sept. 14 tweet. Another read: “Congress now has 6 months to legalize DACA (something the Obama Administration was unable to do). If they can’t, I will revisit this issue!”

Those lines seemed to capture the program’s benefits in a nutshell, Alsup wrote in a 49-page order.

“We seem to be in the unusual position wherein the ultimate authority over the agency, the Chief Executive, publicly favors the very program the agency has ended,” the judge wrote. “For the reasons DACA was instituted and for the reasons tweeted by President Trump, this order finds that the public interest will be served by DACA’s continuation.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...&utm_term=.b8bce979457a&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

That last judges that did that were reversed and slapped down.

Yes, temporarily while legal challenges continue. Yet another Trump tweet fail.

People like you and those bringing the lawsuits and the Judges making these rulings are why the Constitution is obsolete. Time to change the game.

Lol, Judges, DOJ, FBI, McCain, Bannon, everybody s wrong according to the rubes if they question their man love for the orange crush. Let em pretend they would have been ok with Obama calling McCain a loser, those dumbasses know their bullshit ain't fooling anyone, they just have no self awareness or care anymore.

Lol, Judges, DOJ, FBI, McCain, Bannon, everybody s wrong according to the rubes if they question their man love for the orange crush. Let em pretend they would have been ok with Obama calling McCain a loser, those dumbasses know their bullshit ain't fooling anyone, they just have no self awareness or care anymore.

People like you are what's wrong. Unfortunately you Marxists have infiltrated everywhere. I hope the purge is painful for you.

People like you and those bringing the lawsuits and the Judges making these rulings are why the Constitution is obsolete. Time to change the game.
The Constitution is fine, it's those (Trump) that can't seem to follow it that encounter problems.

That decision makes no sense at all to me.

That decision makes no sense at all to me.
It’s apparently constitutional for the President (Obama) to do DACA. It’s unconstitutional for the President (Trump) to rescind it.

What’s not to get?

Strategy, delay and buy time so that amnesty is the negotiation point, not DACA. DACA isn’t enough for the Dems to give in on the Wall, chain migration, and the lottery, and border security.

It’s apparently constitutional for the President (Obama) to do DACA. It’s unconstitutional for the President (Trump) to rescind it.

What’s not to get?

Strategy, delay and buy time so that amnesty is the negotiation point, not DACA. DACA isn’t enough for the Dems to give in on the Wall, chain migration, and the lottery, and border security.
lol. Wasn't Obama's EO found unconst by a federal court earlier? I think that was the main catalyst for Trump's decision, if I remember a Gen Kelly interview correctly.

Congress should have and should fix the problem.

Again...WTF is with this decision? Kudos to Trump.

The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) was an American immigration policy that allowed some individuals who entered the country as minors, and had either entered or remained in the country illegally, to receive a renewable two-year period of deferred action from deportation and to be eligible for a work permit. As of 2017, approximately 800,000 individuals—referred to as Dreamers after the DREAM Act bill—were enrolled in the program created by DACA. The policy was established by the Obama administration in June 2012 and rescinded by the Trump administration in September 2017.[1]

In November 2014 President Barack Obama announced his intention to expand DACA to cover additional illegal immigrants. But multiple states immediately sued to prevent the expansion, which was ultimately blocked by the courts. The United States Department of Homeland Security rescinded the expansion on June 16, 2017, while continuing to review the existence of the DACA program as a whole. The DACA policy was rescinded by the Trump administration on September 5, 2017, but full implementation of the rescission was delayed six months to give Congress time to decide how to deal with the population that was previously eligible under the policy.[2]

lol. Wasn't Obama's EO found unconst by a federal court earlier? I think that was the main catalyst for Trump's decision, if I remember a Gen Kelly interview correctly.

Congress should have and should fix the problem.
You know, I had The unconstitutional part in there under Obama’s and deleted it out. Hahahha

Reactions: WVUCOOPER
80% of 9th Court rulings have been overturned by the Supreme Court...

80%...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT