ADVERTISEMENT

Those Horns Will Hook You! ....

Mounties play great defense, they won't let you get the ball up the court....but if you can get them in a half court game, they struggle to shoot the ball from the perimeter and the foul line as you noted.

Reactions: 30CAT
Mounties play great defense, they won't let you get the ball up the court....but if you can get them in a half court game, they struggle to shoot the ball from the perimeter and the foul line as you noted.

That isn't always the case ... but it is the case a little too often.

Gracious that was an ugly game. I can't stand it when the refs call games like that, there is no flow or anything to the game and it's horrible to watch. I am NOT saying the refs were to blame for our loss, just that they greatly assisted in it being an ugly unwatchable game.

The new defensive rules were supposed to provide more flow to the game and "freedom of movement", but all it has done is make the games into a foul shooting contest.

That isn't always the case ... but it is the case a little too often.

Gracious that was an ugly game. I can't stand it when the refs call games like that, there is no flow or anything to the game and it's horrible to watch. I am NOT saying the refs were to blame for our loss, just that they greatly assisted in it being an ugly unwatchable game.

The new defensive rules were supposed to provide more flow to the game and "freedom of movement", but all it has done is make the games into a foul shooting contest.
Hard for me to like the Mounties in a FT shooting contest! I like MU's guards much better in a horse game providing your boys couldn't ball hawk them and dunk the ball on their head!

Hard for me to like the Mounties in a FT shooting contest! I like MU's guards much better in a horse game providing your boys couldn't ball hawk them and dunk the ball on their head!

FT's seem like the flu or something. We've had games where we've shot really well from the line (everybody but Macon anyway, LOL), but then other games when NOBODY could make anything. One guy catches the bug and then it spreads through the whole team.

That's just about the same thing you said BEFORE the game, isn't it Tonycried? You were spot on.

FT's seem like the flu or something. We've had games where we've shot really well from the line (everybody but Macon anyway, LOL), but then other games when NOBODY could make anything. One guy catches the bug and then it spreads through the whole team.
Texas has a pretty good team. No shame in losing to them. I've played a lot of hoops in my days. Some days the ball won't go down and some days you can't miss.

Texas has a pretty good team. No shame in losing to them. I've played a lot of hoops in my days. Some days the ball won't go down and some days you can't miss.

Absolutely.
I've played a lot as well, and that's just the way it goes. Some days every sloppy thing you throw up goes in and other days everything can feel perfect when it leaves your hand and it just doesn't go down. Pretty much the same with golf, some days you're striping it down the fairways and other days you can't get a 3 foot putt to drop to save your life. Sometimes those are the same day. :)

That's just about the same thing you said BEFORE the game, isn't it Tonycried? You were spot on.
Humpy...I wonder how Lilly feels about Gee's edict that the game should only be played in Morgantown due to "economic reasons"?

Humpy...I wonder how Lilly feels about Gee's edict that the game should only be played in Morgantown due to "economic reasons"?
I cannot speak for Lilly, but I'm guessing she's embarrassed for Gee's chicken-shit attitude....lol

L

Lilly is no doubt the clearest thinking Mountie that posts here!
Aside from that foolishness... Last night Huggs said, "When you miss easy shots and you can't make a free throw you're not mentally into what you're doing." Watching last night it became pretty obvious he was correct.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT