ADVERTISEMENT

This pretty much sums it up

BurninDownTheCouch

All-Conference
Jan 16, 2006
Saint Albans
If WVU fans were polled as to who their biggest "rival" or most hated rival is you'd probably get a few different responses.. Most would say, Pitt, even though we no longer play. Some would say, Va Tech. Some old timers may say, Penn St.. Some young people may say some B12 team. A few years ago, you would have gotten some, Syracuse, votes. What you wouldn't hear is, "Marshall". Ask the same question to Marshall fans, and you'd get an overwhelming, "West Virginia". That's why it's frustrating. That has always been Bob Huggins' feeling as well. I come here in hopes I can get involved with "Real Smack".....relevant smack. I would assume Moo's Rivals Boards are consumed with WVU posts as well. Not sure how it got to such a level of smack talk being 0-12 against the team Marshall directs it's smack.....

Ask Pitt and VaTech fans, even Maryland fans, and you'd hear "WVU" in great numbers. There's a win and loss history, and/or conference rivalry, P5 commonality....Marshall only has a loss history. It would be like me going on the Alabama boards and talking smack, even Texas A&M...we've beaten neither team.

Marshall's self-comparison and obsession with WVU is somewhat bizarre. Doesn't Marshall have some historical rival that makes sense they can obsess over? Someone they've actually beaten? Someone with a similar stature, athletic budget, facilities, fan support, exposure? How about Ohio U, or someone in CUSA, or even a G5 school? How about a directional KY, Tenn, or Miss.? How about a school with a first name like they have, like, Charlotte, or Kent? There's got to be someone out there. I'll keep looking for you guys.

Nobody considers C1AA Marshall as a real "rival" .. only Power 5 schools*

sick.r191677.gif

Originally posted by BurninDownTheCouch:

How about a school with a first name like they have, like, Charlotte, or Kent? There's got to be someone out there. I'll keep looking for you guys.
A school with a name like Charlotte, Kent?

You do realize those are named after towns/cities?

Let me guess, you often visit Marshall, West Virginia from time to time?

How about M.U.? Morgantown University...

laugh.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT