ADVERTISEMENT

Trey Doomes

skygusty

All-Conference
May 14, 2003
I don't know much about him as a player, he had pretty good highlight films, and he isn't the biggest guy. I do like his enthusiasm though. Every game he is into it on the bench, smiling and talking to the players and coaches. Watching the play on the court and jumping up and cheering his team on . Versus Texas I saw him on the floor high fiving the starters during a timeout. I hope he gets a chance to show us what he's got next year because I like his attitude.

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
I don't know much about him as a player, he had pretty good highlight films, and he isn't the biggest guy. I do like his enthusiasm though. Every game he is into it on the bench, smiling and talking to the players and coaches. Watching the play on the court and jumping up and cheering his team on . Versus Texas I saw him on the floor high fiving the starters during a timeout. I hope he gets a chance to show us what he's got next year because I like his attitude.

Yeah, because "attitude" is what will make this team better.....[eyeroll]......now, if he can dribble, shoot, rebound, and play defense while also providing a good attitude....then yes, I agree.

Huggs, give him a chance. Could it be much worse ?

Reactions: jtturner09
Yeah, because "attitude" is what will make this team better.....[eyeroll]......now, if he can dribble, shoot, rebound, and play defense while also providing a good attitude....then yes, I agree.
Nah, if he could dribble, shoot, rebound, pass and play defense, wouldn't he be on the floor at the weakest position on the whole team? I think it's better that he gets a basketball scholarship to be on the bench cheerleading team. Maybe by the time he is a senior he will be better than the Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors that will be recruited behind him. God forbid we take any playing time away from Harler and Haley. And we wouldn't want him to be ready to go if Knapper gets in Huggs doghouse, and McCabe decides that Mr Basketball can do better someplace else. I do like his attitude though, its the only part of his game we have been able to see.

Red shirt, his high school teammate is the number one recruit in the country this year. He might have been signed to give us a chance at him.

Red shirt, his high school teammate is the number one recruit in the country this year. He might have been signed to give us a chance at him.
Interesting. Would it interfere with that guy's recruitment if Doomes got some PT? We have 7 guards on this team. Six of them have had some time playing the point. One has yet to see the floor. Doomes, Knapper, Haley, McCabe and Harler were all 3 star recruits. Are you saying he is terrible and the only reason he is on the team is to have a shot at his classmate?

Interesting. Would it interfere with that guy's recruitment if Doomes got some PT? We have 7 guards on this team. Six of them have had some time playing the point. One has yet to see the floor. Doomes, Knapper, Haley, McCabe and Harler were all 3 star recruits. Are you saying he is terrible and the only reason he is on the team is to have a shot at his classmate?

I think I'll go with, throw everything you got at the wall and hope something sticks.

Was that Vernon Carey? Looks like he is expected to sign with Duke.

I said last year when they recruited him he was very suspect. I told the board. Go look up all the things I said about Doomes recruitment. I saw a D2 at best player. Big miss by Huggs and staff.

Huggs needs to look harder at Dobbs this year. Maybe prep him and bring him in. 6-3 200 guard that has developed his point guard skills a little more as a senior. Very athletic. Better than our current guards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT