ADVERTISEMENT

Those darn ACC teams are at it again...

Tommy Elrod was on staff with Lonnie Galloway at Wake Forrest. Lonnie is now at Louisville. Not saying that was where it was leaked but pretty interesting.

I've heard some of the radio this morning saying or asking, 'doesn't this break the ethics of coaching?' I'm thinking are you people this clueless. Stealing signs, bugging or interfering with headset communications of the visiting team, to even using lip readers to steal plays, all of it has went on.

I'll bet no school turned the info down from Mr Elrod IF ALL THESE REPORTS are true.

I just saw where Tom Jurich said "Galloway received a few plays."

I thought that would be the connection when this first came out but didn't want to say it. It was just too obvious not to think it. There isn't anyone else on that staff with a connection to Elrod.

IMO this is a criminal matter. They have greatly influenced the competitive balance of the game and the ACC. And probably every game on the schedule where Elrod would give info and another coach would take it. How many games did Elrod cost them? They lost 2 games (Cuse & BC) and barely won a game (Tulane) with scores that don't make a lot sense.

Furthermore Bobby Petrino has also basically been caught lying about his knowledge of this? You can't not know if the OC knows and he shares it with the DC, then the HC has to know it.

And the Chapel Hill Cheaters continue to not get any NCAA punishment or ACC sanctions.

I love WVU in the Big XII.

Last edited:
More where that came from:

excerpt:

Virginia Tech
athletic director Whit Babcock said Thursday that a former assistant coach at the school received "game plan information" from Wake Forest radio broadcaster Tommy Elrod before the schools played in 2014.

Virginia Tech is the second ACC school that admitted it accepted information from Elrod. On Tuesday, Wake Forest said in a statement that Elrod provided or attempted to provide proprietary information to opponents since 2014.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ceived-wake-forest-demon-decons-insider-intel

The problem is Tommy Elrod. What coach would not take any information handed out to him? They are always trolling for info on their rivals, then trying to sift out how it might affect them.

M anhandled Missouri, 26-11

O rdinary against Youngstown, 38-21

U nnerving miracle goalline tip/interception escapes BYU, 35-32

N o quit against Kansas State, 17-16

T ony’s turbulence tore up Texas Tech, 48-17

A nother defense whipping, of TCU, 34-10

I gnominy of turnovers against Oklahoma State, 20-37

N o problem decimating Kansas, 48-21

E xcellent, timely defense AGAIN; beat Texas, 24-20

E rectile dysfunctioned against Oklahoma, 56-28

R ebounded big time on offense and defense at Iowa State, 49-19

S aved again by the defense against Baylor, 24-21

10-2, baby!!!!

Now to blow away the Hurricanes in Orlando!!!

I saw on ESPNs bottom line Galloway has been suspended for the bowl game.

That Petrino will skate over this. He's is the JR Ewing of football coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT