ADVERTISEMENT

Tough loss last night for the Bball team.

The Bell Tolls for Thee

All-Conference
Feb 15, 2005
I realize that UVA is a pretty good team and they deserve a lot of credit for keeping their composure when WVU started fast and built a double digit lead. Unfortunately the Mountaineers seemed to do the opposite and folded when UVA surged back. Here's what I saw ...

1. The half-court offense needs an augment to Devin Williams. I love the big man, but he can't do it alone.
2. Devin seemed to lack vision. When UVA started to double down on him in the post he missed the open pass to a guy on the opposite low block a few times when UVA did not cover him.
3. Guards need to help Devin out with number 2. Didn't see cuts to the basket or much moving around the perimeter when the double team occurred.
4. The press is great, but the half-court D needs work. Especially on rotations from player to player.
5: Liked Paige's effort to jump start the offense down the stretch. Effort like that can help take some of the pressure off Williams.
6. Carter showed a lot of positives on defense, but still needs work as point man in half-court offense and needs to play smarter.
7. I like Huggins style and I also hate blowing plays by trying to get cute, but note sure it warranted being benched for the rest of the game.

I get the feeling that this team will improve as the season progresses and by the end be something special.

I watched some of the game last night. I thought early, damn it looks like the conference might have 4 teams in the top 10.
Kansas,ISU,OU and WVU if you had won, your team would have been moving in that direction also.
A question for you guys,hows the depth go on this team this year? Because this style can wear out both teams too.
Do you have a deep bench?

I watched some of the game last night. I thought early, damn it looks like the conference might have 4 teams in the top 10.
Kansas,ISU,OU and WVU if you had won, your team would have been moving in that direction also.
A question for you guys,hows the depth go on this team this year? Because this style can wear out both teams too.

In a way ... the press does not suffer much with a lot of our bench players, but the offense sure does

Last edited:

We go 10 deep but the bottom two guys I would argue are liabilities at this point.

I think we will finish 4th in the Big XII this year, this league is really good again so Im okay with a 4th-6th place finish, more concerned with how that translates to NCAA seeding where I want a 6 or higher for this team. Depending on the draw we can go far in the tournament, we are a nightmare team to deal with in a 1 and done situation with minimal time for the opponent to prepare, if a team does not have an NBA caliber PG they are going to be in trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT