ADVERTISEMENT

Today will mark the beginning

No, the simpleton before you did.

What would an Atheist know about Jesus? Jesus certainly does not know a thing about them.

Bible lessons from a an Atheist. LOL!! Everybody may as well let Edward Scissorhands handle their family's next circumcision.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks, I kind of thought you meant that "simpleton".

First, never shortcut my Savior's name to an acronym, or call Him some other blasphemous name.

Second, there is no assumption. Any sexual activity (or thought) outside of marriage is a sin. Marriage is between on man, and one woman.

Third, it is not hate to name the sins. This life is temporary, and if sinners are not aware of their transgressions, they'll never look to the Savior. It is love to do such.

Finally, I don't shout to the world what I do out of love for my neighbor. I haven't before, I don't now, and I won't in the future. If you don't know, you shouldn't comment.

Heterosexuals that marry outside your church aren't considered married in your church. Why is it any different with homosexuals?

First, never shortcut my Savior's name to an acronym, or call Him some other blasphemous name.

Second, there is no assumption. Any sexual activity (or thought) outside of marriage is a sin. Marriage is between on man, and one woman.

Third, it is not hate to name the sins. This life is temporary, and if sinners are not aware of their transgressions, they'll never look to the Savior. It is love to do such.

Finally, I don't shout to the world what I do out of love for my neighbor. I haven't before, I don't now, and I won't in the future. If you don't know, you shouldn't comment.

The teachings of a complete nut and hypocrite. And I will comment and speak out against your hate which is a sin.. Put me on ignore if you are so obliged.

It's only just beginning, give it time. Link

Interracial marriage is legal but the government doesn't force churches perform interracial marriages. Same principle. The only difference is the degree to which interracial and homosexual marriage is accepted. Then again, 50 years ago interracial marriage was as opposed as much if not more so than homosexual marriage is today. And yet at no point along the way did the government force churches to perform interracial marriage ceremonies.

You truly a piece of work and a bigot. Why have so much hate? Were you abused as a child?
Ha! The church left me about the time Jerry Falwell formed his Moral Majority. When they entered politics, I had no use being around a bunch of mouth-breathing morons who'd vote however the pastor says they should. So much for love thy neighbor. If you believe differently, you are the enemy. The fundie political movement has done more to drive people away from religion than anything else I can think of.

I would agree that church's should be able to make decisions and I would agree there will be some that will sue those churches. I just hope reasonable people will realize those that attempt to exclude and divide because they are judgmental will call out these hypocrites for who they are. Because they are not following the teaching of JC.

For you edification, God and Jesus are ONE. There is no separation between them from the Old Testament to the New Testament.

And the lawyers supporting ssm admitted that religious institutions may lose their tax exempt status. This is the problem when you shred the constitution and enact laws outside of the democratic process.

You are wasting your time ............... nothing but the flawless fulfillment of John 12:40 ......... and then some.

This world has been stricken with normalcy bias. A bunch of white lab coats have been bested by peasants and fishermen thousands of years ago. LOL!!!! There truly is a difference between "intelligence" and "wisdom",

Oh yes ........... DOOOOOOOOMED!!! ....... and it couldn't happen to a nicer civilization.

Heterosexuals that marry outside your church aren't considered married in your church. Why is it any different with homosexuals?

First you make a statement as fact that isn't true, then you want me to argue some other case? Do you have me mistaken for a Mormon or something?

Ha! The church left me about the time Jerry Falwell formed his Moral Majority. When they entered politics, I had no use being around a bunch of mouth-breathing morons who'd vote however the pastor says they should. So much for love thy neighbor. If you believe differently, you are the enemy. The fundie political movement has done more to drive people away from religion than anything else I can think of.

Once again, you are a hate filled bigot and I'm ashamed you are a graduate of such a fine university. People can differ in their opinions but you go beyond differing to hate for those with whom you disagree.

Once again, you are a hate filled bigot and I'm ashamed you are a graduate of such a fine university. People can differ in their opinions but you go beyond differing to hate for those with whom you disagree.
Oh the irony coming from a guy who seemingly spends a large portion of his life here posting hate about the president of our country....among other things.

First you make a statement as fact that isn't true, then you want me to argue some other case? Do you have me mistaken for a Mormon or something?

Do you consider every man and woman that are married to be married in the eyes of your church? Even atheists married in a civil ceremony? Or Muslims or Hindus? Or someone married on the beach in California by someone that became a Reverend by paying $10 on the Internet to get a certificate?

My point is that there are plenty of man-woman marriages that you probably don't consider real marriages so why are same sex marriages any different?

Your response did not address gay marriages. Will Catholic priests and leaders of other religions who do not honor gay marriages be forced to perform them? Do bakers who don't believe in gay weddings be forced bake a wedding cake for them? Looks like a slippery slope for individual rights and the law. Has the fact that Catholic priests don't perform non Catholic weddings ever been challenged in court?

Simple answer: no. Why would they? Churches have always had the right to determine what constitutes a marriage under their faith. There are still ministers who refuse to perform interracial marriages. There are numerous legal exceptions carved out in discrimination laws for churches, including employment practices.

Bakers are a different matter. If you operate a public accommodation in a state that recognizes sexuality as a protected class, then yes, you will be expected to provide the same service to gays that you would heterosexuals. The same as you would be expected to provide the same service to blacks and whites.

Jerry FaIwell cause all this? For crying out loud its Jerry Falwell. I find it hard to believe you would base your beliefs on Jerry Falwell. I could care less if you are agnostic,religious or an atheist. Its none of my business what you believe. I'm not in the business of forcing beliefs on anyone. However, since I am half Italian, I take exception of your use of the word "whop". I guess some of those Tennessee KKK teachings may have affected you a little bit. Also, why all the hate on the "mute"? Did he offer you a can of Coca Cola?

Last edited:
Notice they say nothing negative about Jesus or his existence and who he TRULY was.

Even one of their heroes (Christopher Hitchens) had to recognize Christ's works and tangibility but downplay his tip of the cap by calling Jesus an "eccentric preacher".

Oh, Jesus was eccentric alright ........... as the light of the world tends to be.

It's of little need to tell people that they need to "get to know Jesus". We will ALLLLLL know him soon enough.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!

...........Well, most are.

There is nothing hateful or bigoted about his position. I agree 100% with him. I don't have a problem with Christians and they should be able to practice their faith in an unrestricted manner. But when they stand in the pulpit and tell people how to vote and act as a political action committee (PAC), they are no longer a church; they are a political action committee and should lose their non-profit status. They need to get back to practicing their faith and not participating in politics.

Do you consider every man and woman that are married to be married in the eyes of your church? Even atheists married in a civil ceremony? Or Muslims or Hindus? Or someone married on the beach in California by someone that became a Reverend by paying $10 on the Internet to get a certificate?

My point is that there are plenty of man-woman marriages that you probably don't consider real marriages so why are same sex marriages any different?

Why would I not consider marriages completed by anyone other than my church not to be valid? My pastor would be a really busy man. As long as they know what they're getting into, why wouldn't it be valid? You're not even making logical sense.

There is nothing hateful or bigoted about his position. I agree 100% with him. I don't have a problem with Christians and they should be able to practice their faith in an unrestricted manner. But when they stand in the pulpit and tell people how to vote and act as a political action committee (PAC), they are no longer a church; they are a political action committee and should lose their non-profit status. They need to get back to practicing their faith and not participating in politics.

You mean like this? Link

Are any churches forced to marry people they don't want to marry now? No. So why would that change with this ruling? It won't.

You're incredibly naive. Lawsuits will certainly follow. Small churches will have to surrender. Even the plaintiff's attorneys admitted as much during oral arguments. And when a case gets to the SC, does the 14th amendment win or the 1st amendment win?

Simple answer: no. Why would they? Churches have always had the right to determine what constitutes a marriage under their faith. There are still ministers who refuse to perform interracial marriages. There are numerous legal exceptions carved out in discrimination laws for churches, including employment practices.

Bakers are a different matter. If you operate a public accommodation in a state that recognizes sexuality as a protected class, then yes, you will be expected to provide the same service to gays that you would heterosexuals. The same as you would be expected to provide the same service to blacks and whites.

So you are saying that churches are the only ones that can now legally discriminate?

Why would I not consider marriages completed by anyone other than my church not to be valid? My pastor would be a really busy man. As long as they know what they're getting into, why wouldn't it be valid? You're not even making logical sense.

So people married in marriage ceremonies outside your religion are just as married as people married in marriage ceremonies inside your religion? If so then it sounds like there's not really anything special about your religion when it comes to marriage.

It transcends bizarre to see someone from the secular community unwittingly espouse the moral "love they neighbor" directive from the son of God .......... something they openly state they do not believe in. That's like me ordering a year's worth of meatballs for my Flying Spaghetti Monster.

"He does not exist, yet I will reference a quote from the Son."

Is that disposable theism or something? LOL!!!!

WTF??

It transcends bizarre to see someone from the secular community unwittingly espouse the moral "love they neighbor" directive from the son of God .......... something they openly state they do not believe in. That's like me ordering a year's worth of meatballs for my Flying Spaghetti Monster.

"He does not exist, yet I will reference a quote from the Son."

Is that disposable theism or something? LOL!!!!

WTF??
It's not surprising that you don't understand the concept of hypocrisy.

So you are saying that churches are the only ones that can now legally discriminate?

Nope. They have been legally allowed to discriminate for some time, as have many private institutions (country clubs, swim clubs, private colleges, etc).

Well, at least you have a sense of humor. And btw, for someone who's always corrected others on spelling and grammar, it's "couldn't care less". Ciao

Thanks.... what does Ciao mean? I don't speak Italian, my father was Americanized and since I was raised by my Austrian grandparents, I never learned Italian. As for the grammar and spelling issue, I never fired the first shot. I have responded in kind. I will refrain from doing so in the future.

It's not surprising that you don't understand the concept of hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy? I have nothing but a smile and a hug for the gay community. I have not (nor will not) say a foul word about them.

However, you little ladies quoting Jesus is what is utterly hilarious. He's not the son of God (because God does not exist) yet he's highly quotable. LOL!!! [roll]

Hypocrisy? I have nothing but a smile and a hug for the gay community. I have not (nor will not) say a foul word about them.

However, you little ladies quoting Jesus is what is utterly hilarious. He's not the son of God (because God does not exist) yet he's highly quotable. LOL!!! [roll]

I don't think we know whether Jesus actually, you know, said any of that stuff in the Bible. That said, just because it's in the Bible doesn't mean it's wrong, just as just because it's in the Bible doesn't mean it's right. "Love They Neighbor" is good stuff, as is "Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You," which I believe was actually around before the Bible.

Your fudies problems started when you morons decided to become involved in politics from the pulpit. You couldn't leave well enough alone and concentrate on saving souls, helping the poor, and having Bible school. You had to use politics to force your beliefs on everyone else. Well, 35 years later, you guys have gotten no where. Abortion is still legal (and we all know that was the catalyst for the "family values movement), evolution is still taught as science in schools, no organized prayers are said in public schools, and now, as of today, gays can marry in any state in the US. This despite the fact that this court is dominated by GOP appointed justices. After Hillary wins, I see 2-3 more justices appointed who will replace the mute and the whop. No offense to my Italian friends-I'm on a roll. You guys need to go back to saving souls and having pot luck dinners.
None taken---But it is spelled Wop. Short for Without Papers.

I don't think we know whether Jesus actually, you know, said any of that stuff in the Bible. That said, just because it's in the Bible doesn't mean it's wrong, just as just because it's in the Bible doesn't mean it's right. "Love They Neighbor" is good stuff, as is "Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You," which I believe was actually around before the Bible.

Who is "We"?

I know him to be exactly who he said he was, what he said to be true, and when he said it.

if you don''t ..... hey .... you are merely exercising one of the 2 greatest gifts we received:

(1) The propitiation on the cross

(2) The freedom to reject said propitiation

Who is "We"?

I know him to be exactly who he said he was, what he said to be true, and when he said it.

if you don''t ..... hey .... you are merely exercising one of the 2 greatest gifts we received:

(1) The propitiation on the cross

(2) The freedom to reject said propitiation

"We" is humanity. The books are 2000 or more years old and the ones that have Jesus in them were written decades after he was crucified. I don't think any quotes from them are reliable.

Exactly. But hypocrites like those on here believe it is because of JC and their Christianity that directs them to be judgmental and hateful. This has been going on for years and it will never change. Bible-thumpers just make me sick with their hatred.

Actually we do know it was accurate. It was within 20 years of his death, well within reason to be corrected by others in the various audiences that witnessed the different events. Prior to that, it was by word of mouth. We aren't talking Muhammad here which was hundreds of years after.

Exactly. But hypocrites like those on here believe it is because of JC and their Christianity that directs them to be judgmental and hateful. This has been going on for years and it will never change. Bible-thumpers just make me sick with their hatred.

False witnessing, blasphemous liar.

Actually we do know it was accurate. It was within 20 years of his death, well within reason to be corrected by others in the various audiences that witnessed the different events. Prior to that, it was by word of mouth. We aren't talking Muhammad here which was hundreds of years after.

So if someone said they heard something 20 years ago and quoted and insisted it was verbatim you'd take it as gospel (pun intended)?

So if someone said they heard something 20 years ago and quoted and insisted it was verbatim you'd take it as gospel (pun intended)?

You missed the word of mouth part entirely I see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT