ADVERTISEMENT

Throwing away the season because of a victimless crime?

Its not victimless. Use of it perpetuates its unfortunate place as part of our society. Most potheads I know are much less likely to make valuable contributions to society than those that don't smoke it. Potheads are much more likely to drain from society than those who don't smoke it.
I have known a lot of worthless potheads, but I have known more people who are productive members of society, doctors, lawyers, research analysts, computer programmers, business owners, musicians, artists, engineers... It is about the person, not their drug of choice and their psychological dependence. There are people who are discreet, people who have to be discreet or non-users because of mandatory drug testing in their work place. Holton should have known better to violate the rules of his workplace. Some people do, some people don't. Life is about choices.

A plant that is safer than alcohol, tobacco, red bull, caffeine, fast food, Tylenol + any other medication, sugar, playing football, red meat, etc. I could on all night.

I see good chance of 4 game losing streak coming up, at least a 4 game.

Swamp- thought it was hard to beat UF down there with Holton? Without Holton? No chance.

ISU- Hilton Magic+ no Holton = Iowa State running away.

Baylor at home = they are very athletic/lengthy, can rebound, got a few shooters, etc. We need rebounds but unless Devin Williams gains confidence, we will get outrebounded significantly. Not to mention our record vs Baylor since WVU entered Big 12 hasn't been that good. Even that 1 year before Big 12 entry, they beat WVU in that Las Vegas tournament.

Kansas in Lawrence, no chance of a win. With or without Holton. They just simply almost win every game there especially against conference teams.

We all know losing streaks are hard to climb out of. Only silver lining is that WVU already has 17 wins so they should be able to sneak in the NCAA Tournament as a 7/8 seed.

Victimless crime, that is what El Chapo said.

Victimless crime, that is what El Chapo said.

LOL - Yep, and tell that to AL Capone too. Funny thing happened after Prohibition ended...bootleggers went out of business.

Maybe we should stop creating these environments....don't worry, you won't burn in hell.

OK .... let's talk about the REAL story here.

The thing about Holton smoking weed is that it might have actually helped a very hyperactive/adhd person slow down enough to not be impulsive.

http://www.details.com/story/weed-may-treat-adhd-better-than-adderall-study-says

But ..... rules are rules.
It's going to be interesting to see how he plays during February. Really ... let's watch that. Let's see if the foul trouble returns in February.
And then maybe they'll time his testing to avoid testing to happen during the post-season.

I mean .... let's not be naive. Right?

Maybe I am missing something here, but to me it is pretty simple.

He broke a rule and he is being punished for it. Doesn't matter if it is legal everywhere else, doesn't matter if it is victimless or not not. He messed up and I would bet (being that the punishment is a second offense type) that he knew he was messing up.

If you work in a facility where you have to keep your hair short or you are let go, then you either keep your hair short or you get let go. Does not matter if it is legal to have long hair.

He made a choice, that choice had a negative consequence. Either he learns from it or he doesn't.

I wonder how Holton got caught. Hey Man...............take this.

Last edited:
So.... nobody is buying the angle that Holton was self-medicating to help him be more mellow because he is a hyperactive ADHD person and this has allowed him to play more smoothly?

It would be nice to be wrong. But let's see if he starts getting into foul trouble.

So.... nobody is buying the angle that Holton was self-medicating to help him be more mellow because he is a hyperactive ADHD person and this has allowed him to play more smoothly?

It would be nice to be wrong. But let's see if he starts getting into foul trouble.

Possibly. He's also a young college student so my bet is he just wanted to get high - like most students at WVU do.

All I am saying is .... let's see if the hyper-foul-machine-Holton returns when he hits the court again.

"Victimless"? Tell that to WVU if it loses to Florida.

Still think it's a victimless crime? If the law and rules don't count, where are we as a society? Anarchy!

Holton made the mistake, but his teammates are paying for it. No pedestal for Jon from me.

I hope the shot across the bow keeps him in line for the rest of the season because he's the most crucial player on the team. He guards the throw-in guy on the press the way no one else can. He gets putback points on misses, which makes the other guys more confident about taking open shots. He's sneaky and fierce on rebounds. He also can steal the ball.
I'd say not having Holton against Florida cost WVU about 17 points.

bump! I eat my own crow, hopefully I can eat some more crow on Saturday. Devin Williams finally looked like the Devin Williams we all knew and love. Someone had to pick up for Holton and Devin delivered tonight.

images.jpeg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT