ADVERTISEMENT

This should be Holgs' last Saturaday on the WV sidelines****

I'm gonna agree with you on the defensive scheme needing changed. Although Gibson is a solid DC the 3-3-5 bend don't break style is not suited for winning Championship. It's serviceable during most years and can be a top rank defense but I believe it's outgrown it's usefulness.

I like the offense when it's running well. Would like to see a little more power running and more TE use.

I'm somewhat disappointed with 7-5 regular season record. It should have been at least 8-9 win season which in the Big XII would equal a rebuild year.

Should Holgrosen go? Not yet. Let's see what he does during the off season. Like upgrading assistant coaches. The recruiting for 2018 is looking very good. There are positives to be found if you look.

Liberty Bowl would be great I'm hoping for that Bowl. It's close and Memphis is a awesome city.
Recruiting stud defensive lineman is tough for us, we recruit "tweeners"
Paper...............no the folks are not content. It's just a game that the fans have no control over. Money talks, BS walks. WV doesn't have the jack to play with the fat cats. The fat cats include the likes of Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Texas, Georgia, etc. These programs have money to burn..............and they burn it. I woul

d like to see WV play in a re-organized Big East conference where money isn't the show and coaches are really coaches. Where the NC isn't even a topic for discussion. Warez

I don’t think the air raid novelty has worn off as much as you think it has. But I have been avoiding the topic in conversation for a while now. As for me, I’ve always known this offense leads to a soft team. That’s the history of it wherever it’s been tried.

Paper...................are you serious? Warez

Recruiting stud defensive lineman is tough for us, we recruit "tweeners"

Recruiting stud lineman is tough for anyone, but others manage to make due without a gimmick defense. Look at some of our peer programs like Iowa, Michigan State, or Virginia Tech. Solid defenses and they produce good D Lineman.

It feels like we don't even try to recruit the position because we have been running the ridiculous 335 for 15+ years.

Recruiting stud lineman is tough for anyone, but others manage to make due without a gimmick defense. Look at some of our peer programs like Iowa, Michigan State, or Virginia Tech. Solid defenses and they produce good D Lineman.

It feels like we don't even try to recruit the position because we have been running the ridiculous 335 for 15+ years.

But it's the perfect defense for the Big 12... [pfftt] Sack the stack!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT