ADVERTISEMENT

Tiger's return

WVUBRU

All-American
Aug 7, 2001
Been watching Tiger for the past hour. This is the best I have seen his golf in many years. He still has some rust and he will never regain his dominance. But he most certainly can be a champion several more times. There is no substitute for talent and desire and for many years, he has shown he has both. Welcome back Tiger.

Reactions: Boomboom521
Been watching Tiger for the past hour. This is the best I have seen his golf in many years. He still has some rust and he will never regain his dominance. But he most certainly can be a champion several more times. There is no substitute for talent and desire and for many years, he has shown he has both. Welcome back Tiger.
I stopped watching after he bogey'd 10 and then what looked like OB on 12.

Maybe wait for or round or 2.

His swing is looking beautiful. It isn't that hold off cut swing he was doing for 2012-2014 as he didn't have anything else. He is again playing the right shot depending on what is in front of him. That is key. His putting looks beautiful.

He is hooking the ball as he still has rust and is flipping his hands and his overall short game is not elite yet. Plus, he is playing new clubs and a new ball. But so far, I like what I see and the golf world will be better if he can get to elite status again.

His swing is looking beautiful. It isn't that hold off cut swing he was doing for 2012-2014 as he didn't have anything else. He is again playing the right shot depending on what is in front of him. That is key. His putting looks beautiful.

He is hooking the ball as he still has rust and is flipping his hands and his overall short game is not elite yet. Plus, he is playing new clubs and a new ball. But so far, I like what I see and the golf world will be better if he can get to elite status again.
Tiger was always held to a higher standard. -1 on 17 first round of competitive golf in a substantial time when the leaders at -8 second is -5?.....not bad at all. And, I know he's aged, but Tiger is the greatest golf talent ever....he might just get that dominance back for several years.

Tiger was always held to a higher standard. -1 on 17 first round of competitive golf in a substantial time when the leaders at -8 second is -5?.....not bad at all. And, I know he's aged, but Tiger is the greatest golf talent ever....he might just get that dominance back for several years.
He doubled to go to -1. Bad hook with a 5 iron. First bad shot I've seen him make on the back. I don't think he will get his dominance but I do think he can become in the talking once again.

He doubled to go to -1. Bad hook with a 5 iron. First bad shot I've seen him make on the back. I don't think he will get his dominance but I do think he can become in the talking once again.
Confidence is everything in golf...if he gets it again? Look out, he's got every shot in the bag

Confidence is everything in golf...if he gets it again? Look out, he's got every shot in the bag
I agree that he once had every shot. But for awhile before his hiatus, he didn't. He couldn't play the right shots. He looked like a much more athletic Bruce Lietzke out there. And I liked Lietzke.

Score doesn't mean much for awhile for him. He is going to have some very bad scores that will ruin a round. No doubt. Come the Florida swing in March, lets see what he is doing.

I agree that he once had every shot. But for awhile before his hiatus, he didn't. He couldn't play the right shots. He looked like a much more athletic Bruce Lietzke out there. And I liked Lietzke.

Score doesn't mean much for awhile for him. He is going to have some very bad scores that will ruin a round. No doubt. Come the Florida swing in March, lets see what he is doing.
I don't think he was ever really healthy. My man Freddy boom boom Couples was crazy good until his divorce and back trouble set in.

I have to give him credit for trying to come back......had I gone thru the surgeries that he has I'd be scared to really let it go and swing hard.....if he can get his golf head back he'll win again, but I don;t think he'll ever be feared again

remember when Lietzke used to play in an event at Parkersburg Country Club?....I was there for a couple of them

I have to give him credit for trying to come back......had I gone thru the surgeries that he has I'd be scared to really let it go and swing hard.....if he can get his golf head back he'll win again, but I don;t think he'll ever be feared again
I agree. But it wasn't fear that made him dominant....it was his ability to play better under pressure. It was there in his 3 US Amateur victories in a row. If he ever gets that mindset back, he could dominate still, even post 40. But the back? Ouch, it wrecks a golf game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT