ADVERTISEMENT

This Saturday will determine:

WVUfinance

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2008
Southern New Jersey
I am a strong proponent of mental focus in sports. I have seen its success when over matched teams beat more talented teams including wins by ourMountaineers in both football and basketball over the years.

This Saturday will determine IMHO whether we have a 5-7 season or as good as an 8-4 season. Each game coming up is winnable if the team plays with focus. We were beaten by a more talented team in Oklahoma State last Saturday but if our wide receivers had been "on" half the 4 interceptions could have resulted in completions. The numerous drop receptions could have put us in a position even without a strong running game to win and the lack of focus by our center after we had gotten back into the game in the 3rd quarter was a real dagger in the heart to the momentum we had just grabbed back from Okie State. And this even with a porous secondary and defensive line.

This team needs the leadership of the coaches to help keep the players focused, something they have really fallen down on too often ie: Kansas, Baylor, the 1st qtr of last week's game, and 1st half of Texas Tech. With our special teams improving over the past two weeks it is possible to complete a very successful season which I would define as winning 3 of the next four games.

Again just my thoughts as a Mountaineer for over 45 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News