ADVERTISEMENT

This is how it's going to go

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
Michigan and Georgia lose. WVU doesn't. We're in.

M agnificent Grier passes shredded Tennessee, 40-14
O verhelmed drenched Youngstown, 52-17
U nable to play North Carolina State because of Hurricane Florence
N asty defense against Kansas State, 35-6
T errific, then timid on offense against Texas Tech, 42-34
A ntsy time for fans, vs. Kansas!, 38-22
I ncomprehensible insanely indescribably inept offense against Iowa State, 14-30
N ailed Baylor, 58-14
E rectile dysfunctioned Texas on 2-point PAT, 42-41
E viscerated TCU, 47-10
R eam Oklahoma State
S laughter Oklahoma

OP, a die-hard tOSU-enviest now wants them to beat Big Blue and make the playoffs...................

which would happen.........

instead of WVU, even if we win out.............

because tOSU has a 13th game under their belt at that point, while WVU would only have played 12.

12-1 beats 11-1 every time among P5 (see 2014)

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
WV was #5 AP when they lost to ISU. Would probably have entered top 4 at some point. Would that translate to a top 4 in the playoff poll? Who knows? But any realistic chance of making the playoff died that night. Moral of story, IMO: WV had to win them all and pray the committee took notice. Not exactly one of the media darlings. To quote Bill Stewart, they must always "leave no doubt."

WV was #5 AP when they lost to ISU. Would probably have entered top 4 at some point. Would that translate to a top 4 in the playoff poll? Who knows? But any realistic chance of making the playoff died that night. Moral of story, IMO: WV had to win them all and pray the committee took notice. Not exactly one of the media darlings. To quote Bill Stewart, they must always "leave no doubt."

This is not accurate.

WVU needs to win out including the B12 CCG

ND needs to lose (Cuse, USC best chances)

Bama can’t lose to Georgia in the SEC champ game IF Georgia hasn’t already lost a 2nd game. If Georgia loses to Georgia Tech, this doesn’t matter.

Then it would be:

Clemson
Bama
B10
WVU

And here is why WVU would get chosen over ND when both are 11-1....... the committee gives WVU the benefit of losing a likely victory (NC ST) to a hurricane

And here is why WVU would get chosen over ND when both are 11-1....... the committee gives WVU the benefit of losing a likely victory (NC ST) to a hurricane

As much as I distain ND...you truly believe that the committee would say that the not played game with NCS would be viewed as a WVU win? Wow how does your thought process work. You sound like the election commissioner in Broward County Florida claiming that the 50,000 contested votes would have all voted for the Dem candidate...if they could have figured out how to put a mark in a circle. Too funny.

As much as I distain ND...you truly believe that the committee would say that the not played game with NCS would be viewed as a WVU win? Wow how does your thought process work. You sound like the election commissioner in Broward County Florida claiming that the 50,000 contested votes would have all voted for the Dem candidate...if they could have figured out how to put a mark in a circle. Too funny.

That isn’t what I said...

What I said was the committee will award favor to a team that was not allowed to better their resume due to events outside their control over a team that got to play ALL of their games....

And on Selection Day, if WVU is 11-1 with the B12 title in hand, the committee WOULD look at the missed N.C. ST game as a likely victory due to various metrics of prediction..... but no consider it some ghost-victory that already took place

What I said was the committee will award favor to a team that was not allowed to better their resume due to events outside their control over a team that got to play ALL of their games....

the committee WOULD look at the missed N.C. ST game as a likely victory due to various metrics of prediction.

I repeat my earlier observation lol. Maybe if all 12 games had been cancelled we could be seen as undefeated! Wow. New METRICS lolx2.

WVU needs Bama to stay unbeaten.
They need ND to lose.
WVU should jump Washington State if they win out with the back to back wins over OU. ND 11-1 and WVU 11-1. This would give WVU the 4th spot. OSU over Michigan Or Michigan over OSU possibly doesn't make an issue with WVU #4. Having WSU lose would not hurt and give WVU the just in case game.

Bama
Clemson
B10 (a 1 loss B1G champ losing CCG would really throw an iron into the fire)
WVU

Does a 2 loss team get in or does this give UCF enough to move up to CFP?

an 11-1 conference champion who was robbed of a chance to get a 12th win due to natural causes is going to get chosen over a 11-1 independent who completed their entire schedule.

You can't punish a team for losing a game to a hurricane.

Last edited:
I hope you are right but I doubt you are.

We're talking about Notre Dame here. Even though we should, I just don't think we'd have enough clout to move Notre Dame out when they've FINALLY gotten there.

Oh well, I think it's pretty cool that here WE are in week 10 of a season and are even getting to talk about this. Usually, this conversation is over for us somewhere around October 15 most years.

Hopefully, we'll still be talking about this same thing next week at this time...

an 11-1 conference champion who was robbed of a chance to get a 12th win due to natural causes is going to get chosen over a 11-1 independent who completed their entire schedule.

So, the committee should punish an 11-1 independent then? Is your favorite song "Homer on the Range"?

Do you think Oklahoma can stop us from winning twice.
Certainly. I've seen WVU lose to plenty of shitty teams through the years. Get blown out by average Syracuse teams in bowl games. Certainly a good team like OU could beat WVU twice. That being said I look for a win at Mountaineer Field and a loss in the conference title game.

Certainly. I've seen WVU lose to plenty of shitty teams through the years. Get blown out by average Syracuse teams in bowl games. Certainly a good team like OU could beat WVU twice. That being said I look for a win at Mountaineer Field and a loss in the conference title game.
If we beat them at home we will not play them twice but likely face Texas in Dallas.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
This is not accurate.

WVU needs to win out including the B12 CCG

ND needs to lose (Cuse, USC best chances)

Bama can’t lose to Georgia in the SEC champ game IF Georgia hasn’t already lost a 2nd game. If Georgia loses to Georgia Tech, this doesn’t matter.

Then it would be:

Clemson
Bama
B10
WVU

Dream on. If we tie with ND at 11-1, ND get's in. It's called TV ratings.

Reactions: Rootmaster

Wanna bet? It's the NCAA we're talking about. Blue bloods are most important factor here. We're seen as a step above UCF. But, given a choice between a blue blood and WVU, we're out. Even if we win out and finish 11-1. Our only chance was to finish
undefeated. We'll be on the outside looking in because our loss was to ISU, another non-blue blood.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT